Census character data down again? 2019 March 20

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by IonHero, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Berza Committed Player

Census is working again
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

No. The information available through the DCUO API was / is quite enough to cause significant problems in the wrong hands. If you wonder why people are cagey in this thread, it's to prevent recurrences, and giving new trolls ideas and ammunition.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the API is currently unavailable while this is addressed (if it even can be).
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'd like to know what sort of information one can find in the census that would be a "significant" problem.
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I agree that different people have different levels of sensitivity, but in this particular case it was with someone I used to know in person. I guess it was also back in that time when census showed last time login or something, quite a long ago.
    But even with random strangers virtual conflicts can be unpleasant for some.
    For example, Sore's Dcuolive could show character's last location which I know some people for stalking others in the game.

Even nowadays I know a few people who track certain characters on census and tease them about each gained skill point.
    Hell, I personally know one dude (wish I didn't) who uses Zonexus to check feats of people he knows and make fun of them because they don't have this and that completed. Not a tragedy, but still somewhat displeasing.
    Despite all of this, I'm glad census is back online and I can track my own characters again and help my friends with feats they don't have.
    • Like x 1