Clinging by a Thin String

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 16, 2017.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

I run battle support as an atomic tank. I wear full tank gear and put all into crits and might, the rest into dom. I'm usually beating the bottom 2 or 3 DPS. I do use a dominance health build for elite raids.

Don't throw all battle support under the same bus, guy.
    • Like x 3
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I didnt. U can reread my post if ya like. I certainly didnt say every person who does battle support is like that. I said what usually happens. At least in my experience thats what usually happens.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That matches exactly with what I see in the game.

And for those of you out there asking yourself....

How can you tell if someone is a Battle Role??

Very easy to spot..... when you know what to look for.

When you see the Healer focussing on doing damage instead of healing.
    If you inspect the player and see half Healer gear Half DPS gear.
    If you inspect the player and see Healer gear with all DPS mods (Might... Prec).
    Etc....

There are many simple ways that you can spot one of them Legendary Battle Healer in your group (the same applies to Trolls and Tanks). ;)

Sure..... sometimes it could simply be a Healer who just play like a DPS..... but again..... what is a Battle Healer if not a Healer who tries to play as if he was a DPS??? ;) ;)
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

role exclusive scoring needs to be done...NOW...then the value of pure role builds would be realised
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Me too. And i wish people who like the battle support thing would be honest about what usually happens in this game when people attempt it. Most cannot do it. Most fail at it badly. If people think this doesnt happen then id say they are running with league only then. Cause u go out in the lfg/pug world its obvious because when ya see someone doing it id say 90% of time or higher they fail at it.

And i describe the experience i had today and somehow that is throwing all people who do battle support under the bus? :rolleyes: Idk what the deal is on here. Its like a reading comprehension issue or an IQ level issue idk. Nowhere in my post did i say "all people who battle support fail at it." I didnt even imply all who do it fail at it. I described the experience i had today and what i usually see when i come across players who attempt it.

A very tiny % of players being able to pull it off means nothing really. Does it mean those players shouldnt do it? Of course not. Have at it. But dont expect everyone else to agree w/it or want it in their groups. People have different preferences and opinions. Disagreeing doesnt make someone wrong and agreeing doesnt make someone right either. This concept of "im always right" is absurd and has become so toxic on these forums. No human being is always correct. Everyone makes mistakes or is incorrect sometimes. And disagreeing with an opinion simply means ya disagree on something. Maybe instead of "likes" we should have an "im right" button people can click :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Guys

I do not play battle roles.. don't like that idea at all, as I do not think i would be good at it

BUT

I am really disturbed by this thread..

If a DPS is under performing, what do you do?
    If a Troll is under performing, what do you do?

etc etc

this no different... if someone is not performing to your expectation then do what you normally would do... some kick.. some talk to the person.. some leave.. some use ignore.. some stay in league runs.. just do whatever you would normally do... you are all acting like you have a say in how a person plays - *that* is what i find really disturbing..

For some Battle Support is viable & they are good at it & for others it is not and they are bad at it

you do not pay their subscription or control their toon.. therefore you get no say in how they play.. you can react how you see fit but do not dictate

lastly - 1 or 2 bad experiences with a situation automatically makes ALL battle support bad? Generalising much?
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Sooooo much hate for battle roles......:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    IKR GM? :p
    • Like x 1
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I don't know if its understanding or some of them got **** on by a battle role lol...I know others (who battle role) were probably thinking that, but I'm not above saying it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Some of them (not all) are afraid to look bad on the scoreboard next to a Battle role player.
    In my experience after the Revamp, the role that has more capabilities and potential of doing more damage without risking too much is the Tank role, next will be the healer and last the trolls, because i think that HL is the only powerset able to pull that off with the current state of the game efficiently.
    • Like x 1
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Battle tanking is still sexy!!!!!!!!! :D
    When it comes to Atomic battle tank and Celestial battle healing this mentality has always been a problem long before revamp. I can understand why this happens tho. Have you ever seen the ridicule people give the person who just got wrecked by the battle tank/battle heal? lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yup :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

lol

Hey and correct me if i'm wrong - Ms Celestial All Knowing (a compliment title not a sarcastic one :)) - wasn't always the point of the Celestial Powerset to battle heal?
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

LMAO! I will take that title and compliment! :p
    The powerset was intended for battle healing, yes. Too bad they screwed it in the revamp.. :(
    #RemoveDamagePenaltyForHealerRole
  15. Dene Devoted Player

yet now we have the Battlers all out in force.. irony
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did he say he was battle trolling? Was he wearing split gear? Was the tank/heal struggling for power? Was he debuffing?
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

It was obvious he was battle trolling. He didnt throw a single recharge. He didnt throw a single debuff either tho. He would cast only 1 power which was a stun and do wpn attacks only. And yes he did say he was battle trolling. Now not throwing recharge is not an indication of battle trolling. Him doing weapon attacks only for the most part was. But again he did actually say "yes im battle trolling."

But the healer and tank were constantly out of power. And after the GG fight multiple people spoke up and asked what was going on because the scorecard showed power out was so low. It was so bad that 1 dps switched so we had a 2nd heal because the original healer never had any power. And he wasnt spamming his bar empty either. The troll also didnt have any mods. So he was attempting to do it and was very bad at it. I should of been more detailed. Sorry about that.

Btw that scorecard is really wonky atm for power in. Ive been watching it for a week now and yesterday during the eclipso cut scene in wc it showed 3/4 people in the group had 0 power in. 3 dps 1 heal run. And apparently all 3 dps had used no power up until that point even tho all 3 of us were doing pftt.
    • Like x 1
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

He didn't know insta-power buff weapon attacks. Only battle support I like is Atomic because their powers are basically the same for dps and tanking. If It's not, they look the same. Earth battle tanks leave adds all over the place. Imo that kinda shoot holes in how tanking is suppose to work in dcuo.
    I think It's funny you see players say how bad healing is because of power issues but yet those same players are talking about battle healing.
    It's a troll thread that's trending that is blaming dps for power issues.
    It's obvious this is not the time for battle support roles
    • Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Well if some can do it and do it well im not gonna knock em for it. But in my experience its a very small % of players who can do it. But i will say it again, imo we should be asking for better content with better mechanics then simply "moar dmg!" Just my opinion on it. There are multiple ways support roles could be improved. But dmg is all that seems to matter to people.
    • Like x 2
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yeah I noticed the scorecard wonkiness too. It was healing out that was funky when I checked it out, few days after the revamp went live.

As far as the "battle troll"...yeah I don't know what that was. New guy to the power? New after the revamp? I dunno, but it seemed like there were more issues there than we could work out. I wouldn't jump into US with a group I didn't know or wasn't familiar with and "try something out." I wouldn't label what he was doing as battle trolling, just ineffective dps in troll role...lol
    • Like x 2