Change Zeus’ Orbital thing back

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crn, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Yeah if you have any doubt look at history and pokémon of all things. In the original anime the one that came out when I was a kid, in Japan they released an episode where Pikachu blows up a missile causing a series of flashing lights red and blue and record numbers of kids hospitalized due to seizures. It was so bad that not only was it never aired in america it was outright banned in the us.
    • Like x 1
  2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Anyway I have already given up on this. Not worth the effort. I just unequipped it on my toons threw them in my bank, still a lot of money went into that so I'm not deleting them, and decided if this is how dcuo works now then I just won't buy tcs or any of their "add ons" that aren't just cosmetic. I won't quit the game, yes it has it's flaws but has more aspects I love but the trust is gone. I won't be spending real money except for my membership
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Arrogant Mortal..." F off Zeus !! "
    Zeus... (sends Lightning Bolt )...
    Electrocuted Mortal "Tone it down please..."
    its a fair cop...
    [IMG]
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I miss the old orbital, i guess zeus got weaker after he lost his crown....
  5. crap zappa New Player

Imo compensation is needed for this change. I have spent a lot of money on this game and feel pretty salty about this. One of my favorite things to do was drop it on unsuspecting friends to get their attention. At the very least i want a refund on my quarks.
  6. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I was thinking, and I'm not sure if others feel differently, and Ajay not sure just how hard this code is to change... ... But here's my idea:

Yes, it's nice to have cool effects others can see, but when it comes to resins like this, i bought it for me because i liked the look of it. Sure, it would be cool to show off, but at the end of the day, i bought it because i want to see it. What if only we could see our reskinned orbital strike and everyone else just see the stock orbital strike?
    • Like x 1
  7. Stazos New Player

Hi,
    here is a before/after fact that show the cruel difference.
    I think even you (who is clearly not a fan of this trinket) could imagine an "happy medium" to preserv the player vision and give a satisfaying Zeux's lightning effect.[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're beating a dead horse here. They changed it, it's not getting touched again sadly.
    • Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree that the current version is pathetic. But the original version single handedly caused at least three wipes last SM. It got to a point where we would make sure nobody was using it before starting the round. Only thing worse in the game in that damn electricity cloud.

If I heard that they were even considering changing it back, I’d lobby hard for the to at least wait until after SM.
  10. Kilbane Active Player

Since I was on break when this trinket was common I don't have a dog in this fight exactly, but I can say effects have gotten so crazy that trying to play precision melee is hard. You can't even see what animation frame you're in. Are you stunned or interrupted? I don't know I'm covered in lightning clouds and jelly fish.

They really need a few graphics options for power effects. "Self", "Friendly", and "Enemy" with adjustable intensity for each. I really want to see my power attacks, and I'd like to know where the healing whirlpool is, but I don't want to be drowned in it. Or.. I don't care what others are doing but I really need to see the attack cone for this 1 shot boss.
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yes. Either make the orbital effect like Merciless's lightning, or give players an option to specifically turn on/off the Zeus orbital effect (which is extremely unlike to happen). Those are currently the only mediums I can think of I'd agree with.
    • Like x 1
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would put Water's puddle in there with that. Those are two of the most opaque effects that can cause a person to miss something key to survival. Electricity's cloud masks things above like a skull over a boss while Water's puddle masks effects on the floor that you need to get out of.
    • Like x 1
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would love to see the ability to adjust the intensity of effects separately... one slider for "enemy" and one for "friendly"... Thus you could crank up enemy ones while scaling back friendly ones.

Yeah, I realize this could easily be a technological limitation... but one can hope. :)