Challenge Or Cheese?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Sep 13, 2021.

1. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Is this what you're gonna do with all the STU alerts? Bunch of 1 shot cheese with no tells and OVERLY hitting hard? Captain Zul fight is op lol. There's an attack Ursa does im not seeing that has NO tell & is instant death. Its not her rotating laser beam, & we have the light generator destroyed. What am i missing?
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

What’s your combat tab say? Apparently that’s what you may be missing…;)
    • Like x 6
  3. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Oh i forgot you guys are smart ***** on here & you have to be very specific. Im asking how to avoid it or is it just death and you CANT avoid it. Enjoy your self satisfied retort and hopefully someone else can answer this question thank you.
    • Like x 4
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Sorry for the sarcasm, the point was your combat tab should tell you what attack killed you (You can activate it in your settings if you don’t currently have it for reference). I don’t know what “it” is…if you can provide that, I or someone else might be able to tell you how to avoid or respond to it.
    • Like x 5
  5. El Guapo Well-Known Player

So looks like its her heat vision, accept 1 is the spinning beam she does and 1 is just a straight 1 shot killer. OR its an inconsistent damage hv that the devs havent fixed.......im betting on the latter.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ursa never killed me so whatever it is, it is for sure avoidable.
    Zul fight is cake too, not sure what issues ur havin.
    You talking elite or reg?
    • Like x 1
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Keep all pets out, and shields rotating. The 1 shot is equivalent to the random arc lightening 1 shot from Weather Wizard in FVE, where it is likely the 1 shot would be directed at pets if they remain out. If by chance the 1 shot misses the pet, keep shields up just in case.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Astonishing, kryptonians use laser eyes. It makea s noise when they do it and it's visable. Move? When they do Skull attacks, don't be near them is a good tactic. Freeze breath rotated aoe. I think it's not being told through yellow test because it's older content and revisiting older content is not economically feaseable for the company. To the company bugs if fixed retaining new players is more expensive than adding a CR skip item in the login screen/avoiding marketplace screen captures? Now entering a new game phase, will old content be fixed (dcuo citrine mist)? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/follow-citrine-mists.228501/

9. BumblingB I got better.

I would say that he didn't miss it or it didn't miss him at least...
    • Like x 3
  10. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Its elite. I would never create this post for reg. She's 1 shotting me with heat vision attack & its not the half spin one. She does it way too often and it 1 shots. Theres NO tell, NO skull. Just 1 shot. Zul's AOE is ridiculous too, you have literally 1 second to get out of there but at least i can see him getting ready to put it out on the floor. This is my 1st run in PZE since the clamp & might be my last lol.
  11. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Ursa's attacks have no tells. There is no skull attack with her. Idk if they forgot to add a skull but its just eye beam and death, and im not talking about the one where she 180 spins.
    • Like x 1
  12. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Gotcha. The group i was with were good it wasnt like we were noobs. I remember the fight from back in the day but it looks like the devs overcompensated.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've been trying to lunge at bosses doing channeled attacks and have mostly been unable to interrupt them. Including and not limited to STU content bosses and CC bounty Flash and Black Lightning. Balancing the content to include counter mechanics is a long way from being completed imho. I'd only expect all bosses of group content are not balanced for counter mechanics and channeled attacks. QC is not on the execs minds since 2011. It's all about the licensed rare collectible DC card for an exec.
    • Like x 1
  14. NotMeMaybe Active Player

The mechanics are fine now, In the elite I don’t see anything broken like it was before the patch.

You have to pay attention of what the bosses are doing, and about Ursa she has a skull before her gun attack, we’ve been doing that with tank heal dps troll without any problem.

It just required focus certain powers like Amazonian deflection, a bit of communication, and a good tank good at countering.

Also when Ursa spins in the aire like Supergirl pay attention on that she can do a hard hitting attack after it.

For Non’ when he has his skull he is gonna charge a player then doe an aoe nSlam, then quickly charge a second player after that.

The way you do it after the skull, player 1 getting first charge block the charge tick then use Amazonian deflection instantly to survive aoe slam, then player 2 that will get the 2nd charge instantly use Amazonian deflection.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

go fight Black Lightning in CC for the bounty. I can solo him. The movements he does, instant and i wonder if he'll end up under the ground when he moves so quickly. Also Steel in Doomsday Metropolis. When the as fliers lunge, it's breaking expectations of what the game is capable of FPS. DX9.../shakefist@DX9

the STU alert.... boss pathing, has gotten stuck once and we KO'd him without him moving. Other times, the boss is delayed getting to a next location. Duck'n DX9. imho. Also had a trash mob npc get stuck behind a wall and kept us in combat status/not healing to full. We managed to KO the add behind a wall. Line of sight was an issue. I could clearly see the npc and yet I could not hit it. DCUO has line of sight issues. some CC orbs obstruct view to npc while others do not. I left in 2016 and am leaving again when this sub is over.

I don't believe they ever figured out how to handle holiday 1 dps per hit across precision and powered ability attacks, ever. Y can a power attack do no damage and a weapon attack does 1 damage per hit. Can't do seasonal stat clamp wioth years of the same stuff and now a global stat clamp, note expecting good results. Wishing for good results. +10 to devs. -15 to execs. from me.
  16. El Guapo Well-Known Player

17. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Thanks for the tips & info but my whole frustration & reason of the post is she wasnt showing any skulls. I was trying to kill her 1st. NO SKULLS. I was focused on her because she was more annoying than Zul.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hopefully there's nothing as cheesy or cheap in Family Reunion E. Good riddance to this trash lineup of Superman STU content.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Ursa is way more grief than Zod and somewhat Non. You'll probably wish you get her in the Zul fight than the Zod one and then you only got to contend with Non in the Zod fight. Good times
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Many players die, not from the heat vision itself, but from the flame pool it leaves behind. it is not always easy to see in the "heat" of battle. It is a good idea to move left or right immediately after being hit by the beam. I get hit with the beam ALOT (because I am slowwww!) and don't die from the initial beam.