Clan emblem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by N-IX, Apr 21, 2021.

1. N-IX Well-Known Player

I don't know if this idea has already been mentioned, it would be really nice if we could create a clan emblem, in order to represent our clan
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It might be a good idea for the next ExtraLife event in November because it could be moderated in that kind of release (like the forum titles were).

I would be thrilled just to have some Roman numerals (able to place on the floor even).
    • Like x 1
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Clan!?

I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, we don't have those things here.
    • Like x 1
  4. N-IX Well-Known Player

I do not understand what you mean ....., what are you looking for by leaving this type of comments .....? very little constructive
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The word 'clan' is typically associated with a terrorist group here in the southern US.
  6. N-IX Well-Known Player

yes but here we are in a game, so don't pretend to no understand :)
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Like an emblem for our leagues? Could be neat (though depending on how it was implemented I'd be worried what some people might make and ruin it for everyone >.>).

And IDK if the other person is maybe just being overly pedantic about the wording. The game's official term is league but it's an MMORPG so we can really think of our stuff as whatever we want to. I know I don't refer to my toons with their in-game names. I just call them their names lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. N-IX Well-Known Player

so yes to be clearer seen that obviously some people have trouble separating the virtual world from that of reality, I'm talking about an emblem for our LEAGUES :) :) :)
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes a game where large groups are called leagues, not clans.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The only "Clan Emblem" I'm interested in having is the Chinese Hexagram that serves as the Emblem of the ARASHIKAGE NINJA CLAN:

[IMG]

If that looks and sounds familiar, IT SHOULD: It's worn by some of the most famous fictional characters to come out of the 1980s....

[IMG]

And I also want need it as a forearm tattoo our characters can wear:

[IMG]

Sadly, there's the whole problem of DC Universe Online not having the licensing rights to use the exact likenesses of those characters or their Emblems. So my in-game versions will have to do without:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now you know.... AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE! ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The fact that there would be people who would ruin it for everyone is probably the reason why it doesn't exist. Even setting aside DC's VERY hands-on involvement in approving things that go into the game, the amount of vile and offensive stuff that people would try to pass off as "it's just a picture, it's not what you think it is" pretty much means it'd be a no-go from the start.

Letting players make their own emblems is just asking for trouble.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Me and a friend talked to Megzilla about it a few months back, and she said this is unlikely. Plus, just imagine what players would do with that...they can create a very inappropriate emblems. o_O

This was her comment:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It has been suggested numerous times in the past, but if people are given the power to create something custom then there's a very large chance that many people will either create something inappropriate/obscene or something that infringes on the copyright of other companies, such as an Avengers emblem or something. The only way it could work is if the designs had to be submitted for approval by the devs and I honestly don't see that ever happening as it could turn into a massive workload if they're getting thousands of designs submitted.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And you should know that what you refer to "clans" is referred to as Leagues in this game.

Also, it has been suggested in the past...and it's a hard no. It would be rife for abuse. We have too many players that can't be trusted to be responsible.
  15. N-IX Well-Known Player

lol while we let some "league" bear very dubious names (racist and entisemite) :) :) :)
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, maybe if they let us give the League an emblem (kinda like how we can our bases) from the game's own emblems or something and it would show on the info page and we could put it on stuff in league halls.
    • Like x 2