Charon\Mepps what will happen to episodes second currency?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure if you crunch the numbers for mathematical comparison purposes comparing past primary DLC currency conversion to source marks (average marks per user, average drops per user per login, etc) you'd end up with something in the ballpark of a 10:1 ratio, give or take 1-2. The two glaring differences would be:

A: the mark cap (999 converting to 99 whereas many typically have more than 99 of DLC currency when converted in the past at 1:1) and...
    B: on the other end since nothing bought with aethers is tradable those who in the past tended not to save and opted to buy and sell tradable items like auras would typically have a lot more than usual.

All that not withstanding, it feels like that when you consider that roughly 100 aethers can be earned per hour (10SMs at 10:1), that that is unlimited by loot locks, and that it would be IN ADDITION to the primary currency being converted at 1:1 (presumably), 10:1 seems like it is fair, apt and won't cause an infusion of source marks in to the economy large enough to affect things in a major way.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

Thanks!!! I hope this thread will be helpful and will help you guys decide what you want to do. :)

Yeah but I think most of end game players are already out of relevancy for Source Marks in Wonderverse. So this is something to take into consideration too :)
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The catalysts are tradable, as are mother/fatherbox (I've sold several of those for 20+ million even after the nerf), and a few of the cosmetics (Auras if I remember correctly). Not that I disargee with you on the ratio if they do convert to Source, however I'd guess that if they do, they would also still need to drop the prices drastically. A piece of reg vendor gear drops by about a factor of 6 or so when conversion happens. If you drop the price of the Aether 'feat only' items(assuming a source conversion), that's still 300 marks for the base mods, about the same for the 3 catalysts for the OP head, another few 100 for the elite rings/neck/weapon and probably 100-200 for the Aether based Style pieces. That's over 1000 source required to complete the feats.

Even if we do get a later 2x source week while someone is in the 300-331 relevancy (and that's tough to do, believe me I left 4 or 5 of my toons there to farm source as it is), unless you are willing to fill your inventory with drop gear, they won't be able to take advantage of that for long. If FP onward the loot boxes stack this will be easier to do, but WV and Legion boxes add up quick if you are running every day. Also, 2x source is 'on duty' only, so that leaves out doubling the bounty loot. And whatever is done, rinse and repeat for Legion, only moreso as the prices for Beacon stuff is higher.