Common sense.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ilunis, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Some of you lack it, apparently.

Doctor Nova and I have tried keeping those fun Picture threads around, not just for ourselves, but because it appeared that the community was starting to get in on the gag and have some fun.

This was my reaction: [IMG]

Unfortunately, some of you took it upon yourselves to either post political rantings [IMG]

Items with language that is usually bleeped out when we type it: [IMG]

or pictures of "toys": [IMG]

Do you not possess any common sense? This was supposed to be silly. Not offensive, not politically motivated, not a place to put up your "message" for whatever tragedy has occurred. I love doing these threads, and so, apparently, does the good Doctor, but think before you post, people. The last one got locked because of this kind of stupidity. If you can't play within the obvious forum rules, kick rocks.
    • Like x 1
  2. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

It's the internet. Were you really not expecting this?
    • Like x 1
  3. ItsRem Well-Known Player

4. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Hmm...on a forum where the limits are pretty damn obvious? Yes. Unfortunately, that is asking for too much from people. So, yeah, I guess I just posted this thread to make myself feel better. I don't know. It got exactly the reaction I expected, so there's that, at least.
    • Like x 2
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Don't get me wrong. I'm sad about it too. But you know how people are.
    • Like x 1
  6. ItsRem Well-Known Player

If anything, you should realize that instead of people randomly hitting thumbs-down on everything, they now try harder to get threads locked. #Somewhatserious2cents
    • Like x 1
  7. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Eh, more like #Somewhatlogical2cents.

Yeah, I know. And they apparently got Mepps involved in the last one. Kinda stings a bit.
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

And, in my experience, common sense is a very uncommon thing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

Yeah and it doesn't help when someone posts an offensive pic and 3-4 people quotes it. Doesn't matter if you are quoting the guy to take down the pic, you are just adding to the problem. You can reply to whomever and not repost the offensive pic.
  10. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I was wondering when you would show up. Yes, you're correct on that. It didn't help. What also doesn't help are people posting it in the first damn place. I would say more to discuss the overall problem, but you usually turn things into mud-slinging contests, so, eh, effort wasted.
  11. ZeroAccess New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Meta Flare New Player

13. BlueVariable Committed Player

Common sense is not nearly as common as people think. I'd call it more like infrequent sense or wisdom of the few.
    • Like x 2