Concern about changes to Divine Light (healer)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by blklightning, Dec 16, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

By making Divine Light a group members heal, it reduces Celestial down to TWO ally heals: Consume Soul and cleansed Consume Soul. Most healers don't really spec into Wrath of the Presence. Is Consume Soul going to be enough for a CR70-84 player to keep Dr. Fate alive during Wayward Souls?
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

I don't read it that it will ONLY heal group members, so much as the pillar placement will work off of teammates instead of friendly NPCs:

• Divine Light, while in healer role, will now target group members instead of allies for the initial placement of the healing glyphs. This prevents one of your group members and their pets getting more than one glyph. Also the power cost in healer role was reduced from 450 to 325 (only healer role).
    It use to land near pets, friendlies, etc instead of on players (where imo it is needed.) This will make placement easier as well since you'll just need teammates to group up on Fate to ensure he gets the heal from it.
    • Like x 1
  3. blklightning New Player

Thanks for your reply. Kinda ill right now, so my brain isn't working at its best. Will find out when it goes live though, right?
  4. Infernale New Player

Yeah, you're right, it's still an ally heal, it just preferences group members over pets/npc's now rather than however it was deciding who to place the glyphs on before.

Regardless of where the other glyphs go, I'm pretty sure that the first/main glyph always goes on the caster. It can trigger the heal in a small AoE around it the same as the other glyphs do, so all you need to do is stand right smack-bang next to Dr. Fate and your own glyph will heal him anyway.

@OP - I agree that not many healers would currently spec into WOTP to get to Cleansed Consume Soul, in it's current form the HoT just feels slightly too short to be worth it compared to speccing to other/better powers - but with the changes to CS in the update which I assume will also apply to cCS (the increase to the first tick and the extra tick at the end) it may become more practical/worth the powercost to run WOTPcCS>CS to stack both together. Or, AcB>WOTPcCS>CS. Imagine the HoT's :) You could get even crazier and throw in the Cursed Idol Supercharge at the same time...

Is it sad that the thing I'm most looking forward to about the Nature/Sorcery revamp update is the Celestial changes? :D
    • Like x 2
  5. blklightning New Player

I've specced to get cCS in the past. I love the animation. Early one, depending on what the other healer was doing, I'd run either a burst or a HoT loadout. I love the changes coming to Celestial, but now it's going to be harder to have 2x Celestial healers. Both can no longer use AcB. Both can no longer battle heal. We'll definltely have to coordinate things going forward.
  6. Infernale New Player

Also, it can be handy to spec into plague as well - it's a good ability if you want to run dps occasionally, but if you put plague on your loadout as a healer in a situation where you need some extra ally-heals, you can combo from Plague into Cursed Divine Light which I think is pretty much the same as regular Divine Light (I assume your plague DoTs will probably cancel those applied by a Celestial DPS? Not too sure on that, but be careful, don't want to incite the wrath of a DPS by cancelling their DoTs).

I don't think the HoT's stack with each in a traditional sense - if you put a normal + a cursed glyph next to Dr. Fate (or any ally for that matter) at the same time, the first one applies it's healing to begin with, but when the first one disappears, the second one instantly procs it's big heal as if you'd only just cast the power... So you can pretty much "queue" two DL heals together by doing this.

So if you had only just hit CR70 and you wanted a lot of ally-heals to keep Fate alive, you could run CS + WOTPcCS + DL + PcDL, and if you want, the Cursed Idol 25% Supercharge is also an ally heal (so is the Sacrifice 50% SC, but I think that's probably unnecessary). So if you went in with full supercharge that's 5 ally heals that you can get onto Fate - should be easy enough to keep him alive with that, as long as you've got a troller feeding you some power.
  7. Infernale New Player

True - I guess there was always the risk of AcB or McB overlapping to some group members in the past, but for the most part it was ok - now it will definitely overlap.

That's where I think Celestial will really shine now though - it has such a great range of heals that lead to there being more than just one "good" loadout, meaning that running 2 Celestial healers will be fine, if there is some communication between the two.

With other powersets, if you wanted to avoid using overlapping heals one of the two healers would usually get a bit of a "gimped" loadout because there was only really 1 "good" loadout to run with (like a second nature healer not using blossom, or being forced to use bloom when they don't usually/don't like it). You could run 1 "normal" Celestial Healer with a regular loadout, then one "battle" healer, knowing that the battle healer now heals everyone, not just a few - and so on.
    • Like x 2