Dev Discussion Combat Pet Tier System

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello all.

This is the continuation of the baseline damage review of Mobile Combat Pets and Turret Pets that have been released from the Atlantean Seahorse and onward. With the pet rebalance out of the way - we are now able to begin looking into Tiers further. This is a multi-stage process where at the end of it, there will be a way to earn your favorite pet at a higher Tier. Not all of this will be ready in EP40 but the next steps shall begin here and hopefully by time EP41 occurs, if not before, we would like to have the system fully in place.
    • Existing Combat Trinket Pets from Atlantean Seahorse onward have been converted to the Tier system.
      • Atlantean Seahorse – Tier 1
      • Vampire Bat – Tier 1
      • Paradox Gazer – Tier 1
      • Brainiac Drone – Tier 1
      • Mother Box – Tier 1
      • Father Box – Tier 1
      • Dark Construct Bat – Tier 2
      • Shadow Bat – Tier 3
      • Freeze Drone – Tier 3
      • Source Lightning Eagle – Tier 3
      • Ensorcelled Gem Turret – Tier 1
      • Anti-Matter Shard Turret – Tier 1
      • Source Lightning Shard – Tier 3
      • Green Crystal Shard – Tier 3
      • Snake Turret – Tier 1
      • Shadow Snake Turret – Tier 3
      • Freeze Turret – Tier 3
    • Tier 1 pets behave as they do now on Live.
    • Tier 2 pets have increased in size and now have 50 percent more hit points and 5 percent more damage.
    • Tier 3 pets will be immune to Crowd Control and do an additional 5 percent more damage than Tier 2 pets.
    • Tier 3 pets will have extra effects or flair to them, except for Survival Mode pets which have unique texture and model combinations.
    • All of the above pets have new icons that are color coded to Tier - Green = Tier 1, Blue = Tier 2, Purple = Tier 3.
    • Tier 1 through 3 pets for a new Mobile Combat Pet and a new AoE Turret pet will be dropping in the new raids in Flashpoint.
    Details on obtaining other pets that currently exist at higher Tiers will be forthcoming as we get closer to that system.
    • Like x 7
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do us all a favor and NOT have the T1->T2->T3 progression, tied to MORE cats or RNG breakthroughs. Please...pretty please. My inventory and supply of seals (also known as wallet) will thank you.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

4. Charon Lead Content Designer

That never was nor will be the plan.
    • Like x 4
  5. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Sugestion: Would be fun in order to upgrade a pet you would have to farm multiples of that same pet:)
    So Mother box (Tier 1) + Mother Box (Tier 1) = Mother Box (Tier 2)

You could even incease the failure rate every time a pet increases a next tier.
    Example:
    Mother box (Tier 1) + Mother Box (Tier 1) = Mother Box (Tier 2) - 60%
    Mother box (Tier 2) + Mother Box (Tier 2) = Mother Box (Tier 3) - 40%

Dark Construct Bat (Tier 2) + Dark Construct Bat (Tier 2) = Dark Construct Bat (Tier 3) - 60%

The few problems I see with this:
    1) Seals compelitely defutt the ideia, it stops being a thing you put your time and effor but something you just bought.
    2) Not having the ability to save/collect them, may be a turn of to alot of players.

This idea is really fun, because makes rare low Tier pets like Mother Box quite desirable and promotes trading:)
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperCorp Level 30

I have a gadgets power toon. It would be nice to change the look of my turret... just having a big green thing floating around is just ugh... maybe make styles for pets and power summons. Would be nice to have a batdrone for my batwoman.
  7. GothamKnight38 Active Player

You know what would be cool!

The following Combat Pets:
    • Dex-starr (Red Lantern)
    • Green Lantern Chip
    • Krypto the Dog
    • Bat-Hound
    • Isis the cat
    • A Wasp style pet etc.
    I would love running around with a legendary pet battling with me :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.