"Comic" Awareness, the 4th Wall and Antagonists in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChowlinShicken, May 9, 2020.

1. ChowlinShicken Active Player

Greetings everyone! Let me preface this by saying I just started binge-watching Doom Patrol S.1 and I LOVE MR. NOBODY, especially his narration. I tried to remember if we had encountered anyone like that in DCUO... but I'm drawing blanks.

I was just wondering... have we ever had a villain in any episode that actively broke the 4th wall and knew they were in a videogame? If not, would you like to have one?

I'd love to battle a villain who instead of engaging in the typical "I'M UNSTOPPABLE!" and "I WILL CRUSH YOU!" type of banter would speak directly to the players like:

(after failing boss mechanic) "Did anybody bother learn the mechanics of this fight? No? Of course not... why did I even ask..."

(after player falls) "Is anybody going to pick that player up? Or would that lower your DPS score too much?"

(in middle of final fight) "Is it just me or do the fights in this episode take too long? I wonder what the next episode is... OOOOH. CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.... just kidding. We don't have the budget for that."

(towards the end of the final fight) "I wonder how mad everyone would get if I just sent everyone back to character selection screen right now..."
    • Like x 3
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

This would be enjoyable for me at least lol.
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's not quite that level, but Ambush Bug certainly knows he's in a video game. There's also a guy you fight in one of the mentor missions that has a line like "You're as tough as they say on the forums!" or something like that.
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ambush Bug and the Morrow Bot trinket breaks the fourth wall.
    • Like x 3
  5. AquiloFury Committed Player

Ambush bug still gets me some times. The whole "you really are as tough as they say in The forums" comment...well I hear it in my head every time I see someone I recognize from here lol.
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I would LOVE for this to happen. Id run the alert every day until the next episode if something could cause me to lose focus because Im laughing too much. Im down.

+1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

ahhhhh Another member of the "I love the Doom Patrol" LOL Yeah I think that would be interesting, amazing and funny. I have the Ambush Bug as a house guest in my lair . Think I favorite line of his is "I have toilet in my lair"

But having a Boss Battle where the Boss taught you with... "is that the best you can do at damaging me ? Just how many SP do you have?" or "Awwww you down on one knee ? Look there's healing barrel over there. If only you'd used that before attacking HUH?" or how about "Is this the best team the que could find to attack me with? WOW there must be something awesome on TV.. Can we hurry this up so I can go check?"

I vote Y E S to this idea :D