Compensation for Constant DDOS & Login Issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 14, 2022.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

So what are we going to get in return for all these ddos attacks and login issues that seem to be a daily occurrence not being able to login we lose days on marks not being able to login we lose game play period not everyone can spend a full day or extra hours on the game but we sure do seem to be spending a lot of time not being about to login to the point the window of time some of us has does run out.

How are we supposed to finish artifacts if we can't run content to gain items to salvage, how are we supposed to get omni neck ,face and what ever else completed if we can't login or the game is logging so bad you cast a power and you think your internet is losing connecting but to find out oh it's the game again so now were all going to be kicked from this raid we just started that now we have to Q again and redo losing time that could of been used on something else like using another character , running other missions.

It's really time for some real compensation like a full reset other than the one we receive on Thursday, or 2x or 3X marks Plus bonus Salvaging , extra login bonus something this is really getting old and were paying customers not getting what we are paying for. DO BETTER . maybe if you actually DO BETTER who ever it is they might actually stop hitting the servers of course we can only hope.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are not able to login for the full 24 hour cycles than the issue is probably on your end. I haven’t had any issues getting on and doing my dailies. It seems all the ddos attacks are happening in the evening. While I understand those who only have a certain amount of time to play you can always login at a random time to record your daily login then get off. And it’s not like dcuo is at fault for salty players being obnoxious.

What happens if they give out rewards? More people learn that they can get free stuff for doing these attacks and they start happening more often.
    • Like x 7
  3. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Oh I am 100% sure it's not my internet causing me to not login if fact the time my login issues occur there is another forum post about it and mepps or a dev answers in the post confirming that is on there end not ours so no matter what time anyone attempts to login unless posted in the game that they are the one's causing the outage they must provide login access to something WE pay for even if it's a ddos attack they are to do what ever they are able to do to stop it and it's don't matter if it's a full 24hrs or a 4hrs everyone logins at different hours and is affected differently see some of us actually work.
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Yeah its not going to happen. DI has no control over DDOS attacks, even with the recent hardware upgrades.
    Even if DI has the latest most expensive server hardware. It can be easily overwhelmed by the attacker with hijacked computer systems.
    • Like x 4
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Sympathetic as I am, I've had 3 gaming sessions cut short due to DDOS attacks in the past 10 days or so, this is dictionary definition of blaming the victim. Can you imagine going to store that's just been robbed, and demanding a discount because you couldn't get in that afternoon?

Direct your venom towards those people who think DDOS attacks are fun, they're the real bad guys here.
    • Like x 6
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They don't have control over DDOS attacks but they should have control over mitigation and prevention measures. Games far more popular than DCUO are attacked multiple times daily and don't just go down for hours.
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The store is not charging you for getting in there, but we pay a DCUO membership and expect the game to be functional, which is the bare minimum.

Directing venom towards the attackers don't help with anything because 1) They are anon 2) It's up to the provider to enforce security measures, since the attacks will happen anyway.
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This whole thing ticks me off as well. But I don't see how it's helpful to hold DI financially responsible for the actions of others.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

We aren't entitled to any compensation. Daybreak is just as much a victim as we are. This is not like when the CEO was messing with the Lizard Squad years ago and we were not able to play for 3 days straight, where they compensated us 3 free days of legendary access. (Which subsequently caused me to lose 3 days of legendary access.)

If they gave us something, it would be an extension of things like the seasonal, but they already halved the costs of the items for this year.
    • Like x 2
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea after i spend over 200 seasonal marks BOOOOO!
    but yes they owe us nothing unless were talking substantial down time which isn't happening and they are normally pretty good about extending something that was cut short due to these time of events
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've also noticed that they're pretty good about compensation when the problem is at their end, a reset that takes too long, or a game update that goes pear shaped.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, it happened to me too. I was like, I'll get this done right away... Then 2 days later, halved. lol That will teach me, I usually farm the entire time then buy at the end, that will teach me to deviate from my normal behavior. lol
    • Like x 2
  13. Masm Active Player

Don't worry this is all part of the members monthly log in reward...You wanted the Batman inspired Mask...Now go through what we had to go through to get it...A month of not being able to play....ENJOY
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

quite frankly the new batman cowl they just added to the game looks way better than the batman inspired cowl so even though i think its cool they released it again i probably will never use it
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

People who want to demand compensations for the attacks are the same kind of people who would walk into a broken store, see the clerk with a bullet hole in their chest and would say "ew, what a dirty place, I will expose this on the internet as a bad commerce".

"Oh BuT oThEr CoMpAnIeS gEt AtTaCkEd ToO".

We don't know if this is true, the size of the attack and the duration of it, so this is just speculative BS.

If their servers crashed because of their own malfunction, THEN we would be able to talk about compensation, but that is not the case. Besides, a compensation is more to give back something the player LOST. And don't say stupid things like "I lost the rewards of this mission I could have done", because "not winning" and losing are two separate things.

Please try using your brain, emotional teenagers. it won't hurt, at least not until you think deeply.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A: Directing venom aka The Blame Game doesn’t help anything regardless of whether or not the blame is correctly assigned. The only exception being if the culpable party is truly ignorant to the role they’ve played which isn’t the case here.

B: Just because the actual culpable party is unknown doesn’t make it right or accurate to blame other involved parties simply because they can actually be identified. Scapegoating is the worst form of the blame game.

C: Cyber security measures have always and will always be behind and at a disadvantage against the menacing element of the hacking community. DDoS attacks are litterally bottom of the barrel hacking yet can be extremely effective against even solid cyber security systems and protocols. But even if D.I. was able to prevent 99%+ of their effects, it’s entirely possible they would resort to more sophisticated measures. It’s not unlike auto security systems where even the top of the line special order systems will only prevent joyiders, novices or possibly deter professional car thieves looking for A car to choose another with less hassle. But any professional car thief who wants YOUR car isn’t getting stopped by any system on the market. In short, there’s practically no way D.I. Could guarantee that no disruption of service would/could occur. They can only mitigate as best they can.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ichab New Player

Agreed. Can't log in right now. Last night I got all the way to the end of a mission only to lose to the final boss because of extreme lag and then getting kicked out. Had many issues logging in before that. I don't mind doing the whole underground lair again, but I'm not going thru all that again just to get another boot at the final boss. I've played many MMOs and this is not how well run games are managed. If this becomes a daily occurance I'll stop my sub until it is fixed. I'm not going to continue paying for a game that I can't log in to.