Comcast Set to Move Ahead With Fox Bid Following AT&T/Time Warner Decision

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jun 12, 2018.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Now that a judge has approved the AT&T and Time Warner merger, Comcast is expected to finally place an all-cash offerto try and acquire 21st Century Fox.

As reported by Deadline, investors are expecting Comcast’s new bid for 21st Century Fox “any minute now.” Prior to the announcement of a deal between Disney and Fox, it was reported that one of the key reasons Fox rejected Comcast’s initial bid was because the company feared the deal would fall through due to antitrust concerns. The approval of AT&T and Time Warner’s merger works in Comcast’s favor, spurring it to finalize its all-cash offer, which is said to be in the “advanced stages.”

RELATED: AT&T-Time Warner Deal Approved By Federal Judge

While the Disney and Fox deal has been underway since December 2017, when it was officially announced by both parties, it’s far from complete. The deal still needs to go through a review process, and — should everything remain on track — the earliest the deal could be finalized is summer 2019.

Disney CEO Bob Iger has previously addressed the reports of Comcast’s plans to out-bid Disney, stating he was “confident” in the latter’s offer and the studio would remain optimistic about its ability to close a deal that shareholders were said to view favorably. Of course, that was prior to the court’s ruling on the AT&T and Time Warner merger today. According to investment banker Lloyd Grief, all hell is going to break loose now; he also went on to say, “Should be interesting, although I certainly wouldn’t count Disney out.”

Comcast is planning to offer a $60 billion all-cash offer, which would top Disney’s $52.4 billion all-stock offer for a majority of 21st Century Fox. The new bid from Comcast is expected to be made within the next 24 to 48 hours, potentially spelling trouble for the Mouse House. For now, all eyes are on Comcast as fans await the company’s next move.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/comcast-move-ahead-fox-bid/
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Is this an old article?
    Cant say much but it seems a bit behind. Plus they dont seem to know the difference between an all-cash offer vs an all-stock offer if they think the 7.6b monetary difference means much.
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Pretty much Comcast and Fox was waiting for the outcome AT&T and Time Warner merger today. The article was written today.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I know Comcast is just doing business but Comcast...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

They countered.

7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

8. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

With Net Neutrality fully out of the picture and the government allowing these types of mergers, companies will be able to charge what they want, throttle what content/customers they want and give any kind of excuses for doing so with little backlash.

I am already seeing a speed/content slowdown on my internet and all I get from Comcast is a sales pitch to purchase a higher tier of internet access. Yeah, thanks but no thanks; I don't subscribe to cable and I refuse to pay more than what I do already.

Typical...
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Yes, a lot of people have been talking about that but it's not what many think it is.

All that is, is FOX excepting that Disney has given them a new offer, not that it is a done deal. Kind of like turning in your homework, the teacher excepted it but it doesn't mean he/she graded it yet.

Remember FOX is a public company and as such, any and all offers must be put to a vote of the shareholders. It doesn't matter what the board or Murdoch himself wants, only the shareholder have the final say in it. Well, that is before the government gets involved, of course.

Plus there is still a chance that Comcast will submit another offer.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    There are reports that Comcast is moving on from attempting to purchase Fox which leaves the door wide open for Disney to complete the deal. Details say the company is instead focusing its attention on buying British pay-TV giant Sky Television. CNBC is reporting that Comcast is unlikely to increase its $65 billion bid, meaning Disney is free and clear to buy 21st Century Fox's assets for $71.3 billion.
  14. Helderman Dedicated Player

Prepare for kids friendly Aliens and Predators
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The deal is going through, shareholders have voted to approve it.

17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I am really excited, but there are going to be some issues with Dark Pheonix, New Mutants, etc., aren't there?
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Maybe.

Until everything is finalized, where FOX metaphorically hands Disney the keys to the store, FOX is free to release anything they want. So it's possible that the two movies could get released but more than likely FOX will do a good faith gesture by not releasing anything that could harm Disney's future plans.

It comes down to whether FOX wants to try and get as much extra money as possible by releasing the movies or playing nice with Disney.