Coming Soon: Game Update 100

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Apr 30, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Between GU94 (launching tomorrow) and GU95 (the new tutorial up on Test now), it seems that the powers-that-be are currently focused on tightening up the look and feel of the early game. I think that's a sign of optimism - that we are still attracting new players after eight and a half years, and that the devs are trying to make the first few hours of the game as inviting as possible as we move into the future. (Switch launch incoming? :p )

That's great and all, but it would also be nice if the devs were working on something that would re-energize the long-lived part of the player-base, those of us who have been here from the beginning.

What could Game Update 100 bring that would relight the spark for you?

For me, it's Walk-In Teleporters for all content (preferably in the form of Mother Boxes/Boom Tubes).
    • Like x 5
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Player incentive and rewards that don't require spending money.Daybreak has made a lot of money since the inception of TC's but I don't feel like it's some of it has been reinvested into the game where it makes a difference to gameplay.
    • Like x 5
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Fixes for all long-standing bugs. Oops... did I say that out loud?
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

a legitimate extended tutorial solo that will actually teach the basics of raids/alerts and roles therein. doesn't need to be anything big, just a room sort of like the simulator duo where players can learn their roles through simulated situations like shielding and healing some dummies for healers in one section, crowd controlling and pot with another set of practice dummies, and tanking with another set. just to get the hang of roles and practice in a trial and error favoring environment.
    • Like x 4
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Would like this 1,000 times is I could! The reward should be an armory that will only imprint a non-DPS role. (Yes, yes, I know it will never happen because that’s a revenue stream and it will somehow be abused, but I dare to dream! :D)
    • Like x 1
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I'd like a visual power update. When they introduced those Powerset materials, it made our current power graphic look stale! Even the recent power like Water could use it. Oh and new powers would be fun... I miss the good old days where a DLC would contain not only content but cool features like powers.

Sidekick Customization, increased base and league hall items limit, continuous updates to skins and hairs, less time capsules...
    • Like x 7
  7. Raven Roth Committed Player

Power visual updates and new powers added to already existing ones
    • Like x 6
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I'm a man of simple wishes. I'm not asking for anything that involves any significant amount of effort on their part.

Update Vendor 00 and Vendor 22. Let us buy all those styles from the content that nobody wants to run anyways. Give us a use for those Source Marks more than just buying Catalyst Caches.

Update the Lair System so that the 'Permission to Move Base Item' option works exactly like the League Hall decorator, allowing us to actually have people decorate.

Loose the restrictions on factions so that Heroes and Villains can actually talk to each other and group-build without having to depend on the random queue.
    • Like x 4
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

game update 100 we gotta get something new
    • Like x 1
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

At least get a texture update for the pc version..its Looooong overdue:rolleyes:
  11. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

this is a dream but it is something that would have me throwing all my money at them, anybody who played DCUO prior to GU 36 knows how fun the game was. especially HL, it was a lil tricky but not as bad as some people may hav thought, i never had more fun in any game than when i was playing HL pre gu 36. i never cared about the damage it was just extremely fun, an for me ever since gu 36 HL has just been extremely boring, 1 of the reasons i left for so long was because of gu 36, took away all the fun. But like I said I know 100% we will never get it back sadly.
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The next phase of STYLE UNLOCKING!:)
    • Like x 2
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

GU100 - Special styles and other assorted awesome goodies added to all dlc vendors.

Source marks added to all content.

PvP gear has been removed from PvP vendors. All PvP gear will be added to the new Skeets Quark vendor. (Along with a few new styles, trinkets etc.)

The ability to throw handfuls of Salt (like popcorn, cover bombs, zzzzzzzap candies etc) at your fellow players. If your standing in close proximity you show off the new emote of shaking salt on your fellow players head. (blow a handful of salt (like blow a kiss) emote added to the marketplace for 1000 sc or 1000 quarks.

100 Source marks log in bonus per account.

- Probably. *shrugs*
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Two more +25,000 Token of Merit feats added. *mic drop*
    • Like x 1
  15. August Moon Well-Known Player

add a sandbox mode for the people who want to test how well their character can preform support role wise and im not talking about test server either.

i want to know how well my tank can sustain himself , how well a health/dom build works over a health and resto build , if a certain playstyle works better than another etc.

i want to know the magnitude of my power heals on 7 people with a certain artifact , how much my regular shield can withstand vs my super charge, and if going a little bit in dom will help me or hurt me .

i want to know the magnitude of each healing move , the limit of its range for example eletroburst is mid range but glavanize is long range

yes open world is a thing but how accurate is open world in terms of your sats when you're stats are boosted beyond allocated gear calculations. i can go into the open world and practically keep a team up no problem on a boss fight but when i step into the new content i lack hard , get kicked , get blackballed on trade chat or get posted on youtube....that type of gambling for a chance at testing a new move just isnt it chief .....it just aint it

id say lets have a power tester function before we make our characters using icons but not even league of legends has that function
  16. inferno Loyal Player

My wishes for a historic, game-changing Game Update 100 are:
    1) Revitalize and do proper fixes for PVP, that doesn't damage the PVE side.
    2) Do more with PVE legends or make them stronger.
    3) Make ALL content rewarding and interesting for end-game players or all players by creating an enticing reward system. Maybe have a substantial Nth metal for the each raid boss (1000xp), (500 xp) each alert boss and (300xp) for each duo boss. With 6 artifacts per toon (dps and support), each one at 700k Nth metal, this can't hurt their income that much.
    4) Personal teleporters to all instances.
    5) Revitalize the market with more DC-related styles and items.
    6) Customizable sidekicks with different styles and combat upgrades.

..and before someone says I'm asking a lot for an Update, I did say Historic and game-changing.
    • Like x 1
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This is my longstanding #1 request.

For #2 a visual update would be awesome. They have definitely been doing that for the NPCs and new styles we get. Revamping our character customization and powerset visuals is doable. So many other games are using UE3 with better character designs than DCUO.
  18. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

I'm a man that doesn't ask for too much so with that being said... Test server for consoles. #dropsmic #thisainttwitter
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

GU100: getting rid of ps4
    • Like x 1