Changing powers is Sorcery good dps/healer?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Soke_Remy_Gambit, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

I'm using Gadgets and not Charing for it much and thinking of trying one I've never used is Sorcery really good for dps and healer or should I try something else?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Make an alt, try it and form your own opinion
    • Like x 1
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

What Fatal said. Make an alt. Don't waste ten dollars to see if you like something.

Did anyone show you the AM for gadgets?
  4. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

No nobody has what's that
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Sorcery is total opposite of gadget. It revolves around letting your pet do most of the work.

I think gadget/mental are kind of boring. Munition/quantum are more fun even tho they are also pfft powers. Munitions especially because you can move around while attacking. Fire/Ice are pfft but work a little differently, but they are mobile which is fun.

If you want to have a really active and exciting power try Rage, Hard Light, Celestial. They use combos which takes alot of finger gymnastics. HL is a mobile power also.

As you add toons try to get one from each role for later.
    • Like x 2
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That is probably why you are not having any fun with gadgets. Not knowing your DPS AM or how to run a support role can make playing the game miserable. As it stands right now with AM's ( Advanced Mechanics ) you are stuck using certain powers. If you do not know these powers or the order in which to use them you will be kicked from the majority of instances and probably added to other players ignore lists to keep you from Q'ing up with them in the future. It can be really tough at times to get players to help you too. The reason being is that when people try to help others they are cussed and or just ignored. When there are ones that are genuinely looking and wanting help it can take up to an hour or two to get someone pointed in the right direction. Believe me..... I just spent a couple hours yesterday helping get two players lined out that just hit level 30. I was ready to pull my hair out by the time we were finished....LOL

Sorcery has certain powers that you have to use as well. Changing will not help unless you get someone to help you get set up with any power.
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

When you pick your powers just read the description. With gadgets a great deal of them say "Does _% damage while Battle Display is active". So battle display is a good place to start. All this does is bring up a little screen in front of your characters face. However, reading further there's a ton of different powers that you can use with it. So you can go Battle Display, EMP, Distract, Grenade, Fear Gas, Poison Dart repeat without distract in the rotation. Or something like that. I haven't actively gave gadgets a ton of my time yet. You will hear players say "With AM you have to use certain powers or it will be terrible blah blah blah". I was told the same thing with Munitions. I had to use this, that, and if I didn't I wouldn't be worth a hoot. I tested, swapped, and played with my powers a ton before finding a loadout that suited me. Heck, I still do it to be honest. Just last night I took away a move I had been using since before I ever knew what an AM was. Ultimately it is about what works best for you. You could google search the "best" loadout for a starting point, but I wouldn't take it as being set in stone because someone else deemed it "the best". It probably is the best... For THAT person. But is it the best for you? Find out! I have made other Munitions players rage quit because I was putting them to shame with a loadout that most people would probably laugh at. At the same time I made them quit I was covering "Switches" in the GG fight of the US Raid and also picking up whoever I could. So if I was a full blown scoreboard chaser I could do a lot more.

Since no one gave you a clear out right answer to your initial question....

I think Sorcery is awesome despite the fact that it is one of the powers I have never personally played. In fact I would say that it is my favorite healing power, and that if I could go back I would have chosen it over Celestial. Celestial is probably my second favorite (Which really I just love any healer there is because, well, I don't like dying) and after that maybe Nature. Here is what I like about Sorcery...

1. They have pets. Pretty cool ones in fact. I have always been jealous of pets. Especially the Sorcery ones.

2. One of their heals is a big symbol on the floor. Stand in the symbol. Get healed. I like it.

3. They can place these little spiraling columns of health around. A lot of times I will stand right inside of this.

4. I have seen them wreck things as a DPS.

So I think it would be a good choice. Gadgets is also capable of doing some major damage but I would take Sorcery over it. Again, it is all about what you think though as everyone above said. Ultimately the best way to decide is either read up on it, watch it live and in person, take it for a test drive, or just roll the dice.
  8. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

I've see what you mean. Yes I know the AM. I've got my loadout the same just about the same as yours posted. And I've got Battle Display maybe I'll play around with it little more see how it works. I like controller roles and tank roles I've got a Rage as my main and a munitions as a alt to have fun with bud. So I'll give Gadgets a little longer see how it goes thanks for your opinion seriously. I'm gonna go through read all the powers make sure they are all interacting with battle display
  9. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

I agree 100% with your answers on sorcery it looks cool all the pets and yes that symbol deal you put on the floor is wicked awesome. I've got Battle Display but idk I just find the powers idk. I'm gonna give Gadgets another try or a little longer make sure I've got my loadout with battle display and all other powers set to interact with it. If I still don't like it I'm gonna go to sorcery lol
    • Like x 1
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Is ur gadget hero or villain? Whats the name?
  11. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

Hero name Jordan Wick
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If you like playing with your weapon, sorcery would be a good fit. You can choose from almost any weapon. There are two optimal weapons, one handed and handblasters. You can also use weapon master if you like it. I've even seen people running with duel pistols doing full auto.

That is going to be your difference between gadgets and sorcery. Do you want to do AM with gadgets, which is very good damage wise, plus a great troll, or do you want to play weapons focused? Sorcery healing is fine. It's not as easy as nature and doesn't have the range like celestial, but once you figure out positioning, you'd be fine.
    • Like x 1