Color blindness

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Feb 4, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Just a quick question, how is a color blind player supposed to know what color a socket or mod is to make sure they put the right equipment mods into gear sockets?

One of my leaguemates is color blind and I'm trying to help her get her mods set up properly.

Edit: ok, now that I look I see that it says it next to the socket. Now to make a mod and check.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just tell her the color socket of that piece gear and have her write it down or note it somewhere so she remembers for next time
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. and after I posted this, I actually took a look at my gear, and it says the socket color next to the socket itself, and also in mod descriptions after you make the mods.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This is why we need the PVP sockets in PVE gear ! The rainbow ones ! (Terminology escapes me)
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Prismatic socket
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also there is no right or wrong way to mod. I put red mods in some of my yellow or blue sockets because the affinity bonus does not benefit me.
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That’s the one !
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Windows 10 supports colour overlays. There may be a Windows 10 red-green aid app that might help with games and the PC in general.

Nice stuff: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-color-filters-windows-10-fall-creators-update
  10. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I am color blind. The only issue that is an actual issue for a color blind person is when in a group and a player is off map and calls for everyone to come to them. I never know which marker is which, there are only like 2 colors there for me.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Trust me when I say non color blind people have the same issue.
    • Like x 1
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Overall the game is difficult on color blind players. I wish the DEVs would think about this when designing content.

I have a good friend that quit playing because often the AOE one shot targeting, is difficult for these individuals to distinguish from the environment resulting in needless deaths... he got tired of "dying" repeatedly cause he couldn't see it, eventually he got fed up and left.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I tested it. But I am not colourblind, so I can't tell if it is any good... anyways: I used the WIndows 10 settings for colourblindness and this is the result on DCUO:
    Normal/green
    [IMG]
    Normal/green/red
    [IMG]

So... is it any good? If it works I might do a quick tech guide how to find the setting.
    • Like x 1
  14. OhSicks Well-Known Player

They each have differing results. The two on the right both provide a little easier differentiation between some colors. None of them significantly improve it for me, but I am an extreme color blind case. I am as bad as you can be and still see colors. The next step worse is just B/W