Community, I need a serious answer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

HoTs suck vs healers that have mostly or better/bigger HoTs burst, trolling in general, kiting as a tank, weapons, all dps'.

I should be able to equipped any 3 dps artifacts and it be good to go, but that's not the case nowadays if it's not certain ones your 10mil+ behind, sure scoreboard #s never bothered me but it shows how optimal your build is vs another person's.

So theres always been and always will be a FoTM build for all roles, revamp was merely a AM 2.0. Except we had to buy it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

As a controller I have to disagree, I can't feel effective at all without at least having the Amulet of Rao maxed. :confused:

And also the reason we as the players can't look at artifacts as a way to provide "many different playstyles" is because of the grind it takes for each single artifact. Most of us can't afford to try many different artifacts. If we grind out the wrong ones we end up quite behind in terms of usefulness for our group.
    So it ends up being the opposite, it limits our playstyles because we have to be sure we only use the "best" ones.
    • Like x 8
  3. Clothez Active Player

This statement honestly makes me just laugh. It makes me question whether or not you even play this game. Artifacts are a HUGE portion of your overall power. They are so overpowered and it's to the point of where it doesnt matter the stats you have, as long as your artifacts are strong. Prime example, a dps that is Cr 280 with max artifacts, will completely demolish a dps at 290 with low or bad artifact choices. Doesnt matter the gear either because even the stats that the artifacts give you are HUGE. To say that artifacts are a small portion of your overall power is just obsurd, and to even go further and say it let's players choose what playstyle they want, as if everyone doesnt use the same 3 artifacts for each role. Ridiculous. Sorry for the rant, but it needed to be said.
    • Like x 7
  4. kayden New Player

"...and contribute a relatively small portion of your overall power..."

Artifacts are much the new meta. For end game content, this is not true.
    • Like x 2
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Mepps is trolling us with that artifact comment. Company line.

If serious, then do a survey or poll, let the community give response.
    • Like x 9
  6. Brit Loyal Player

This is the exact purpose I have found in them. As a Nature Healer, I found myself struggling to keep up around Titans/Atlantis, when Heal Over Time healing just lacked the oomph to keep up and damage had become increasingly bursty. The introduction of the Orb of Arion made Nature Healing feel viable again by giving it that big 300% priority heal to make up for some much needed burst. I love Artifacts and the flexibility that they bring to the table.

I would like to be able to experiment with more combinations of Artifacts to see how well they work in concert with each other. If there was one minor change I would like to see, would it be possible for Artifacts to be migrated to the Augments page so that they could be selectable from the menu, rather than requiring physical inventory space? Adaptive Augments do this very successfully, including allowing players to feed one to another, but as the number of Artifacts continues to steadily grow, it becomes increasingly intrusive to have to hold onto the large number of them that are not actively being used, and leveling these other options to the 120ish range for testing purposes is only viable if we aren't constantly being pushed to destroy them to make space.

Alternatively, if Artifacts were made to remain account-bound, even after being equipped (the way the Batman orbital strike does), that would also solve the problem, allowing players to shuffle them around between characters for housing and testing purposes, and to have the option to pass artifacts down to alts rather than flatly retire them when replaced.
    • Like x 3
  7. TANK69 Well-Known Player

A perfect marketing bs, ladies and gentlemen. Looks like you don't even play or know the game that you have to manage. But who am I to judge...
    • Like x 3
  8. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Wait, wait, wait for a second. Did you just admit that nature healing was a struggle for you, yet you also love artifacts because it was a nice band-aid for it? Lol. Why not want the devs to fix nature so it doesn't have to rely on those artifacts? Just saying. After all, our powers should be working properly. If not, then it needs to be fixed so our powers won't have to rely on any artifacts. That was supposed to be the true reason for the revamp in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  9. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

This I can stand behind.
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

PvP: Am I a joke to you?

(Not directed at you Mepps, my humor comes off as very cynical online)
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Mepps,

while I understand that adding artifacts as a whole is intended to over different play style possibilities in the game and all that, lets not beat around the bush here. Their progression system in the game is terrible and literally locked behind a paywall (seals). You also state a "small portion to your overall power". I'm honestly not sure if you are aware of just how powerful some artifacts are for certain roles. Take Tanks for example. There is literally nothing in the entire game that I can acquire that will grant me the ability to get hit by an attack that should kill me but then gets absorbed and spread out of the course of 5 seconds other than 200 Manacles. There is also nothing in the game that can grant me roughly a 35,000+ health buff other than the 200 Dilustel Refractor. To say that these artifacts grant a "small portion of our overall power" is misleading. Artifacts at this point matter more than skill points...the things we have worked on for 9 years now. They are circumvented by items put in the game less than 2 years ago and can be bought in one go if someone is foolish enough to spend the money. Do they contribute "a large portion of our characters overall power"? No, I won't go as far to say that they do but it definitely is not a "small portion".
    • Like x 6
  12. August Moon Well-Known Player

ive gotta pick your brain on this one. if that was the case then why do artifacts have stats per milestone equal to getting 10-20 sp per level . why not just have the added effect? controllers arent in a very good spot unless you have at least 2 artifacts around 120-160.

this transformation card meta is pushing quantum so far behind since timebomb will never crit and the damage it does is actullly lower than distortion wave on one add. youd have to substitute it with something else but theres not that man moves that hit everything that hard or harder Alcubierre Wave is the closest thing to a replacement but its mid range to close range and in elite thats a very ,very big problem .... i would say go precision but its horribly overshadowed by rage that can increase their crit chance and magnitude with infuriate or waters bubble damage bonus
    • Like x 5
  13. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I believe the devs at the time failed miserably to execute a proper revamp, the lack of balance was evident, i remember the player base complaining that they were being overpowered by silly adds in low tier content, everything became harder to beat as opposed to pre-revamp, then Daybreak or SOE at the time saw an opportunity to evolve the game into a micro transaction factory via artifacts, i was against a revamp from the very beginning, first they ruined my HL Clipping and it was down hill from there on, i didn't care much about Advanced Mechanics but to say the least i'm not a fan of artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

To a degree this is not necessarily true... if you decide to level the Omegahedron up to 200... but then that only impacts you and nobody else.
  15. Krytin Active Player

I have to say it's good that some of the arts are the way they are. It is allowing me to use a more original al playstyle close to what it was when the game launch. I do believe the devs need to adjust either the quantity of nth metal or lower the xp needed to level up so
    2. Chsnge the percentages of the breakthroughs.
    3. If you fail you shouldn't loose all of your material maybe half
    4.actually lower cost of material. To 5/7/10
    • Like x 2
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Dont you think its time we get new abilities, like higher tier abilities for each existing powerset?
    Its very boring to have the same abilities at lvl 30 and CR280.
    You guys said the revamp was going to be the foundation for the future... that future never came.
    Oh, and iconics, for the shake of Hera, expand them too. With no new powersets added, we need to get new abilities and iconics.
    You know its time we get new toys to play with, Mepps.
    • Like x 4
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

After the 15th century, the English took the 'h' off. It is just 'able', 'ability' or 'abilities'.
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

lol Thank you (I edited the mess)
    I'm spanish and in Spain we say "habilidades", so I guess it got tricky on mi mind. My bad.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your English is better than most Americans I know. :) Cheers for being bilingual!
    • Like x 1
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If that's the case, then why do artifacts have such crappy RNG? To have "optional playstyles" is to be able to use any artifact and have the same stat boost at any time, but that's not the case unless you get a seal of completion. Otherwise the artifacts you want to upgrade always end up being a DUD.

If they are meant to offer support for different playstyles, they should've been fixed with just upgrading them through XP like Augments are currently. No catalyst, no RNG failures, etc.

It just seems completely counter-intuitive to claim they provide for different playstyles, yet the RNG makes it less than viable to upgrade and boost artifacts as people would like.
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.