Checking My Memory About PvP 1Shot Era

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by HoiiowDreamz, Apr 9, 2017.

1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Can someone tell me if the following is my imagination or if this accurately describes how people played and what the strategies were back when weapon 1shots existed.

*insert video of a shield crit for 28k and a dw combo critting for 18k* Any pvp veteran would remember days where clips like this used to happen and people considered it cheese. DW didn't even reach the combo that could chunk 75%+ of people's health until it was at 6 taps. 5 tap is still a sideways chop and not the overhead downward smash. Same thing goes for Shield. I want to say shield was 7 or 8 taps before the 1shot specific combo. There were people including myself that used to backpedal and attack the air behind up/wind up the combo before the fight just to get a 15-20k+ crit if you didn't block. In shield's case, even if it didn't crit it'd still be half your health and you barely landed 1-2 weapon taps on me if you just reached me at the start of the fight. Either you ate 10-20k+ from not blocking or you got bb'd and still took 1/4th of your health from a basic combo after the counter. Ever since people found out that avoiding the weapon mastery point for a weapon caused your weapon to do massive damage, it was cheese fest for any competitive area and CTR (chinatown rally) in open world. Even in 4s/5s, if someone on the team doesn't block against the shield crit aoe attack, that was a 1shot and if that person blocked and got bb'd and ate 1-2 combos from the other dps, he'd be full life'd in 3 seconds and there was no way to heal it. This was the same era Ice's Artic Gust used to be broken and used to half life people as a BB. If you blocked against Ice, you got gust'd for half your health, if you didn't block and they crit you'd lose 75%+ of your health. Fights were literally 1-2 counters.
    • Like x 3
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Dual wield six-tap was deadly and other things too.
    Dunno bout shield. It came later.
    I never take those "one shots" seriously because they either needed you or your team mates be totally blind.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s spot on.
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

5. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Horrible .......horrible........ horrible memories
    • Like x 1
  6. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Any of Despise's montages would do
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, smoke bomb all day. It was in arenas and legends.

The only plus, if you can call it a plus, was the Lpve stuff worked the same way. Finishing hard feats was cake.
    • Like x 1
  8. C3alix Committed Player

I remember those days. DW would be THE weapon to use after focus blast got nerfed, which was around the time when they decided to slow down 2-handed.
  9. That1DarkKnight Active Player

I remember early 1shot era as HL, Ice and Rage domination with either one handed, hand blasters or sometimes shield. I remember it at one point changing to cele, until celestial got nerfed, then it was just sorcery and earth with HL, Ice and Rage following, but this time more weapons could one shot such as dual wield, and staff did amazing damage.