Clip some powers with Gadget Stealth takes you out of stealth immediately

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MiLady, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MiLady Well-Known Player

If you clip EMP, Cryofield, or Cryfoam with Stealth, you will go into Stealth mode for a fraction of a second, your power bar will change to stealth powerbar, then you immediately go back unstealthed with your powerbar back to normal. Also, your powers will remain unusable (it stays red and does not animate) until the timer is done, then your power will be active again and the animation will quickly cycle through.

Clipping other powers (i.e. sticky bomb, taser pull dart) with Stealth will keep you in stealth mode. I have the Tactical mod to keep you in Stealth mode also. I thought this bug had been fixed, but I guess not. I am a hero on USPC, but the bug probably happens anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I believe it's intended for certain abilities' animations to immediately take you out of stealth (add neural neutralizer to the list) or at least Penryn wrote his guide as if it is. However not being able to use any powers until the stealth cooldown is done and also not being able to visually see the stealth cooldown timer seems to be a bug and is very annoying.
    • Like x 1
  3. AV Loyal Player

Only certain powers can be clipped with Stealth and Invis and only certain powers can proc Stealth/Invis damage on exit. Fairly certain it's intended balance behaviour.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just to note, Cryo-Field is supposed to take you out of Stealth. That was a design decision made explicitly made by the developer in charge of revamping Gadgets. The changed happened very late in the process and there wasn't much of a chance to leave feedback on it.