Community, I need a serious answer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walvine Well-Known Player

It could be required each role has like 5 support power abilities each like taunt , reflect , power heal, primary health, group shield , health regent, armor weaken ,lesser damage debuffs etc , but sure they could be squished into powers level menu with out level change.
    I'm surprised no one caught on to the vehicle part haha.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just got off vacation:) but i e been watching this thread from afar...

I absolutely dis like artifacts, they are a major reason ive stuck to events
    • Like x 2
  3. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I like artifacts because it helped with powers that struggles in certain situations, but as others have stated daybreak got greedy and kept increasing the levels looking for profit. I was fine with 140-160 being the max but 200 is just way too much.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm just now getting 1 artifact to 160, that was in I think November, and that's as high as I'll take a artifact tbh. If content cant be beat with a 120 139 and a 160 artifact + 458sp then oh well
    • Like x 2
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Artifacts are just another form like Time Capsules to monetize the game out of the membership but i am not against who pay to reach the level 200. If you pay, thank you for supporting the game.
    • Like x 3
  6. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I personally don't think supporting the game is an issue, it's blindly supporting the acts of monetization that leaves a sour taste. Daybreak will continue to do things the way they are until the community says enough is enough. Like someone said earlier "you vote with your wallet" and that would force them to make better decisions. Until we actually get a voting poll to make decisions for the upcoming future, we are stuck voting with our wallets.

The hard part is that they have turned artifacts into such a meta wave that if you want to perform at your maximum...you need artifacts. That should not be. It almost forces players to go down that route if they want to stay on top.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kaminuse Active Player

Rank 200 was the pure example of which abusive artifacts became. They did something amazing during the transition, gave us time to prepare and whoever was smart got a 200 rank artifact right off the bat. But think about 140 to 160 you need to spend real money, to get to 200 the money spent doubles. Choices :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Crn Well-Known Player

Oh Ted, it would have been better if you didn’t say anything at all.
    • Like x 3
  9. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Lol, what if his name really was Ted though?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is Ted. Ted Stone.
    • Like x 1
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

RIP
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The devs honestly had it good when the max for artifacts was 160. But a few, including myself knew from similar games that they would increase the max yet again, despite what the community felt about it. I honestly thought a 4th artifact slot was coming soon as well, from the same knowledge, maybe just not yet until its "needed". Yes, I know Mepps recently posted that they have no intention of making a 4th slot, but plans and motivations change over time. The last 9 years of this game are proof of that. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They just very very recently said again there are no plans for a fourth slot.
    • Like x 1
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I am aware of that posting by Mepps. But like hes even said, nothing is written in stone. If they wanna boost artifact sales when things are low, that would be the perfect card up the sleeve. If you get my drift. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think the three slots is fine. Four would be overkill. If they were to add a fourth slot I suspect they would need to nerf the stats on all current artifacts. Not worth it.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Doesn't mean they wouldn't do it after people blow 100s on a 4th if they dont have a 4th sitting around
  17. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

How long will balance take? We’ve been going at this “balance” thing for the last 7 years. It’s time to start over because nothing seems to work. Wasting so much resources on “balance” and the nuisance of things we call time capsules. How much longer is it going to take to fix things such as PvP? When is the content going to stop being reused? So many issues going on and it seems like the only y’all are focused on are weak cash grabs. This game turned into DC Style Universe. There’s more styles being pushed out than the actual content? We’ve went over this balancing stuff time after time again. WM, AM, SPs matter now we’re at artifacts. When does the “balance” stop. I mean there’s powers that underachieving and get 0 love. Sorcery and Mental been a mess for how long? How is this a game where it’s based on super heroes and we’re stuck with a limited amount of powers? I understand making a whole new power would take time, but you’re going to tell us we can’t have no more powers the dc universe? I thought the PS3 was holding things back, now however it just seems like the development team doesn’t care.
    • Like x 3
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I've just been looking at these and identified what they are immediately.

While the base game does seem somewhat more balanced than it was, artifacts are the introduction of the pay to win buy-in element that competing F2P titles on the same platform(s) do have. Warframe, for example, allows you to straight up buy mods from it's user marketplace for platinum (it's in-game store currency). Here, we can now buy marks of various types for vendor suits, we have the overly expensive CR advance (twice the price of FFXIV's iteration), and now you have the artifacts, exo mods an associated crafting items with the 'success rate RNG' gamble element in place.

It does make it that much harder to spot issues with core balancing as now there are that many more variables that can be attributed to a player's stats that aren't readily available in the character preview screen of another player.

I actually don't mind if not for one glaring issue - it's makes playing and upkeeping alts significantly more difficult to do. Competing titles have resolved this two ways that DCUO isn't doing.

1 - A character may be able to play every 'role' or 'job' without needing alts, and change freely between them (outside of combat/safe zone/etc) (IE: FFXIV)

2 - In the absence of above, the alternate route used is to have these items as tradable at the account level, and then there's the player market option. (IE: Warframe)

Now the whole success rate gamble element? That's just pure BS. That is anti-consumer and DBG can certainly come up with more honest, pro-consumer options for generating revenue than that.
    • Like x 2
  19. Walvine Well-Known Player

I was actually Surprised artifact slots were not restricted to a "relic bandolier" to mirror the slot restrictions utility belt has for trinkets.
    Technically I already have 4 artifacts equipped (bottled city water).
    I just imagined an artifact version of utility belt allowing single reset of any equipted trinket cool down once per 3,2.3,2,1.3,1 minute ranks , They wouldn't do that for a future premium gift would they.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

I agree with you but anyway, who wants, pay.

The whole world is capitalist and capitalism preaches that the more money you spend, the greater your reward will be. And that is exactly what DCUO is doing.

Is this correct? Yes, but it is not democratic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.