Test Discussion Combat Pet Tier System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Apr 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Well it's a good suggestion sometimes I don't even know why I use it. I get a good laugh out of it I guess, when I use it and a boss jumps to the other side of the map or happens to be in a mechanic, the dmg of the turrets hits for 2k. I would say timing is everything but mechanics are so random
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Thanks for the correction.

The AoE attack of "Freeze Drone -Tier 3" is significantly weaker than the AoE attack of other Tier 3 pets (by about 15 percent, I checked this many, many times, each time the result is the same - the attack is 15% weaker than other pets AoE ataks of the same tier).

I didn't notice any more anomaly, so the only thing I would change at the moment is the colors for the tiers, white for 1, green for 2, and blue for 3, blue and purple are too similar ...

I'm looking forward to the development of the tiers system;)

P.S. new pets look great ;)
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Found the issue with that attack. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

The colors default to rarity categories uncommon, rare, epic. Changing background colors isn't feasible at this time but I can look into requesting other visual distinctions in the icon art itself in the tiers to better denote their ranking. This won't happen with ep40 but can happen when the system evolves after.
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Obsidian Chill recently tested the new SM pets and added them to his updated chart (post last live server standardized damage update) and the Freeze drone was a bit behind the other pets that were standardized. Not hugely mind you, but it was peculiar none the less considering they’re theoretically all supposed to be pretty equal. So I wondering if the issue that you found and fixed was the culprit or was that issue only relevant to the new tiered system on test server?
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

The issue fixed was the culprit.
    • Like x 2
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hi Charon, me again yayyyy. Sorta random question that isn't related but came up in the last thread about this new system. I believe you had said that quislets dps was being looked into also? Is that still a thing or has it happened and just no one's realized it yet?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Those changes were in the update that went out with SM. Minor improvements to some base level attacks, less teleporting, less randomness to hit rates.

Quislet
    • Increased base damage for Ranged Attack and Megablast for Quislet.
    • Quislet does his teleport a little less frequently.
    • Quislet fires his base attack more reliably, similar to Combat pets now.
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Awesome, thanks so much! Time to try him out yet again then
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.