Change focus devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I looked at the developer discussions topic and noticed...they only talk about " Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!", or, " Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!", or, "Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!", or, "Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!", or finally, "Tell us what accessories you'd like to see next!".

How about making the focus on content instead? In the thread "No letter from the director, no DCUO 2021 annual review, no 2022 roadmap..." it's been talked about even by me that the game is monotonous. They use the same formulas for content and only new things they give us are styles and base items. They use this to distract you from the fact they aren't dealing with content anymore.

These two are suggestions given in that thread:
    • City of Heroes type of Day Jobs XP or Renown for special gear/items (can be utilized for many things they can add in game to give more content and stuff and stats to players)
    • Trouble alert where a radio can randomly send you on a side mission with a minor villain at the end of it... Just to add, this could be done solo or with any number of poeple on your team... doesn't have to be strict solo, duo, 4-man, 8-man... And the difficulty of these side missions scale to your CR.
    These two are good ideas as most people farm the hell out of new content, get the gear, and get the feats... then they dont log on until next new content. It's good that the content is not just go in, burn, done. That they are working on adding more mechanics to the game. But adding mechanics and not working on the formula for releases and how people realize the monotony of each episode.
    Say what you guys will about my posts. In the past I've gotten alot of heat for my "Make SP Matter" threads and such where I've gone in a raid with no SP spec'ed and still topped DPS scorecard. (If SP don't matter much, then why worry about feats). If SP were made to matter again, then people will want to get the feats even more than they do now and will spend more time and money on the game getting the SPs. Anyway, i got on a rant.... sorry.
    What I was trying to say was, one thing no one has said anything against in all the threads in this forum is how mundane and static content is. This needs to change. I say stop focusing on styles, bases, accessories, auras and materials. Focus on how to give us more engaging content. Give us content to fill the void between new episodes, etc...
    Thank you. Feel free to add more suggestions to this for content. (not changing existing content to suit you)
    • Like x 3
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Cosmetics and gameplay are done by different teams. This isn't an either-or situation. Just keep giving suggestions.
    • Like x 16
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

City of Heroes type of Day Jobs XP
    With the old On Duty they had certain content giving double marks to do that day/week, per content. Guess the pick specific instances that may or may not reward marks, included some double marks was replaced with earn marks everywhere all the time.
    ...can't the regular instances earn less renown than elite does? once you achieve a CR threshold? /wary.

random mission.... desire to be in a open world environment and seeing others? good luck with that. They have a marketplace item that skips a newb or alt to a higher CR. yup, it's endgame or bust, Shirley as a new content is released. Often said, find a league, use LFG and state the goal to the group (am going for * feat, r u with me!? psst, tank, why do you have dps gear on? is the healer back from feeding the dogs? Someone has an open mic! etc etc)
    I repeat the content to earn the days marks and am out. U want to spend more time in there, enjoy. Wanting more motive than the randomness of omnibus?? I thought that is essentially the repeatable random mission.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that different departments take care of that stuff right? Why should they stop doing those things since both can be done at the same time?
    • Like x 2
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all MMO's are monotonous this game is no different. thats why most of us take breaks from time to time to keep it fresh the hard part is keeping a group of friends together. as they are what breaths life into a MMO

heck you really only need to play this game once a week if that, if someone is feeling burned out
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

I agree with the OP. I don’t take breaks, although the whole save the universe thing felt like a break as I would log in and have no motivation to play.

Gone are the days when the game produced content at a rate that I am happy with. The decline in content and the abandonment of PvP and new power development are what DCUO stands for now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Read all that, dissagree... We need new random content that is maybe shorter than solos, single room... like stop a bank robbery or jewelry heist.

And don't call me Shirley.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Having a dedicated dev thread that engages in this type of feedback that players assume the devs are more actively reading isn't a bad idea. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From the very start of the game we're dealing with everything from evil clowns to demons to mages to a gorilla army to aliens to mages to even the big three heroes/villains in the DC universe. And that's just in getting to level 30.

Day jobs and bank robberies? Sounds kinda mundane in comparison, and quite possibly less-than-engaging to play. Plus since we haven't seen anything substantial along the lines of the "stop/push the jumpers" or "take down Iron Kurtain/Titanic Trenton" since the launch game, there's a decent argument to be made that there may not be much of an appetite for that kind of thing to be added to the game to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They want DC Universe Red Dead Redemption Online
    • Like x 2
  11. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Or, a better idea, how about we get around to unbottling those buildings in Metropolis and Gotham so we can blow them up, nerve or joker gas them, or make some new pvp content where a player losing to someone in open world leads to an optional setup where either the hero being tied up and has to escape from a trap building before time runs out or a villain has to escape from a maximum security super prison before Boy Scout or Meep Meep get there to make things difficult (no Kryptonite conveniently placed though).

Failing to escape will have heroes respawn in a meta hospital (not funded by Lexcorp sadly) and Villains will respawn in a medical ward hosted by Poison Ivy (take advantage of the BOP deal I guess). No idea what to do further for any temporary losses should either side fail though.

But they still need to bring back the rock, paper, scissors role scenario there was before and actually work on pvp. Heck, some time focused on pvp episodes would be nice to try and breathe life back into it.
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Diamond heist in gotham and lanterns in metropolis, if it ain't tied to a feat, it's less often done, This is a instanced game design. Not far off from Marvel Heroes, imho. Which is not a bad thing. Some users expect something different than what is. They'll want open world, get bosses that require a zerg. Bounties+, complete the feat, = vet? more or less from doing feats, but more so from knowing and doing counter mechanics. Which puts the enemy NPC on the ground for a second, not damaging anyone. Good to know about and do.

Camelot unchained has stuff.... other mmos will become available over time.
  13. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Don't think that XcQ went unnoticed.
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

New feat categories:

Day Job Feats
    Crime Watch Feats
  15. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Not like stat points make an enormous difference above a certain limit unlike artifacts.
  16. Monkeyboy Committed Player

• DCUO offers elite duos and alerts for Renown for that special reward. Even in CoH it was a grind.
    • PVPVE - Player vs Player vs Environment
    PVPVE would be the first step in balancing PVP & PVE. They have the blueprint from 8v8s.
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I would like a DCUO that tries to go the way of a certain TESO, this last one has a really incredible content, both rich and varied, a content that evolves every year, a storyline that is much more present, incredible trailer videos for each new content, a housing or in my opinion, this last one is the most successful MMORPG, I would really like that the DCUO devs find this same kind of ambition as Elder Scrolls, I would really like to go through the DCUO universe in this sense, unfortunately, Daybreak stays too much on their assets and doesn't seem to have any ambition to make DC Universe Online evolve, yet there would be so much to do, we are still on a classic DLC formula and the devs are, in my opinion, too much focused on adding various "goodies", than trying to add major content and it's a real shame ..
  18. Patrick_Jones Level 30

despite the different dept. of devs asking in the forum,
    I agree with OP that we need "SOMETHING" for people to enjoy & spend time in it.

I used to play FF14 for almost 5-6 years.
    and YES, I know that's paid MMO and have different aspect/revenue in terms of size of the whole franchise...

but there are way many things you can enjoy in that game
    like there's not only grinding & end-game like any other MMOs,
    but also crafting, gathering,
    (not like DCUO, more like you go out to ocean and fishing
    then cook a dish based on what you gathered with changed skill load-out as your occupation)
    + based on leveling your blacksmith/armorer/goldsmith, you can repair for free anytime in anyplace

++ re-building some instanced map place based on lore (and changes after some episode)
    in this case, I would like to see the whole South Gotham un-bottled? if not soon-ish then but at some point?

I know some people don't really care about gathering or crafting
    but instead of 50-100 times of same boss grind, we could have some variety, maybe?
    also it would be a great way to improve QoL for repair, trip to vendor + more time spending with different likings..
  19. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Which is why it's been said why worry about doing feats if what they add up to doesn't really mean anything like it used to 11 years ago.
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Would you be willing to wait an entire year for a major update/new zone? And then have the instanced content drop every 3 months? I’m sure their development team would love it, but we actually get an equal amount or more content per year. We’re also FTP now whereas you have to buy the expansions in TESO. They also don’t have canon to follow whereas here there’s a little more rigidity for storylines. They do a lot of things well over there, I just don’t know if the formula would translate over 100%.
    • Like x 1