Community Request to Update the R&D station!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think for too long the R&D station has been neglected to be updated and has become a lag infested station. Its nice that the on duty tab and the broker have gotten nice changes. However now I would like to see the R&D station updated.

First I would like to see the R&D station divided into more tabs. Currently there are 3 tabs. One for crafting all items and one for salvaging items, and 1 for recovering exobytes.

I would like for them to split the crafting section into 4 separate tabs that are divided into
    Exobytes
    Supplies & consumables( in descending tier order)
    Mods ( in descending tier order)
    Crafting gear( in descending episode order)

And then having the 2 tabs at the end be
    Salvaging
    Recovering Exobytes

To be 6 tabs in total. ( if weapon enhancement is coming you can make a tab for that as well)

This would give the player a smooth transition between items and not having to back out of the menu to make several items. If you wanted you can divide supplies and consumables into 2 tabs if you wanted to make it even easier.

Or you could even add a favorite tab that includes your most recent and most frequent crafted items thus allowing you to simply go to the favorite tab and create all your most desired items.

Point is the R&D station is a complete mess and it seems to only get worse as we add more craftable items, especially considering T8 is right around the corner.

Please post your concerns, ideas, and comments below on the current state of the R&D station.
    • Like x 32
  2. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Those are all good ideas. Personally I would also add the ability to keep all sub-tabs minimized by default (like the on duty tabs) that way you don't have to scroll through 100+ recipes to get to the one that you are actually looking for :)
    • Like x 6
  3. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

+1.

Seriously; I have to load it up, use the mouse to get to the bottom of the list of items (because my controller is not fast enough - I feel bad for PS folks), and then some times it still doesn't take me all the way to the bottom, but gets stuck somewhere half-way down. So I exit the menu, go back in, and try it again, so that I can make one item. Then repeat the process again for a second item.

I know it is a small thing to gripe about, but the list is basically too long for it to load properly on just the one tab. This change would be very, very, VERY helpful for those of us who do any crafting.

PLEASE make this happen, Devs. PLEASE. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Easier fix for this (PC), when it happens, click on the scrolling bar, move it up halfway and then "yank it" downwards, it will take you to the bottom recipes and fix the list display. Don't ask me how I foud that, I honestly don't remember :confused:
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

All great ideas. The R&D station should be the 2nd UI update on the priority list. The first priority should be our On Duty menu allowing us to enter any instance with whatever group size we want, e.g. entering Black Dawn and running it solo.
    • Like x 5
  6. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

I 100% agree with this!
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea on PS sometimes it gets stuck halfway down. And since we dont have the scrolling option. The only option we have is to back out of the menu and go back in hoping the same bug doesnt happen again.
    • Like x 1
  8. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Seconded and Thirdededed... or however the hell you're supposed to say it. <.<
    • Like x 2
  9. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

"Community" request.
    • Like x 1
  10. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

Its a long time problem, it makes the plan collection feat undesirable. I actually brought this up in developer discussion Introducing the R&D Gear System! thread and asked about the same problem. It wasn't even acknowledge until a second person repeated the same question.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ntroducing-the-r-d-gear-system.262584/page-21

Basically they're looking into it was the response and it'd be another update or so. Sooo after several updates later we still have nothing. I would say I'm disappointed, it should have been fixed then. Frankly adding those new armor plans to the R&D table at that time only aggravated the problem, or did they not know this?
    • Like x 3
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

how hard is it to change the line of code that keeps each list open to keeping it closed? If I remember right in visual basic it was 1 character (or 1 word depending on your coding style)

for Ps players I find that collapsing the lists is quicker than trying to scroll down to Equipment Mods VII.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is true. However many times the menu will freeze when trying to do this forcing you to close the menu and try again.

I always close the lists making my way down to the VII mods, but more than often the menu freezes up on me preventing me from going down further to reach the bottom of the list.
  13. krytine Loyal Player

I don't 5hing that meny tabs is necessary consumables supplies one the mods and exobytes one then recovery and salvage and you would still have room for your weapons but I would like to see an enverted list the highest tier first and sub tabs set to close as defualt
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I totally agree with this thread and what makes matters worse is not long ago they did update the on duty menus so its possible to at the very least FLIP the order and have the T7 items appear at the top instead of having to scroll down through a pile of "IRRELEVANT" content to find the missions you want to que up and run.

I really like your idea for a favorites tab. Let me click on certain recipes I use constantly and save them to a tab so I can get at them quick and easy..

Vit and Dom for my trollers

Resto and WHATEVER for the healers

Dom, Health, power for my tanks

and so on
  15. MuTeDx Committed Player

I would like to see premiums allowed to craft above T1, I have purchased and played at each tier sans mods because of this. I hate relying on other players so its synths or betas. Not asking for a cap increase but it would be nice to be able to craft my own mods since I'm given a million exos a day.
  16. same Johnny Dedicated Player

The game needs several updates to the UI (at the very least). R&D has been a mess for quite some time, no doubts, maybe since supplies/consumables came to be. Other example is the feat list. Episode feat list is growing by the month (literally), and it's getting to some ridiculous scrolling...

I know, there's a small team running the game and other priorities. But, honestly, from the player perspective this IS a priority.

Nice one, Derio.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

good idea. i would like to see it happen
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well mepps liked my post so perhaps he passed it on to the rest of the team
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Maybe it can be something someone can work on during their lunch breaks
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Nobody else has any suggestions to add to the R&D station?