Changes need to be done on visual and logic aspects!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spiros78, May 30, 2019.

1. Spiros78 New Player

Aspects of this game that have to change, including moving to DX11 that should have already be done, unless people have asked it for years and they have been ignored.

So, for the story...

- Annoying to hell intensive screenflash effects while taking damage from side and back, and on the other hand, u have their site giving u advices about epilepsy (theatrical mode) like they care so much, while at the same time they use such effects, damaging your eyes eventually. I won't even mention abilities that cause screenshake, since i personally simply do not use them, no matter if they're usefull (see swoop for example on flying). Include an option to toggle flash effects off/on or if u insist on using them just to help players to understand where they're taking fires from, reduce their intense, size, with more fade to be soft.

- Vsync !..The specific function, in every process, makes sure to keep your fps in sync to your monitor's current refresh rate, but in this game, it caps the fps to 30, and they should have named it as such, "FPS cap to 30". So, either increase the limit to various values selectable by user, like 60-72-120 etc, or rename it to avoid confusion for those who expect the game to sync at their desktop refresh rate which is the logical.

I suggest for Nvidia users, to disable it ingame, go to NV control panel, to set for the specific program, Vsync=adaptive full, while for AMD users, set the FRTC to 5fps lower than your current refresh rate, example, if your ref. rate=75hz, then set it to 70fps.

- The mouse cursor is so tiny, that u will find yourself having trouble to find it many times, and its size cannot change, same goes for the scrollbars which are thin as well, but the buttons in settings are huge (what mania is this nowadays to make them all small)! Try to use an item from your inventory during battle, either by opening it directly or holding the ESC, and u will keep swearing for minutes, just because u could not find the cursor, which is needed to find and click the item u want. Mouse cursors are widely used either in a game or in OS and must be clearly visible when needed.

- A very annoying thing that u will come across every day and minute ingame, is their obsession to hold your selected "interact" button insted of tapping it. You will soon see how frustrating it is even if u get use to it at some degree. It got me tired very much. Change the dam hold to tap already !!

- A very disturbing thing, especially if u choose flight mode, is the situation where your character stays in combat mode for too long after last hit, and that restricts it from moving fast for about 5sec (an ideal would be 1-2), so if u want to escape or carry something fast in a mission......good luck!! Even if u pass next enemies on the street on your way to a point, u get one shot and bye bye speed, and that happens quite often.

We have to let DC and Marvel know, that their heroes should start walking when they're taking hits. So frustrating situation this one, to cut your move down to turtle speed every few seconds, like carrying an anchor in this mode, having to suffer extra annoyance with continuous screenflash while enemies hit u behind. What obsession is this in some game with slow speed mode, i don't get it, but it's like trying to exhaust your patience with psychological war.

- Also, combos, no matter the weapon, but worse with the slow ones, are too slow, and even worse when they're executed on enemies in comparison to practice on empty space, but NPCs can hit under the same speed either hitting the air or you, and that is fast ! How annoying. The only game i cannot "feel" my character's combos nor enjoy them. It's not fps issue, it's not performance issue, it's development issue, sloppy work. Combos speed must be the same either hitting the air, a brick, a wall, or an enemy, just like the NPCs.

- Enemies can hit u, no matter how fast u run or fly! Is it because......of brainiac's technology? Retorical question ofc, it's because of bad logic. Who would possibly be able to fire on superman or flash while they run? It's hard to aim on a target even if it moves with 10km/h, let alone speeds over 500km/h, so even for a game, it's far beyond fantasy point.

- Sonic speed?......it seems in that company, they have a totally wrong impression about sonic speed, where their perspective, is a speed of maybe 80km/h (60km/h ordinary running/flying)..... and 10km/h while light running (the standard movement) !! Ofc i did not expect actual sonic speed, but standard and fast movements, are slow, and one can feel it especially in flight, not to mention that their sonic, is so fast, that your enemies can shoot u easily, thus forcing u into the annoying super-slow combat mode and stopping your movement, where u have to wait 5 more secs to go fast.... IF u don't get hit again. What were they thinking? How to make people angry and annoyed further? Success!

At least the forum setup is one of the good ones i've seen, with matching colors, clear fonts and full editor.
    • Like x 1
  2. Spiros78 New Player

To add some more.....

- Remove the screen brightening effect each time we reach an area's borders. You don't need to blind us to understand it simply does not go further, it's obvious and clear without flash light in our face. Some areas that do not get brighter and we reach their borders, are just as all should be.

- Change the bow sound, it's by far the worst i've ever heard in a game. Did that audio editor record it from some jar lid while tapping it?

- Music while wandering, stops and plays whenever the game engine remembers it. Now u play, now u don't. Roll the ditch?

- A bit of important thing, is that of reviving someone. Apart the very little time given for this to happen, whenever someone tries to revive someone, he'll very likely fail to do it, if he/she has no shield, and even so, if he gets pushed, show is over. Time to change this don't u think? Revive procedure must be completed since someone can go for it, without interrupting it due to some enemies hits, keep reviving even when taking some damage, since anyone who will run to help, already knows he'll take some hits, but he's counting on the party's healers and his armor defense to also stay alive to complete his revival, otherwise, why do u give the revival option if u leave noone to succesfully complete it? U want to moke the players or "play" with their efforts and mood?

- Half of the cinematics cut us in the middle of dealing with enemies in our way to a boss, and cannot be skipped. I say enough with this, especially with alerts and raids that are repeatable. Why do we have to see the same and same all over again every time for several seconds forcefully?

- Press the "X" button to get rid of control effects...... yes ok, 1-2-5-10 times when someone is new in game, an option to disable it or set a limit of times to show it and stop permanently would be nice.

- In addition to the part i wrote above, about that super annoying combat mode speed and duration of it, i'll mention that we walk like pulling an anchor (like grounded almost), but several enemies can run and reach us in no time, thus delaying us from reaching a destination, or preventing an escape in very frustrating way. So, enemies combos and movement always faster than ours... mokery? To highlight here, two phases i've noticed in fight, where my combos with any weapon, were executed at proper speed till the end, was in "the greenhouse" with the Ancient bloodroot and Sequoia lord. Definitely not coincidence since it works that way any time i enter there.

- For the R&D salvaging/create, add buttons for "salvage/create all", or at least link the spacebar to the salvage/create buttons.

- I've noticed in vendors lists, there is anarchy to the items order, and i mean there is no alphabetical sorting choice but only type sorting by default.

- Since u do not allow the visual editing in config file, at least separate visual effects instead of enable-disable all by using the world details, which is easy but impractical. Blur, DOF, bloom etc. separated and with intensity slider.

- I've read forums, where players were refering many times to the supercharge restore. It is indeed extremely slow to fill it again and that's why barely 2/100 players use it (if they do)! Since u implemented it, make it usefull, not with purpose to torture people.

- Chat tabs, need to have the corresponding selection ready. To clarify, the Default should have /shout ready, the LFG should have the /lfg ready, the Combat should have the /group and for custom tabs, users must be able to select their own button to be ready. It's from the most non user friendly chat implementations i've seen.

Any other suggestion comes to my mind, i'll reply again since editing is not allowed for some reason.
    • Like x 1
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The short version for most of it: You want a new UI. The reason we don't have it: It was cancelled :(

New UI is needed for new settings options, new chat window, vendors, RnD, tutorial messages, cursor, hud effects...

The engine is a custom build UE 3 and it was never meant to run faster than 63 FPS. I agree that we should at least get that.
    But the engine also limits the maximum speed we can move. True superspeed is not possible with it. I think DCUO already uses dx11 technology.

Did you ever try the effects fade slider? You might like what it does ;)

Forum editing has a time limit.
    • Like x 2
  4. Spiros78 New Player

I never drop suggestions and ideas without research and knowledge. I might always miss few details as an imperfect human.

The game runs fine at 70fps that i have it limited. I never asked for true superspeed, already clarified it. I do not think anything, the game runs on DX9 32bit only. The effects slidebar affect different visuals, like the powers fx intensity or how far u can see a shiny orb, and not what i described above separately. I'm not new on games nor PCs so i know very well what i'm writing. All of my usefull suggestions, affect all users for better gameplay and are clearly dependable on the devs mood and how much they ignore the usefull and the fashion requests. I never was nor will be fashion victim, so i drop lines that will only help players and definitely make the game far more enjoyable, favoring health and psychology.
    • Like x 1
  5. Spiros78 New Player

Now, to my next request i want to drop here, concerns the half watchtower gates, and specifically those with the pillar in the center, to avoid falling on them while flying or running fast, so i have in mind 3 solutions.

1) Replace the 90 degree corridors and give them a light curve of 30-40 degrees (takes some work)
    2) Remove entirely the pillar in the middle (easy and fast to do it since one design is linked to several coords)
    3) Replace the gates with pillar, with those that are wide open or just remove them entirely and leave the space open (also easy )

Pics below get u into the point..

[IMG]

.....OR...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I agree. The curvature in the Hall of doom connectors is even worse with some corridors very tiny or a huge column blocking sight into a room.
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For this all you simply need to do is hold down left and right click on the mouse and it will automatically do the interact. You don't have to press and hold E or whatever interact is bound to and using the mouse is already faster than any hold to interact keyboard button.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

2011 game with cosmetic updates and rng lootboxes to sap them dollazzzzzzz:oops:
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

First of all, wonderful topic!
    As addendum:
    Separate the game's audio from the interface and subtitle settings!
    It's no use having 6 or more languages available in the game
    If everyone will be silent!
    So that we can choose between the original audio (English),
    And the interface and subtitles in the other languages available!
    (German, French, Spanish, etc.).
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

This is what i use, only time this seems to not work for me is if i want to pick up something to then place elsewhere - i end up throwing it lol (rare but e.g. picking up a barrel to put elsewhere)
  11. Spiros78 New Player

I'm sure u tried to suggest another way of interaction, that i was not aware of, and i tried it from simple curiosity. It simply does not work, either tapping or holding both mouse buttons. In any way, even if it would, it would mean double problem, since u r talking about HOLD again, so instead of one button, i would have to use two. This suggestion is not solution, and not even workaround.

In my suggestions above, i'm not talking about ......"bandages", but for proper solutions to many frustrating details. My three most annoying issues in this game, are the hold button method, the reduced combos speed (terribly annoying) while hitting enemies, except some that combos work properly and the intense screenflash while takin damage. No need to anayze them again, i've already written many paragraphs in detail that require carefull reading and understanding for those who care.
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I don't know if this falls into this particular 'category'. I've often wondered why some powers described as hitting 'nearby' enemies will often hit opponents halfway across the zone. If I'm freeing Atlanteans from the cages, sometimes I can use powers and they don't even hit nearby opponents. Yet there have been instances when I deliberately positioned myself so all other opponents in the area are behind me at a distance, and I still hit them.

I've also noticed in the JDL content when doing the small pods daily, I face the pod, get an 'Interact' prompt, and when I interact (I have my 'Interact' key assigned to an extra mouse button which makes interacting very easy) my character still turns sideways to interact with some fallen daemon that sometimes is not even close. Yet, sometimes if I am trying to interact with an object (like a seed pod during the spring seasonal) you can be standing next to it or even on top of it and still not see the 'Interact' prompt. In the JDL daily where you activate the sigils in the streets, sometimes I can stand dead center in it, and I have to move around a bit to hit the 'sweet spot'.

It's not a big deal. Just can be annoying at times.
  13. Spiros78 New Player

Yet another suggestion i'd like to make, is about the journal. I noticed that everytime i switch places, it returns to its default sorting, which is annoying to change it again from priority to place for example, so it would be very usefull to save the player's preference permanently or based on the last change, even when log in/out.

Also, review some missions that mention the same object, that exists in 2-3 registrations in on-duty panel and clarify where the player has to look. For example, when i see ALERT: oan sciencells, i'll search in 4p category where it exists, and not in general Dark legends:eek:an sciencells. You're misguiding lot of people this way and i have no idea how long this has been going on.

I also wanted to clarify the weapons i have tested ingame, with noticeable combo speed drop during combat as i wrote in my op. Since i'm not interested much in ranged weapons, like pistols, i've used

- Martial arts
    - Dual wield
    - Two handed
    - Staff
    - Brawling
    - One handed
    - Bow
    - Hand blast

All of them slow down much while hitting enemies, but when they're handled by the enemies or by us during practice in the air, they maintain proper speed as we should have in combat too, which is terribly frustrating, so a fix is needed urgently please.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

In all the years I've played the game, I've never found it a problem to make all the turns in the WT at top speed.

And I suck at doing the harder races, so I'm not someone with above-average skills here.

What problem are you having doing that? Have you tried adjusting your mouse sensitivity in the settings?

I don't understand what problem you're trying to solve.
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

Maybe they use PS4 or the controllers like a lot of other people do, I understand turning would be much harder using those.
  16. Spiros78 New Player

And few more requests..

- Remove reflections from "concrete" surfaces and the road, it might be a fantasy game, but this is way too much, unless they would be flooded by water.

- Move informative text like "press X button to breakout" from the center to top of screen, where it won't stand in front of where we're trying to focus on

- Disable enemies flashing effect while they're taking hits, especially the big ones. Besides the fact that such effects hurt my eyes, they're often responsible that i "lose" my character and cannot sync my combos or can't see where it is, much worse in relatively dark places. Flashing effects are always annoying, distracting and bad for psychology.

- Review some visual fx of skills of bosses (and not only), like Arkillo's, who has a skill hitting the floor and causing yellow waves that annoy as hell. I turn my sight elsewhere while he's doing this.

- Lighting needs better work, as many surfaces are too bright while in daylight and the shaded ones, too dark. Some metropolis areas are like this,not all, but the half for sure

- I payed some attention, on what a player sees while standing somewhere, looking at the horizon, and noticed that, one can see to a far area, smokes and car lights goin right and left, but as we approach, then smokes and lights.......poof !!!!!!!! That, is not world detail dependable, although i play in low on this setting since i find it far better, but it would be nice to reach to an area with enemies where smoke would indigate...massacre, battle field, run... and traffic should be more live, instead of totally empty highways and car lights that dissapear and replaced by much less cars with lights off all of a sudden, much more in Gotham!!

- Adjust the vendors items preview for larger scale or zoom ability

- Allow the ability to use WASD while in super/sonic speed unless there are programming obstacles

- Review the minimum and suggested CR in missions appeared in on-duty as i've noticed that it's out of logic. Minimum should be far different than the suggested as first step. For example, in a mission of two or four players that min-suggested CR is 40-45, and players are within this CR, they most likely won't be able to complete or it will be too hard. In fact, even if they were 60, it would be again very difficult, because too many enemies spawn who act like they're 70-80 and not 40-50. I saw this happening many times.

A good example, is the T1 area 51, which has min and sug=30, where i have seen many players, keep falling even if they're 40, unless there is someone around over .... 80 !! A proper warning would be minimum 30, which would mean that one would hardly kill 1 npc and barely stand to tell the story... but a suggested CR must be the double, where one can kill and stand with a logical difficulty.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The smoke/"fireworks" areas in the distance in open world areas are a shorthand of sorts for conflict/mission areas during the leveling process. Say you're in Metro Chinatown and see the smoke coming from the Tomorrow District. When you head in that direction, you find yourself in the area where the Giganta mission chain takes place. So even if you aren't using the direction arrow on the mini-map to head towards a mission you can use that as a guide to know if you're heading in the right direction. And since it IS a conflict zone, it makes sense that traffic around those areas might be nearby but not appear AT the zone once you get there. Beyond that, it's a little flavor to show a bustling/busy city. Best not to overthink it.

I have to admit, a slightly bigger preview window on vendors (especially for gear) would be nice.

Minimum/suggested CR levels for content seem fine to me. Even with my tendency to underplay my characters in terms of stats, the only time I struggle with new content is on my first few runs, before I've had a chance to get to know the content and the mechanics at play. So it's entirely possible that those players you were speaking of were running that content for the first time and getting caught by mechanics they weren't prepared for.

Unlike a lot of MMOs, player ability in this game has always had a stronger influence on finishing content than just having the right stats (minus the CR differential era LOL). Moving the CR goalposts isn't really the answer when the player in question should be learning from their experiences.
    • Like x 2
  18. Spiros78 New Player

....and....

- Implement a word filter in chat, in order to be able to exclude phrases that contain specific words, like "mmogo", that we'll set according to our preferences and chat tab, i got tired ignoring such fools and it's not proper solution ofc

- In R&D assembly, prevent the scrollbar from returning to top after each exobyte creation

- Review some electricity-fire-water skills that produce too intensive and continuous flash, especially the water

- Change the pm (tell) color from purple, which is hard to read, to a brighter color, like green

- Disable camera zoom while interacting with objects or NPCs like arresting someone

- Please replace the sound that plays, when killing the crocs in scarecrow event for example, also used for smashing the joker's detonators and several other moments, it sounds awfull

- Also please replace the whipping style sound, played mostly when soulless and many other npcs hit us, i find it irritating and in combination with the also extemely annoying screenflash when taking hits (as i have wrote previously), it ruins my calmness

- While in acrobatics movement, during flight, keep camera steady while going down, as it is while going up
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The ui never really bothered me, keep it simple
  20. Spiros78 New Player

- Increase weapon buff skills duration from 12s to 20-30s

- Use of WASD for quick menu navigation and use of Spacebar as Enter (both available ofc)

- Capes animation, feels like a hanging paper rather than cloth, especially noticeable while light running and flying

- Among human skins, i found no calm expression for face, but only youthfull that smiles and the standard that looks angry. I would prefer the "human 1" visual in calm mode. Not replace it, but make another under another name ofc, eg. Human 4

- Brawling... Haymaker combo, why do enemies jump on 2nd hold hit instead of send them "flying" forward to a wall of few meters ahead? (retorical question)
    Generally combos under every weapon lack the feeling of strength and damage, like the terribly annoying combo speed reduce was not enough.

- Prevent the screen from darkening while adding SP after a respec. Very annoying when adding points fast on weapons.