Character Slots

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth_Andrea, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I've been playing for a couple of years, and I've bought the Max Character slots up to the 32 limit .. and I'm using 31 of those slots .. so I was thinking that maybe doubling that Max number might be a great idea..
    • Like x 5
  2. Synisterstrike Active Player

My wife is using all 32 lol. I'm sure she'd support this. I started with 2 characters and now have 22..23? Can't rightly remember lol. Had to make ones to go with the ones she made lol.
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Imagine no lifeing 32 characters
  4. Eve YouTuber

I made a thread about it in the past, us alt-holics definitely need more slots! I use 29 of mine and I definitely want to make more characters. And I do but I keep deleting them because I have no space and more ideas. :\
    • Like x 1
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

I admire your dedication. I haven't touched my alts in months.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

If the game can support it, don't see why not.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I have enough trouble keeping my main up to par, and 3 alts... 32?!? Wow
  8. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I have max slots filled too, but I haven't touched a bunch of them in a long time. Hell, a lot of them aren't even to level 30. Still like having them around for the character work tho
    • Like x 1
  9. Brit Loyal Player

Out of curiosity, is there a strong reason why players who want to make alts really want to have them on the same account?

As an alternative, players could always open a second account, and for the cost of $5 they could have that account be premium and include 6 new character slots for them. Additional character slots are 500 DBC each. That same 500 DBC would make a new account Premium and give 6 slots. Or, alternatively the same cost of unlocking 3 character slots would instead allow you to Legendary for 1 month, which also unlocks Premium, but allows you to make all 6 characters that will remain unlocked while using unlimited access of all powersets.

Additionally, running multiple accounts would allow you to play the characters on this second account and get an extra free run of the Stabilizers Event every day.

It just seems to me like having 6 accounts with 6 characters each would be far more useful than having 1 account with 36 characters.
  10. Eve YouTuber

Do I really want to grind everything again though? All my styles, all my feats? When I can just unlock and send stuff to my other characters? And I already pay for membership on my main account and have access to everything...I rather have more slots, and It doesn't hurt anyone, you are not forced to make more characters because you have more slots. These are for people who loves making new characters with different styles and stories.
    • Like x 3
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I totally respect that people like to make alts. I'm not criticizing the decision at all. I've got quite a few as well, given that I maintain several accounts.

I guess, for me, when it comes to alts I don't really care about getting them all feats and all styles. Typically they have a single style that I want for them, and that's it. And since I'm not getting them to CR293 across 30+ characters, and instead they're typically somewhere in the middle and advancing mostly through random Event stuff, I've never really cared too much about their skill points. I mean, I only have 2 characters that are actually going to run endgame Elites.

That's why I was asking. I guess I didn't realize that the other alt-friendly players wanted every single one of those alts to have BiS gear, high Skill Points, and hundreds of ultra-rare style options.

Functionally, I just liked having the alts with the name and look that I enjoy, and getting extra free daily runs of Stabilizers which then allows me to collect more of the rare stuff I need so that I can get it to the characters I want it to be on. And given that this option can be done for only a fraction of the cost, and then pay forward future dividends by opening extra opportunities, it just seemed to me like the common sense choice.

I didn't know, that's why I asked.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Most of my characters sits at 280-293 CR and 300-400 SP. I prefer them this way so I can enjoy each power and help my leagues out too.
    It really depends on the person. But sometimes I just want more slots so I can stop deleting my characters because I have more ideas but ran out. lol so up it a little once in a while by 2 slots can be cool

Edits: Also styles like the Psycho Jester forcing me to have membership & level up to get it :)
  13. AquiloFury Committed Player

They are all over 30..but only a handful are over 250...she wanted to experience all the powers without buying respec tokens...I can't say I blame her, honestly.