Community, I need a serious answer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

if you play with Ice, Sorcery, mental, maybe fire, those are weaker powers. With artifacts, they are still weaker powers. When people are using iconic powers with say power, there is a problem already.

Then there is might vs precision, precision out performs might. When you see a player in troller role, with a few cr below your's and using doomspin and does twice the damage you do, you realize how unbalance it is. Not to mention people that used the venom artifact got it leveled for free. Wish a might artifact got a free level up.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The issue between might and precision dps isn't really about performance or potential output, there are certainly some issues with it but the biggest issue between precision and might is mobility and subsequent damage loss.

Precision players can move around while retaining all or most of their damage output making evasion of mechanics easier while maintaining burn.

Might based players are often rooted in place with things like heat vision or channeled attacks, most of which can be jump cancelled if necessary but immediately suffer damage loss not shared by precision counterparts.

The biggest disadvantage might based players have isn't really output it's damage loss suffered through a lack of mobility, this occurs more in range single target where the likes of heat vision are used as opposed to melee AOE.

Some might based powers of course don't suffer as much from this, looking at you nature for example ;)

There's a reason Harambe is popular :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Much of the time, the difference between Precision and Might is actually just a difference between Single Target and AOE. Precision has a strong single-target damage output. There are a few powersets that also kick out strong, viable single target DPS through Might. The single target builds, whether Might or Precision, are going to top the charts in certain content where Single Target fights constitute large amounts of the raid. Shattered Gotham, for example, was largely single target with few adds, and even when there were adds, the maps were large and open and the bosses had abilities that targeted outside of taunt and moved them with charges or teleports, causing the fight to constantly move around and making AOE suffer.

In contrast, Atlantis with it's narrow hallways and billions of adds was an AOE dream. Single Target damage builds, whether Might or Precision, did not hold up in Crown of Thorns, and only did marginally better during Throne because the Sea Beast fight allowed them to pull ahead before the Coram Rath fight lagged them back behind again.

To be a strong single target, being mobile is essential. If you lose large amounts of DPS while chasing down your target, there will be poor results. Ultimately, I am firmly in the camp that believes anyone wanting to be a top tier DPS needs both an AOE and a single target viable build, so that they can be flexible and adjust to the situation on the fly. And Precision DPS exists basically for the purpose of providing a single-target option for powersets that otherwise didn't really have one.

It's like trying to argue which tool is more useful: a hammer or an axe. If you're roofing your house, you want the hammer, but if you're splitting firewood, you want the axe. Can I hammer in nails with the back side of a hatchet, or use a hammer to wedge and split a piece of wood? Sure, but using the wrong tool for the job will make it slower and harder. Doesn't mean the tool is bad; it's just a question of when is the proper time to employ it.
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Here I was thinking that artifacts were suppose to be an alternative to stat points, then here we are saying they now broke the game.

I hope the dev's do see this thread and take note.

You can lead a horse to water but it...awe forget it.

Some complaints should be addressed while others should be left alone.

Should have just made SP more relevant, instead of just trying to circumvent your system in order to give us an alternative to SP.

Now look at what we are saying now.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Artifacts are for providing many different optional playstyles, and contribute a relatively small portion of your overall power. They're not for anything else, regardless of what water you attempt to force on top of them.

Anything added to the game may be used more effectively in the wild, which is why adjustments happen. Balance is a goal and a moving target with a live-service, constantly-updated game.
    • Like x 6
  6. Legasei Well-Known Player

Sooner or later, someone is gonna come here to defend p2w with the ‘patience to win’ argument. Speaking from years of customer service, when a customer has to be patient, it’s usually because of something inadequate with the service.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I would completely agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the only role that isn't optional is controller. All other roles are on top of their role but controllers have to work to gain what should have been part of it in the first place.

But I digress as this falls of deaf ears.
    • Like x 10
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Wait I thought that was what the revamp was supposed to do, allow different play styles, builds, and all that jazz? Love how that turned out.
    • Like x 8
  9. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Sorry Mepps, I will have to disagree with you this once. We are in a bad spot and artifacts are digging the hole deeper. Also, like the OP of the thread said, instead of actually fixing the powers you are using artifacts to aid them. At the end of the day they are not needed if our powers are reviewed correctly.
    • Like x 6
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's a 3rd or 4th+ way to reach in peoples pockets. Simple as that. They're essentially selling us our old stats back to us in form of augments and artifacts and people are gobbling it up like some new way to obtain stats we never seen before.
    • Like x 5
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

remember what i used to be like before the revamp.

i would like that back please.
    • Like x 5
  12. Krytin Active Player

Ok I think you might be off just slightly but not mostly. I think the artifacts were originally designed becuase of the player base wanted some kind of mod that you didn't have to change out every dlc. I do remember how each time a new dlc came and you leveled your gear you lost your mods for a short time. Now don't get me wrong the devs or daybreak went to far for a grind on the arts. But the original concept was not changing gear out and mods. But as you say management with daybreak which is Russian owned wanted higher profits and revenue so they turned it into this monstrosity 5hat we now have
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

That is true, they do allow for varying playstyles, unfortunately however not all those playstyles are equal in fact that is why there is an optimal meta, the end game players certainly don't see it as an opportunity to embrace varying playstyles they simply flock towards the most overpowered combination at any given moment, that's forever moving as you develop new artifacts.

So despite the fact i think the developers have the best intention Mepps, the players don't look at it that way and the different playstyles are so imbalanced, numerous artifacts are left absolutely redundant.

Like i said the gap between those using the optimal meta or playstyle is far more significant than it should be.
    • Like x 10
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

If anything all the special effects artifacts do can just be made into special trinkets that's obtainable through marks.
    • Like x 2
  15. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I just stated that instead of artifacts we should just have trinkets that when popped, give you certain additional abilities. Something that could be bought from certain vendors with marks.
    • Like x 1
  16. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Well, it certainly is when you're the ones constantly moving the target from balance to imbalance with your updates.

But just to reiterate...I don't blame you or any other green name that posts on these forums for keeping your jobs and enacting policy.
    I blame the guy that dictates policy.
    • Like x 2
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Or you know make the bottom 4 augments actually give perks besides what they give now which is bare bone stats.

This is what I would suggest in place of artifacts, bottom 4 at max for healing or trolling? Get a additional 3% power/healing out, for tanks 3% additional damage absorption, DPS 3% might/prec depending on what you are prec or might.

So like right now 257 is max for the 4 bottoms, me as heal would have a additional 3% healing out or crits for having all 4 maxed plus 2% for having top 2 at 20

Top 2 can be crit chance while bottom 4 can be crit mag. Either way would like to see some special effects on the bottom 4 eventually.
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

Spot on!

Content being made is geared towards one playstyle, goes against what were told with stats revamp. Lot of powers still unbalanced to this day.
    • Like x 4
  19. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

that could work too but no special abilities lol.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Just something like the top 2 augs currently have with 1%/2% at certain levels would be nice imo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.