Characters anniversary

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBatmanFanBG, Dec 21, 2019.

1. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Next year will be 80 years since the first appearance of Robin, Hawkman, Catwoman and The Joker in the comics! Are we going to get some free gifts like posters or styles as a celebration for their anniversary?
    • Like x 4
  2. BSEison Well-Known Player

Next November will be the 40th anniversary of Wolfman & Perez's New Teen Titans. It'd be great to get more Titans based missions or rewards as well.
    • Like x 2
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

To be totally honest with you.. WHO KNOWS? Let's look at past game history...

As you mention Joker will be 80... Okay so what happened to some sort of celebration when he hit 75? Hey the guy one of the villain mentors and arguably one of THE most popular DC villains.

What about Wonder Woman? She is a mentor hero side and her 75 was totally skipped as well. She will hit 80 in 2021.

What about Superman? They did nothing at all for his 75 and finally got around to a tribute for his 80th. and he was the first super hero to hit the comic book stands NOT the BAT

To date? The only DC character that got a "party" at 75 was Batman. I let's be honest again.. for the most part in real life we'd be celebrating at say years 25, 50,and 75.... NOT 80.

Hey to get technical what about The Flash... now the actual individual cruising the speed force has changed a few times from Jay Garrick to Barry Allen to Wally West and then to Bart Allen but the COMIC BOOK has been around since 1940. Now he's not a mentor but he does have his own TV show (actually he has had two). And is featured in several recent Justice League movies.

So as you can see it is kind of hit and miss as far as those sort of things. Hey if Barry Allen can't get an anniversary event what chance does Hawkman have? :(
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I doubt it, they really havent been doing anything for iconic unless it ties into movies
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

Didn't they do one for Batman's 80th? Around when JLD was released I believe. They had a Batman emblem you were able to buy, some posters, and a beautiful 80% off sale I took advantage of.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

2020 is going to mark the 9th Anniversary of my character, Great Brit. The 10th Anniversary actually if you count the Pre-Crisis (Beta Server) stuff.

I'm all in favor of stuff, but I think we also need to be realistic. Anniversaries and film tie-ins are great when they do include them, but more often than not they don't happen.
    The best attitude is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when they introduce those extras.
  7. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Her 75 wasn't skipped. She had some tribute in 2016.
    [IMG]