Community, I need a serious answer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walvine Well-Known Player

Currently the end game artifacts are
    Eye of Gemini , Philosophers stone and strategists card , If any hot fixs or nurfs done to artifacts in the future these 3 cards will remain strong because they boost all primary stats by 12% in any role that boost can be done even before max ranking them , There really is no need to go beyond rank 80 break through on any other artifact unless it benefits specialIist loadout to your rotation role , Basically they shouldn't be your essiential priority effort because should enough players complain about OP effects that artifact perk is going to get nurfed but the primary stat % with them will never be changed.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You're ignoring the fact that they're putting things like dps checks in the game, where burn is checked and required in order to pass something, now tell me Trex what happens when you don't go the optimal meta on a burn check and your burn suffers?

Where do you think this pushes players who end up struggling or even worse possibly kicked because their non optimal use of artifacts and powers either is the cause or might be errantly seen as the cause of a failure...

It pushes them towards towards three things

1. Certain powers in the game or possibly precision

2. A very small and i mean very small set of artifacts

3. A very narrow and small loadout that is optimal.

This situation becomes more narrow the harder the content with elite obviously being the worst.

Not for a moment can you tell me they aren't making and designing content with artifacts in mind and accounting for the benefits of said artifacts within that content.

Is content entirely impossible without said artifacts, of course not, certainly not for exceptional players but are the masses being pushed towards certain artifacts to make things 'easier'? You better believe it, they without a doubt are.

Take the transformation card for example, brand new artifact in the game, that artifact is exceptionally overpowered to the point, I'm honestly surprised it's in game at all.

Again there's a reason that artifact is being leveled up by all the hardcore players without even waiting for a double weekend, the strategist card somewhat as well.

The meta for artifacts continues to move and the motivation for the devs to continue the power creep is obvious...

Selling Nth metal and seals, that goes without saying... they're making money and that point isn't lost on anyone not denying the reality of what's going on.

Do i blame the developers for wanting to make money, of course not, am i however going to call the elephant in the room an elephant, yes i am, because it is an outright elephant!!

If ive ever run in a group ive seen struggle, you only have to inspect things like artifacts to start seeing where part of the problem is because the gap between sub optimal builds and the optimal builds when it comes you making content easier is quite staggering.

Aside from obviously ignoring mechanics incorrect builds and loadouts has to be the biggest contributor to failure out there, the diversity you suggest exists doesn't exist nearly to the extent you wish to portray unless your goal is to almost purposefully struggle. :)
    • Like x 6
  3. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

When i said "power scaling" I mean't the abilities for certain artifacts are too powerful. That is why some people feel they broke the game and its the meta. We are to the point that people are legit getting kicked from groups just because they are using less than or Rank 80 artifacts you spoke of earlier. If you aren't 160 - 200 Rank, you were lucky to not have someone try to give you the boot. No way is this a good idea.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

9 Years later, you really think this unnecessary level extension is coming??? Cause if you do believe that i've got a bridge to sell you...real good price. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This isn't accurate. The game then offered Exceptional recovery kits that dropped in content and could be traded and sold. And offered lower level recovery kits to get back atleast some of the exobytes. Seals of preservation would be more inline with Exceptional. And TRK would be inline with seals of completion.

Yes in terms of actual functionality seals of preservation keeps all your catalysts and TRKs kept all your exos. In terms of what they mean to your mod or artifact the TRK would be more comparable to the seal of completion. Its guaranteeing you'll be able to make the mod again or level the artifact. The exceptionals had a chance to recover all of exos or most of them. The preservation doesn't guarantee a breakthrough but keeps your catalysts.

They should allow seals of preservation to drop in content like Exceptionals. But since they dont. Its not an accurate comparison.
    • Like x 4
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

All valid points except the notion of "dps checks". There isnt any enrage timers on the bosses that Ive seen or heard. The DPS comes from the mentality that 5 DPS are needed to beat content when in fact they arent. I rather encourage folks to play with different builds and enjoy themselves than having to empty their wallets to be the best because that too is the sad fact. To be a Competitive End Game player, you're opening your wallet and i certainly dont want to promote that. More power to the people that do and tahnks for supporting the game but thats downright terrible.

The biggest failure to me are players just not understanding mechanics. Stats of course are in hand with it but you can survive better by learning mechanics and not standing there expecting to live through things. Rank 80 is definitely sub optimal and the lowest and Artifact can be is Rank 120 except the Original 8. I dont even bother inspecting people, playing Elite Content is of course on a different level and has a different reasoning. Another issue Artifacts have is they are released without any concern of the content they come out with. Devs dont tell us what the minimum Rank an Artifact needs to be for content so we as a Community come up with the answer and we argue about it. I dont honestly think they do in fact take the Artifacts they release into account with Content. if they did we would actually require the Artifacts to be at a set rank to build them in order to complete content. You can complete all current based content with out them so Artifacts arent in that mind set. I have healed Regular Raids with Rank 80 Artifacts, again Elite would certainly be a different beast, and Im not even using optimal Artifacts. Im trying things out.

The question never is "did we beat the content?", its always "how fast did we beat the content?". Player kicking others because they dont have the "right" Artifacts is just as terrible as kicking those who dont have "enough" skill points. Its a Gap that is player created and player supported.

I'll always agree on the pay wall within Artifacts and even the power creep in some regard too but when it comes to changing a playstyle or even offering one, we'll just have to disagree. The Devs need to course correct the Artifacts in a heavy way but like everyone has said, it makes money.
    • Like x 1
  8. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hi everyone.

topic introduction: I don't want artifacts (says creator of the thread), only that it is properly reviewed and powers are repaired.

serious answers please.

Well before my answer a brief information;

A) Since before renovation, there were already problems with:

x.-Powers of any role.

x.- instances from level 0 to tier 6.

x.-PVP.

x.-Master of Weapons.

x.- Tree and Skill Points.

x.- Players who use hacks and Difference between level of players.

x.-Renewed Statistics; He said he would balance all these problems.

what happened?

Those who have been in the Renewed Statistics test server will know that despite the attempts of the developers to achieve this, they could not.

the only thing that could be done was;

x.- Repair and polish instances. (PVE)

x.- Repair and Polish Powers (only DPS)

X.- A half polishing of the support role was left.

x.- It was said that after renewed, it would help to balance support role and if it was fulfilled.

how?

simple with increases and artifacts we have now.

To be continued...............
  9. Proxystar #Perception

DMe second boss, enrage timer, fourth time he goes to the centre on his timer is a group wide one shot 100% DPS check, in amongst other mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

How much? I could use a bridge to lala land xD
    • Like x 1
  11. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Well now my answer would be.
    I am sorry for those who do not like artifacts, but as a support role player (healer nature, wizard and water) I must say that it has been very useful in terms of gameplay, either alone or in a group.
    but why useful?
    for simple reasons, the healing powers are not supplied.
    it was necessary to have 4 to 5 healing powers and 1 damage (boring and frustrating both alone and in groups)

who says that the supports do not have to hurt.

To show me that it has been support (heal, trol and tank) for at least 6 months with 6 hours of play every day of the week. (to take your opinion into account this point)

Causes:
    x.- players with hacks.
    x.- players that take you a difference greater than 20 levels above you.
    x.- players who throw themselves against everything and expect support to pick up their disasters.
    x.- difficulty of instances increased by all the above.
    Back to the topic:
    It was said that it is enough only with increases and polished powers, that sp does not make any difference, sorry people but they need to play more to know that the following does make a difference:
    clothing and weapon equipment + increases + home base increases + sp + artifacts and optional (league base increase)
    All this will make a big difference in both T1 and T8 and as far as Dcuo.
    (regardless of player power and role)
    To be continued....
  12. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

If i recall the OP of this thread made another one stating that even though Quantum is fairly decent in PvE (DPS) they want certain powers to be reviewed and turned back to its old functions. Other than that there is still a lot that needs to be done that's for sure.
    • Like x 2
  13. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I think the main point was to have the powers functioning in a state where they don't have to depend on artifacts at all. That is what the OP has already addressed.
    • Like x 2
  14. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Finally, few people have noticed that there are 3 levels of difficulty, when you play in a group.

1.-Difficulty challenge of survival and rapid instance or mission.

Requirements;

that the other players overcome you with more than 20 levels of difference + use of hacks.

2.- Medium difficulty.

Requirements player who is only 20 levels higher than you (example; your cr 80, the other player cr 100) and without the use of hacks.

3.- Normal difficulty.

Requirements:

whether it is the same cr level or that does not exceed 10 levels difference between player, that no player exceeds the maximum instance and much less use of hacks.

And to clarify I use artifacts up to 80 and I have no interest in uploading them anymore.

I will only raise increases and only if I am in the mood, if I do not leave them at the level they are and I sell everything to a soda seller (I am not interested in selling nth to other players).

They don't like artifacts and other things that other players have with more game time.

simple solution;
    create a league of friendships, with implicit agreement not to use artifacts or anything else they don't like.

In this way they enter instances and missions with people in the same conditions.

But good that I can say, "welcome to the forum" to express; inconvenience, suggestions, cries for help, humor and much .......... more.

Good evening and good game to all.

15. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hello if after updates after renewed statistics some powers even in dps underwent changes that they did not like.

As soon as making the powers polished enough not to depend on artifacts, that problem was notorious since renewed that can not, because of a problem of supporting role powers.

I don't know if you may have noticed that after the first 3 artifacts, more polished artifacts began to emerge for support (heal, troll and tank).

after a certain disagreement of dps players, they started to get more polished or useful for dps.

In a nutshell, these artifacts allowed them and allowed them to correct the polishing of support powers, which they could not do in renewed ones, nor do they think they can do it in the future, as was done with dps powers.

the problem that was seen in renewed is something much more complicated, that if they had lost more time in support that is where the problem is, the polishing of dps and instances, would have been affected, to the point of being worse than before renewed and how it is perceived now.

perhaps the most that could be done would be how they say correct and polish more dps powers and eliminate dps artifacts.

Leaving and taking out more artifacts for support powers.

(as long as dps players do not say, it is not fair, because they eliminate only dps artifacts, if there is no one to play support, the supports or contribute anything to the group and everything should be dps).

Good game mate, until next time.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Now you are splitting hairs and missing the point.
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Its not splitting hairs. One system does not allow you to obtain seals in game with artifacts. A main component to leveling artifacts. And the other system allowed you to obtain recovery kits in game to recover mods. A main component in gear mods.

That is a huge point and another reason why people dislike artifacts. I spent money on TRKs because it was a choice and i had the option. I didn't feel cornered to buy them. With seals you have no choice. You have no option. Oh I'm sorry you can burn through source marks and waste hundreds of catalysts with 90 percent fail rates. Thats your option. Or spend money. This makes me not want to participate. When you force this on us.
    • Like x 3
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Forge Hawkman in Dark Multiverse Elite would like to have a word with you :D
    • Like x 3
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ah thanks for letting me know. Elite in of itself wouldnt follow my method of thinking for sure sure. Hell all Artifacts there would have to be min Rank 120 whereas Rank 80 you can get by through others in my eyes. Rank 120 is truly the soft cap to meet but even then, I wouldnt dismiss a person's Artifact choice if they knew what they were doing. But thats me as a player and also someone who doesnt bother with Elite. Other players make up their own rules which is why its more a Community decision on their gating than the Devs making it so.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, like I said the further up the difficulty spectrum you go the less flexibility there is in terms of artifact combinations and loadouts because the game is effectively requiring you to do so.

You can get away with a lot in normal content, especially if you're a very good player, but you can less so in elite content.

The thing as well is that the cost of leveling artifacts are very cost and resource prohibitive so when there is a particular meta that is being pushed/required then you're not exactly leveling up a bunch of other artifacts to play around with "varying playstyles" just to muck around in regular content, all your focus is going on artifacts that "really matter". You're also generally saving Nth Metal to create a "progress safety net" in case the meta moves in the next DLC.

This isn't a gate created by the community, it's a gate created by the developers, they're designing the content with those artifacts in mind because they're considering the potency of that artifact when determing how quickly a boss should be burned and ultimately what impact that artifact will have on the game overall.

SGe was another example of a DPS check raid, because you had Tala with her healing back mechanic, sure you could lunge it, but there was still always an element of healing back which required solid good burn, then you had Faust who had a shield that had to be destroyed or it would explode and one shot people.

There's also just the "general good burn" required in content because the longer you're at a fight the greater there is a risk of failure just through general mistakes, you naturally always want a boss to be dead as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

This approach is the same in the likes of Survival Mode, why would you take a sub optimal damage dealer in there when you'd rather have one whose using the most optimal artifacts possible, is that really the community making a gate? Or is that the content making demands of the players and the players recognising those demands?

There are numerous artifacts in the game that are by all intents and purposes redundant because they're simply so far from optimal leveling them would be an egregious waste of your resources and time, that means the playstyle that artifact provides isn't really realistic; unless of course you're content only ever running regular content

I don't want to go on as I think you now knowing there are DPS checks has probably enlightened you a bit in any case.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.