Change the level for CR.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by MAXILIANO, Jul 10, 2016.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

[IMG]

Taking advantage of this new GU come to suggest to change the level of choice of the characters in the selection menu for CR.
    No sense our characters show only level 30 if we base ourselves by CR. Even when choosing a character to help a group at the time help.
    Because sometimes we want a particular CR. but all are to level 30 on the menu.:confused:
    • Like x 2
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

No comment about?:confused:
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

wouldn't be needed as the Cr will be going away. kinda waste cause no one really cares to look at the log in screen they want to be in the game playing the content.
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Not cr will not be going away! the relevance cr will be going away. but our characters are still based on cr and not level!
    And yes we observe yes.
    Who has many toons notes to see which will choose to use to help their friends in a raid on a specific mission that is necessary given cr, etc.;)
  5. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I have a suggestion for a viable solution to CR/SP matters and possibly enhancing the level 25 boost. Why not have Tier boosts also and sale SP packages, make available the gear unlocks and add SP requirements per tier. This would seem to cover a lot of bases and enhance game-play based upon eligibility while inspiring feat farming and overall cohesiveness. Thus generally promoting game-play and a more accomplishment focused community as opposed to the present overnight CR leveling and in turn avoiding the skipping or no need to revisit content at lower levels.:)

Main Avatar: Future Kal 167 CR 206 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPC Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPS: Superboyistic 152 CR 146 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well they could add it in, i don't see it doing any harm by any chance but really isn't needed if they do it, might be something they do next year i guess idk... like i said it's not something we really need
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Well I speaking for myself, often lose precious time in and out of characters up to see what is the character who has the cr which is necessary for a particular mission to a group, had it available, not level 30 would not be necessary . And as this update they are changing the paper taking the level to cr, could do the same here.;)
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

Differential, relevancy will always be there since even if it doesn't lock the rewards, is still what decides what content we can do.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well it would be helpful to add all the character info on that large space, CR, ECR, PVP CR and SP.
  10. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

They will never start selling skill point it would be an instant kill to the game plus a slap in the face to the players who worked hard to show their playing skills and following direction as well would go against the lore system in place. Would be no need to run any raids if they just handed these features out for mere money as far as the combat rating goes the main system is based on levels and stop and 30 and the tiers pick up changing this to the true CR would just not serve a purpose or it would of already been done.

All content needs to be revisited as it's the fun of the game but the challenge of revisiting these mission is gone and needs to be put back and players need the option to amp up the mission severity to allow an even greater challenge running the bat-cave at 172CR with 177 NPC in Elite mode with reward would make players want to run it outside of just doing feats new gear new items new must have rewards and titles for achieving these missions all over again. Each time you beat a boss and return you amp it up and make it even harder and harder to run with rewards for beating it.

if they were to set the game up like this starting from T1 to T8 dropping your CR level gear in all these raids only if set to a severity level that matches or exceeds the actual T8 level missions it would not only buy them time for more content keeping players busy but it would add challenge to the game and players would enjoy it its what other MMO's are doing and its working and players have no complaint but this would take time and could be issued one tier each month until all tiers are done along with adding the new tier missions and rewards with it.

Aside of the season event they need to add daily or weekly bi-weekly or monthly events that are ran daily with no days missing or they event will reset with much needed rewards.this would encourage players to not only login every day but run and required mission to progress in a certain area of the game for special rewards it's done like this on many games
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

This makes no sense and I don't think it's what other games are doing, making your gear weaker the higher your level makes leveling useless, I do know other games are just adding harder modes on new content, but making gear weaker just makes no sense.
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Adding SP requirements for content is foolish and the worst thing they could do, this will just make players leave in hordes since it's just turning the game into pay to win. I don't know which base is covered by this because it's really a bad idea. What amazes me is how people keep asking for SP requirements, yet they forget SP wasn't an issue before and the game was fine, it's the differential that changed it but once stats change i'm sure people with low SP will get it anyway, but even so SP shouldn't be used to block anyone from content, that's now what it was meant to do.
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

It was in this sense that I wanted to speak, but in the sense that it was said earlier that the CR would have no importance. and referred to the combat system. which will again be based on statistics to inves cr. But the CR remains the basis of the game, so my request.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Other games are using level scaling to extend the life of their content. That is not conjecture, it is fact. SWTOR, Tera, FFXIV, and GW all use some form of level scaling. In SWTOR, you are leveled down to the max level for whatever planet you happen to be on. They also bolster lower levels up for queued raids and flashpoints. Tera has a feature where you are scaled down for low-level instances if you so choose and you earn end-game rewards from doing so. I believe FFXIV has a similar system in place. I've never played Guild Wars or its sequel but I have read that the entire game is scaled so high levels and low levels coexist in the game's zones.

The idea is not new and it works. I would very much like to see level scaling introduced in DCUO. There is so much content that is trivialized by the insane power creep in the game. It's awful how small the game actually is if you only look at the content that is relevant to your character at any given time.
    • Like x 3
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

I don't see the point in GW to level up anyway then, if everyone is the same level what's the point. As far as SWTOR that system is probably in place to keep people from going back to those planets once they are too high, again I see no point in leveling if your level doesn't matter. Tera however I do see a point if it's optional and doing it at level gives you end game gear, but since all gear is locked to content we know they wont do it here. And yeah here people complain about players at level queuing for raids without the years of knowledge they have, if any low level could queue for T7 I'm sure most high players will just leave the game all together since the last thing they like to do is help low level players.
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

Also we should be able to finally solo queue, make random clamped and keep solo or group clamping optional.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

What you seem to fail to realize is that, while high levels can go back to low level areas to farm and help lowbies at their level, those same low level players cannot enter the high level areas and do the same thing. Your level/CR/whatever still allows you access to elder game content. THAT'S why you level and gain power in games with level scaling. The same thing would be true in a DCUO with level scaling. That CR43 dude is not going to be able to run DWF. Your grind still matters.
    • Like x 1
  18. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

[IMG]
  19. WildWillie New Player

+1 to getting CR displays on character select screen/Login screen, this can be addition to level or instead of level, they are doing various changes lately to display CR (Combat Rating), why not get this done on the login screen. The newest episode in beta has changes on the login screen, just not this one. More information the better, but starting with adding CR or displaying CR instead on all Level 30 toons would be helpful!

Thanks!
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

They distorted in the very objective of the original topic, discussing grip and gender of things.
    On this subject of topic, I can say is that since everything is optional, or that at least there is some way we can visit the old content in the traditional way or by portals, or mod from our base, whatever for me.
    I love being able to go back and destroy the old contents! to see that all my effort was rewarded was really and I really evolves!
    I am a traditional player RPG! and this will not change!
    Since there are two systems in the game, I do not care!