Circle of Protection (Heals - Sorcery) is stacking.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by KillTheSilence, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillTheSilence New Player

That's what I'm aiming for ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

This just dont seem game breaking to me, I wouldnt even consider two sorc healers to be fotm with it.
  3. KillTheSilence New Player

No one said it was game breaking. The point is, no other heal in the game stacks. Circle of protection should not be the exception.
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I agree with the rest of what you said about not hurting PvE because of PvP, and letting it go ahead and stack. But it did used to overwrite back in the T3 days.
  5. KillTheSilence New Player

How would it hurt PvE? Why do you need 2 sorcery healers to heal the new content? It's easily solo'd by one healer. Again, no other heal stacks in the game. CoP should not be the exception.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Devs are in the process of letting powers stack anyway, and if it's not game breaking, what's the point of the thread?
    • Like x 4
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Or, rather, people could get what they've been asking for, for years ... that no powers overwrite.
    • Like x 3
  8. KillTheSilence New Player

Where is the proof? No healer powers should stack. Period. If that was the case, thought bubble and fear gas wouldn't have been fixed.
    • Like x 2
  9. BuzzWorthy Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  10. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Could have sworn both of those were burst heals. I really only think the HoTs should stack.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

2 totally different things. Fear gas and thought bubble were instant cast powers that one player could stack 4-5 times, CoD is a power with a long cool down that takes 2 players to stack. Like i said a fix is otw that will stop powers overwriting each other anyway, why fix something that they are trying to do anyway?
    • Like x 1
  12. The_fair_1 Committed Player

CoP has never stacked for me so a video would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

technically all heals should stack as no powers should cancel out another as this will be fixed in the future as soon as they can drop PS3 we will have or game back to the beginning when powers didn't overwrite
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i agree they should all be the same and two people with the same power should not cancel each other out the devs have already said this will be fixed in the future
    • Like x 2
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I was gone for a few months so they could have easily stated this while I was away. Do you have a link to the Devs making this statement?
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it was in a live stream and said by spytle
    • Like x 2
  17. akaivy Dedicated Player

It doesn't stack for me either. I was in a raid with another sorcery healer who was a whole lot lower than me in cr and resto. They kept putting circles down after me and my healing out was bad as a result. We did fine because it was a low level raid, but I was really embarrassed when the leaderboard popped up afterwards.
  18. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I agree that one power shouldn't be different from the others, but HoT and Dot stacking from 2 of the same powerset is something that has been asked for since they removed it from beta.

On several occasions devs have said it's something they'd like to do, but haven't figured out how to balance it yet. So in essence they agree with you that it is too strong, however i dont think neither the devs nor quite a few of us believe the ideal solution is what you propose.

Circle of protection is already a rather weak heal in pve, nerfing it just for pvp would be tragic. I would rather they extend the stacking to every power instead. If it is too strong, they could further nerf healing in pvp, not like it really matters anymore.
    • Like x 2
  19. Valsmurf Loyal Player

let me be the third witness of that in this thread.

It's not realistic that we go through almost 70 hours of FNL just to find that one quote, perhaps going through twitter would be less daunting of a task? it was a response to one of those #AskFNL they do every now and then.
    If we find the day the question was asked, we might find the fnl episode they answered it. I'll try to do that when i get back home.
    • Like x 2
  20. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Every time something is "fixed" in PvP it is also "fixed" in PvE. The Devs have proven countless times that that is how it works.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.