Cloak Of Hades (Style Tab Change)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

I noticed that the cloak of hades was a back style I was wondering if either it can be changed to a shoulder style or if it can be added as a shoulder style so I can use other various back styles with it. Unless clipping would be an issue?

Hopefully Megzilla or Charon, can look into this thanks! :)
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're not going to change a style after the fact, they could make a similar style for the shoulder.
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

4. Jaelia Committed Player

Sorry let me fix it for you “So We Can Use”.. :) :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

Hmm good point
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I would love if they fixed it first tbh! The back looks badly clipped on female toons since launch.

But I agree, they recently revisited the Runic Hand Auras and made Accessory versions of it so I think they should be able to do something for this style. I can imagine it working well with weapon backstyles like the Primeval/War-Metal or even adding some depth to mage/sorcerers inspired toon by mixing it with the Strapped Crime Bible.
  7. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Fair point but they've done it for the Lasso Style and the Runic Hand Auras
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They didn't change the original Lasso and Runic hands though, they remade a second set.
  9. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Okay... however you want to translate it but the fact is they still revisited those said styles and it's what this thread is trying to accomplish
    • Like x 1
  10. Megzilla Developer

Like what TheLorax said, it is highly unlikely we would go back to change the Cloak of Hades but it is something to consider for future styles.

I don't think capes would look super great with the Cloak of Hades which may be another reason why it is a back item only.
    • Like x 7
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I think requests like these are rooted in good faith. Players asking for repurposing like the OP are really just following cues in the community -- this belief that everything we ask for is hard work, lots of money and time to make. Sometimes that's true, and sometimes it's not. It's worth pointing out that a lot of that comes from what's been relayed to them from the Dev team and other forum users 2nd hand.

So, in response players have been scaling down their asks thinking they are being more reasonable and it's less work. That's where requests like; instead of asking for an all new cape but switching the Hades cape's slot to shoulders etc really comes from. It's also a sad sign of PTSD really from the culture of the forums. Requesters are so use to being attacked and vitriol for any request, that they preemptively scale back their requests and preemptively account for common objections even when they aren't really applicable to their request. I point this out just as something for people to consider when they reply to requests like the OP's.

That said, this cape is amazing. I've loved it since day 1 but as others pointed out, it clips with a lot of stuff so it's less functional than a lot of us would like. Using it with a full cape would probably also look pretty bad. I'd rather see a dedicated PowerGirl or Captain Marvel style (or both) cape hopefully usable with all the most recent and older popular slimline pieces. :)
    • Like x 3
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Would creating a shoulder version of the cape be considered a "change"? It is merely just creating an option much like what you have done recently with the Runic Hand Auras and that style was released about almost three years ago. Also, I think many people would probably pair the cape item given the chance with weapon back styles like the swords or axe or the bow styles.

The Cloak of Hades is a one of a kind and there is nothing like it which is why I'm really eager to sea either more versions of it or simply more options to utilize it!
    • Like x 1
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This. This is why I refrain from creating request threads, people can be really quick to either put it down or quote something a dev said. I remember back in the day whenever I brought up Water Powers in every Power suggestion thread and people are like "Not possible" or "Devs said....." lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's exhausting and ultimately discouraging which hurts the game when players give up on offering feedback because they don't want the headache of people coming for them repeating quotes they don't even understand themselves. I think it also drives people away from the forums and ultimately the game too since they don't feel like they can invest themselves in a game they feel passionate about. I have so many leaguemates who want to see change, with really good feedback, but refuse to post on the forums because of the replies they're afraid they'll get. And that's even from "well meaning" people (not just the trolls).
    • Like x 2
  15. Jaelia Committed Player

Yeah I completely agree it would not look great with capes but that’s why I recommended to make it an option as a shoulder style because they’re a lot of back pieces that aren’t capes *example Speed Force or Bewitching battlesuit, you guys done it with other styles I don’t see what’s the issue with this one ?

Hopefully we get to see another see a style very similar to this one as a shoulder style that’ll be great! :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Jaelia Committed Player

Exactly but tbh that’s why I don’t care what people on here have to stay but the developers themselves, the developers are the ones capable of truly making a change, I just post because that’s what (I) as in myself would like to see and maybe see if others would agree and that’s awesome
    If they do and if they don’t idc pay to this game for myself (For fun) lol not for there uneducated opinions :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Megzilla Developer

Hmm yes I think I misunderstood in swapping the CoH from back, to shoulders instead of just creating a duplicate. I can ask! I really like the CoH too, I am excited we have something like it since its outside of our typical gear structure.
    I am sorry that a lot of requests are not received as well as folks would hope, and I certainly apologize if my response was curt (I should not be allowed on the internet until fully caffeinated). I will say that we do look to "break the rules" especially with styles, in order to address requests and it is extremely exciting whenever we are able to have a breakthrough. I believe my fellow devs respond to the best of their current knowledge, which is why sometimes we will say something can't be done and then later on the road our tech wizards (ie Oceans) discover something neat.
    Thank you for bringing up your request - at the very least it brings something to light that we probably wouldn't have thought of. :)
    • Like x 5
  18. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Oh no Megz don't be sorry lol! It wasn't directed at you or anyone specific really, just in general. I will always be thankful for your continued engagement and transparency with us! And yessss that's what I and Jaelia have been trying to communicate hehe not necessarily swapping an established back piece into shoulders.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I vote no, the fact that it's a back style is something i rather enjoy for multiple characters looks.

Maybe duplicate the slot so it can be back or shoulder, that i could see, but not just a flat switch.