Community Vote

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bagofboom, Apr 25, 2016.

1. bagofboom Committed Player

Ok, so I'm sorry if the title was misleading because this has nothing to do with an actual "vote" that affects the community, just couldn't think of anything better to call this thread.
    With the upcoming XBone launch I've decided (as others have I'm sure) to shelve my main and alts for the most part (& only temporarily) to start from scratch with a new toon, new power, new role and doing so as if I am picking up the game for the first time. No shortcuts, no feat unlocks with RB's...full on noob status so to speak.
    Anyway, I've made toons with many of the power sets in the game already so I want to choose one that I have zero knowledge or experience with. I'll list those below and I'd greatly appreciate any advice regarding them and why it'd be a good choice.
    Look, I'm nobody. Just an old(ish) man that loves DCUO and has been playing for a few years and wants to relive my early days of discovery with it again. There's really no reason for any of you to help me other than a gesture of good will and community support, but I'd really like input from as many of you as possible. Anyone wishing to join me in this endeavor would be very welcome.
    Power Set choices;
    Electric
    Rage
    Quantum
    Mental
    Hard Light
    I'm open for any role choice, or play style so feel free to advise any way you think will offer the best and most fun gaming experience. Whichever mentor you think is best as well. My only caveat is I want to stay on hero side ( I think) unless you can convince me otherwise.
    Thanks in advance!!

Long Live DCUO !!
    • Like x 1
  2. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I too will be playing on X-box to help the new players understand the game I love, even with OUR current issues . I'd say play both sides bro. I do & I love it. As for powers, Atomic/Rage tank, Mental/HL troll, and celestial/water healer. See ya on the Box.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dibrie Committed Player

I stopped reading i dont like to be clickbaited FUUUUUUU.. a TL;DR pweese xDD
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

5. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

For sake of variety I recommend Hardlight, as you can infinitely chain various ranged constructs one after another, or various melee constructs, or switch in between them, all while needing only 1 out of 6 slotted abilities (you'll still need to pick the others, just no need to slot them). You can still slot more abilities to pick which one to open from if you like.

If you want to stay hero that's fine, but here are some arguments to trying villain:
    - different quests (or similar quests from the other faction's point of view),
    - instead of police stations you get clubs with various music themes,
    - you don't have to hear oracle say the same toyman "joke" 3 times per day (instead you'll hear calculator say his line 3 times a day, jay!)
    - if you're really lucky you may catch a glimpse of Dappertron near the tech/meta broker.
    • Like x 1