CLIPPING RAGE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HOLY FORCE, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RitzyDitzy New Player

Couldn't agree more I remember when the game started so many people were against it and the devs were basically like we cant fix it now it's part of the game.
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Devs should take clipping away for few days.
    After that ppl would realize that everyone clips. Even complainers. Some just clip better than others.
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

I said the same thing in beta. All the clipping makes pvp feel like a disorganized mess of a "fur ball" (that's dogfighting lingo. airplane kind not actual dogs)

I just thought I'd share that in beta ... at first the clipping was uncontrolled you could clip anything with anything else at any time. That was a mess so they turned the clipping way way down. Channeled casts were a minimum of 2.5 seconds before they could be clipped. That was no fun at all. So then they gradually turned the clipping back up and stopped with what we have now. Then right before end of beta they made all the enemies fight better, giving them the ability to block and block-break and the QQ was epic... but I guess that's another story...

anywayz ... so clipping has always been part of the game (as well as the block/break mechanics) and clipping has been adjusted before. Maybe it needs to be adjusted again.

The purpose of clipping is to be able to cancel an action. The front-loading damage thing is a side-effect. I do think that the clip-damage is out of balance and should be adjusted. Not to create less clipping but to lessen the damage-out that is possible from clipping.

I don't really know that it is possible to adjust the damage output from clipping though. It's inherent to the UnReal3 engine.
    • Like x 1
  4. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

srry if it sound mean but im keeping it real..Its business
  5. FTBKRAZY New Player

I believe as he is a new player to the DCUO community, hes not sure of how to do certain things (eg, Clipping) so when he does come in contact with a experience player(s) who know tactics and avenues of how to be a elite player. He would feel as he is of disadvantage but it comes with time young one you will eventually learn. As you grow on DCUO you will eventually become a decent player if you meet with the right players and understand the direct concept with DPSing (Damage Per Second). Clipping is not an exploit it's just an avenue players use to ease through load outs and certain content which it may be crucial such as PVP. and some PVE.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

The phrase you are looking for is "Keyboard Warriors" - They have a lot of courage because of their anonymity on the internet.. its a sad by product of any forum..
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

sorry for quoting the whole thing.. snipping never seems to work for me properly lol

Just wanted to say, I understand what you are saying and ppl like and you and I just need to understand we wont always win and wont always be on top of the scoreboard but we can still do really well and still contribute a lot and have fun!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. Adamwiseguy New Player

I don't think half of the USPS3 players even know that these forums exist. lol
    • Like x 1
  9. HOLY FORCE New Player

Red Ringlight said:

It is amazing how many folks have such poor reading comprehension.

The OP never stated that he cannot learn how to clip. He made it pretty plain that he dislikes it because it cancels the animations -- and the animations are something that is one of the main draws to him in this game.

I fully understand that there are plenty here who are of the 'MMO hardcore' mindset, where anything enjoyable is seen as a problem and the game should be a mechanical chore to be endured rather than an escapist fantasy; but are people really so locked into their 'stats and numbers at all costs' mindsets that they seriously cannot even comprehend the substance of the OP's complaint

OP: Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Really? I don't suppose U (or anyone else claiming this) could share a link to this particular announcement, for those of us who don't remember that?
  11. jessiejames4211 New Player

don't dps then lol
  12. IGotYA New Player

And while we are at it, lets remove Power interactions as well
    i don't want to bother setting that up, who have time to learn how to play? pffft
  13. RitzyDitzy New Player

So you think they made a fighting game wth pvp were you are expected to block moves you can't see on purpose?
    • Like x 1
  14. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I always see people say clipping. I don't know what clipping is. I might do it all the time and, don't know it. Can someone tell me what clipping is.
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It doesn't matter what I think. I only asked for some sort of actual evidence. Which I still haven't seen - only speculations...
  16. Jamie New Player

This could be said about so many things in the game that it is ridiculous. I'm sure that this is the main reason the newbies quit. SOE needs to drastically step up their game on this front.
    • Like x 1
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Clipping is when you cancel a powers animation. Like i hit inferno and right as i hit it i hit fiery weapon. I would only see the fiery weapon animation and still get the inferno DOTS. That is just one example.
  18. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Thanks for the info and, I don't clip. I only cancel a power to avoid getting hit by hard hitting enemies.
  19. ADG New Player

Would you disagree with my preference to ignore you hence? You are also free to do the same. Good day.
  20. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Wow. I can't believe so many people can't clip still. It's a basic skill in the game. Learn it. Period.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.