Clamping compromise

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 30, 2021.

1. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

I like the clamping because it actually makes the game fun, I hate being carried, I hate it when a high cr ruins my experience by running around one shotting everything while i have to watch. They think they are helping or showing off but they are just ruining the experience. with that said i understand why an OP player would want to be able to 1v1 a raid boss and feel super and i think they should be allowed to do that and farm these lower cr raids for feats and so on. so here is my compromise. For on duty content everything is clamped so OP players can not ruin the fun for everyone else BUT when it comes to the walk in content have no clamps at all. so you can enter any walk in content at 300+ cr and keep all your stats and 1v1 the raid boss if you like. so you guys who want to farm the lower CR stuff can still do that without ruining it for everyone else. sound good?
    • Like x 4
  2. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

We've been begging for walk-ins for years!
    • Like x 4
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

as Spider sez, we've been asking for walk-ins, or at least some way of entering old raids / alerts with a reduced group ( or solo ), for what seems forever. apparently, walk-ins cause technical issues for the game, so an adjustable queue size system would have probably been the sweet spot, but, yeah, that is never going to happen now.
    • Like x 2
  4. Puppet Master New Player

what about the portals to the content in the hod and wt?
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't recall which raid it was, in particular, off-hand ( bit "tired" at the moment, I'm sure someone'll chip in ), but the walk-in started screwing with the game. after that, they stopped adding walk-ins into specific raids / alerts.

edit. ooh! just remembered! paradox wave! after that caused issues with the game, they stopped doing walk-ins.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Paradox wave and it was prob more due to people cheating to get the EO feat lol but yes, that walk in was the one that ended it all
    • Like x 1