Competetive raiding

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Baelor, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Baelor New Player

With the new episode just around the corner, which will surely have new raids, are there leagues getting ready to compete for a world first clear? Does anybody know if there are streamers who would also stream this kind of thing? I'd like to get my popcorn ready!
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Are you sure you want to see players swapping arts every few seconds? ;)
    • Like x 5
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

1 raid*
    • Like x 1
  4. Baelor New Player

I'd love to see any tactics that the best leagues found and use (abuse) to prove they're the best.
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Be prepared to see multiple gadgets prec dpses and the troller (whatever POV view you watch) swapping arts xx number of times per boss battle. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

Well, that is what the test server is for; to test and figure out the raid mechanics. There may be streamers that might post their test server trials, but those mechanics can change multiple times before launch so they are not fully reliable.
    • Like x 1
  7. Baelor New Player

Do you know the names of those streamers? Also, I'm interested in the race itself, when the update hits the live servers, not just the testing part.
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

I do not know the names of those who may stream that test server content; however, I suggest keeping an eye out on the test server forums. When the new content becomes available to test check those forums out to see what videos are posted there and what testers are experiencing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I don't think watching flashing inventory/menu screens will be as entertaining as you think it will be. But to each their own.
    • Like x 6
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Who cares about the first to complete? I'd be more interested in fastest completion time, but only in the times themselves as watching would be a bore with the inventory screen being up for the most part. Do MMOs even generally have speedrunning leaderboards?
    • Like x 1
  11. Baelor New Player

The negativity! In competitive raiding anything goes, as long as it's not an exploit. People often find the most niche, surprising, unique and tedious tactics to use and abuse to reach the top. The fun is not in how the loadout looks like but racing for the gold medal.
    • Like x 1
  12. Baelor New Player

If you don't, doesn't mean that nobody does. Many many games have "World First to ____" categories. There is a market for such achievements, believe me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Baelor New Player

Anyway, I digress. I just wanted to know if there are streamers and leagues who will race to be the "World First to clear ___ raid" which I could watch. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don’t know much about competitive raiding, but I can say that my league has been running content to get stronger so that we are better prepared for Shock to the System.

I have not seen any gameplay from those who are on the test server and might have uploaded it to YouTube. If there are any videos I think I would be interested in taking a peek but I don’t want to spoil the surprise of playing it the first time myself! Lol

I would think the league Frozen Empire would be one of the first to finish it both in Reg version and then in Elite version. They are a serious no nonsense league and before the Census stopped functioning they were one of the top 10 leagues.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

In my experience, since there is no global metrics, we would never know the worlds first anything. Just first to showcase it. 9x out of ten, if it was a difficult raid, the first to clear either did it because a bug didn't work right, there was an exploitable mechanic, or they downright cheated the system. We saw this with Prime, OC, the original SMs, and the introduction of Elite raids. If anything, if the devs did like they used to with the original SM and announced first to do something, it would probably showcase the illegitimate clears. (Which is why they stopped during the original SMs. #sobatmansentyouin #goodtimes)
    • Like x 1
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

well I think with replay badges existing and the ability to pay to CR Advance makes this un-realistic

Also artifacts and allies can be paid to advance

Too many paid features to advance a character to make this really feasible
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Do you want me to give you a Replay Badge? :p
    • Like x 1
  18. SonGoku Level 30

Well at any given time there’s usually only like 10-50 people watching dcuo content on twitch so I guess just go to the channel with the highest view count
  19. myandria Item Storage

I agree with you about "spoiling any surprises"; normally if I test new content it's the open world missions, rewards, base items, ect. I save the raids for when the content launches; they can be hard to prepare for, especially if the devs change something before launch. How many players were prepared for the "platforming" 8-man raid in Justice League Dark? Not many, even with test server access.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No point in this since it will be cleared by cheaters in the first week.
    • Like x 1