Combat Rating calculation change since stats revamp. Bug or new CR formula?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RogerThat, Jul 29, 2017.

1. RogerThat New Player

I've noticed that the combat rating of both my DPS and Tank role has been lower since the stats revamp. I am always using a self-build combat rating calculator that helps me decide on what armor piece to buy next or to choose in a loot window. It was always very precise, so I knew exactly what to select to raise my CR to unlock the next content.

I have not found any information on the combat rating calculation being altered as part of the stats revamp. So I would like to know if this is a bug or if the formula indeed has been changed. In case it is the latter I would like to know the new formula so I can update my calculator. Who can provide me with some insight on this?

My current formula is based on:
    Source: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Rating
  2. McShotzz Well-Known Player

I havent had my cr lowered on either toons role but a leaguemate is pissed his tank dropped from 200 to 199. He spent 30 minutes looking for a lost piece of gear till i mentioned this was happening.
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The weights have been shifted a bit I think. You can test them out by yourself, just equip a high IL piece of gear (and nothing else) then check your equipped CR.
  4. RogerThat New Player

It's not that easy, we are talking about decimal numbers here which add up to the total. I know the developers once released the formula, would be nice if they do again.
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Alos, keep in mind your cr is irrelevant wrt to your effectiveness. Measure it as needed to mark your progress towards the next content level, but it has no association with your combat effectiveness anymore. It's just a number now.
  6. RogerThat New Player

I'm aware. But seeing the content still requires a certain combat rating to open up and armor takes some effort to collect, making the right choices is important when selecting the next piece of gear.
    • Like x 1
  7. RogerThat New Player

A calculation example using my current DPS gear:

Weapon = 171
    Chest = 168
    Legs = 170
    Head = 171
    Shoulders = 169
    Back = 171
    Hands = 175
    Waist = 172
    Feet = 169
    Face = 171
    Neck = 171
    Ring 1 = 169
    Ring 2 = 168
    Trinket (Utility Belt) = 175

((171 * 12) + (168 * 12) + (170 * 12) + (171 * 11) + (169 * 9) + (171 * 8) + (175 * 7) + (172 * 7) + (169 * 7) + (171 * 6) + (171 * 6) + (169 * 6) + (168 * 6) + (175 * 6)) / 100 = 196.14

However, both my DPS and overall CR in the game are still 195. :confused:
  8. IonHero Committed Player

New Numbers are around:
    Weapon 11.50%
    Head 12.65%
    Face 3.45%
    Neck 5.75%
    Shoulders 11.50%
    Back 9.20%
    Hands 6.90%
    Chest 13.80%
    Waist 8.05%
    Legs 13.80%
    Feet 6.90%
    Ring 4.60%
    Trinket 2.30%
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It might be better if we ignore CR rating and look at Might %. when considering Gear.
    Or perhaps a MPC ratio Might per Coin. Which piece of gear gives the best Value per coin spent.
  10. RogerThat New Player

@IonHero

Using those numbers in combination with my current gear does lead to the right CR's for me.

It would be great if Mepps or a dev can confirm this.