Celestial vs Nature discussion.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xJenovax, Dec 15, 2013.

1. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I am a Celestial healer but originally Nature healer. I stopped playing on my main about the time Last Laugh DLC came out. Took a long overdue vacation and now I came back a little bit after Sons of Trigon DLC. I decided to make a hero and try Celestial Healer out.

I have success and am capable of solo healing Dox(100CR 101 SP). What the purpose of this thread is, I wanna see what experienced or just anybody for that matter has to say about Nature compared to Celestial? I like Celestial I have fun playing it but sometimes the combos and all that do take time to cast, which can result in the death of a teammate OR my own death being caught by one shots while in the middle of combos. Just use the PvP trinket one might suggest, while in cooldown you could still be vulnerable to being too slow to keep somebody alive OR yourself.

I am not saying it's too common and Celestial is incapable if being a long term power. I am just expressing Celestial does take sometimes too long. Nature from what I remember was pretty fast. I seem to go through alot of power with Celestial as well.

Will be looking forward to what kinda opinions and facts that might find themselves in this thread. I am not against hearing opinions on Sorc and Lightning Healing but my mind seems pretty set on Nature or Celestial.
  2. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I would also like to add, it's pretty common I join Dox pugs and they are pretty hesitant to let me solo heal as Celestial. I have gotten a few man you surprised me or wow I didn't think you could do it. When I was apart of a league called Regime for a short while even some of them doubted my ability to solo it as Celestial. It just really seems like Nature just might be the better choice. I will wait till I get some discussion going though amongst fellow healers or players that are familiar with the powers.

I should of put in topic HEALING as that is all I am really interested in as far as the discussion. Only the HEALING aspect.
  3. Superkootje Well-Known Player

Well I have a Sorc healer that is CR 76.
    Sorc healing is Ok, but that's it.
    My villain nature healer which is cr 52 something seems to be better at healing, not in stats (yet) but it's easier to heal.
    My main is a CR 96 DPS and I have a few friends that are nature and they all prefer nature over celestial (yes they've tried celestial).
    It seems that celestial is a hard-to-learn powerset, but if you can master it, it's very good, aside from the combo-times as you've allready mentioned.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

celestials getting some really nice fixes to its healing abilities after gu32..so id say wait til people start trying those out before deciding anything whether you like one over the other
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

in case you are wondering what the changes are
    • Divine Light, while in healer role, will now target group members instead of allies for the initial placement of the healing glyphs. This prevents one of your group members and their pets getting more than one glyph. Also the power cost in healer role was reduced from 450 to 325 (only healer role).
    • Retribution's power cost has been increased.
    • Wither's animation has been adjusted to allow you to start weapon attacks earlier.
    • Cleansed Wither's animation has been sped up which has reduced the amount of damage dealt.
    • Cleansed Blight will now heal you and up to 7 group members while in healer role.
    • Consume Soul's first tick of healing has been increased and one more tick has been added overall.
    • Cleansed Curse will now heal you and up to 3 group members over time when the target is knocked out.
    • Cleansed Deathmark will now heal you and up to 3 group members when the target is knocked out.
    • Cleansed Malediction will now heal you and up to 7 group members equal to a portion of the damage dealt.
    • Corrupted Benediction will now heal you and up to 7 group members equal to a portion of the damage dealt to enemies from your weapon or Celestial combos.
    • Celestial: Anoint now buffs your Precision by a percentage, rather than by a flat amount.
    • Like x 2
  6. Phil Miller Committed Player

CR 100 and 101 SP's.....smh.....
  7. RawR New Player

Celestial is not difficult. At first it may seem like it, but it is much easier than people think. Another thing is the combos, as a healer there is only one combo I use and that is Admonish to Blight. Depending on how I use my power points I may use other combos giving the situation. You can heal with out combo perfectly fine. I think people are focusing on the combos too much. You can always heal the normal way first.
    • Like x 4
  8. compasionate grenade Committed Player

^ like RawR said, dont focus too much on the combos. Its situational.
    • Like x 2
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Most people just suck. Nature is better for those crappy players that can't heal with any other power. In the hands of a very skilled player celestial can pump out the same healing numbers plus the higher damage, and it's only going to get better after the update.
    • Like x 1
  10. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I out heal many different kinds of healers including nature, my MAIN concern will be the PvP aspect. I am worried about doing the combos with 2-4 people jumping on you at all times. Sure you don't have to do the combos the heals are decent without the combos but I am pretty sure to get the full heal's potential off requires the combo, mainly Admonish into cleansed Blight. I very much understand Celestial and heal pretty good with it. I jus think Nature is faster, not saying better at this point in time.

Anybody know what the Nature healing changes will be?
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I'm able to get the combos off more than I thought I would.
  12. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Hmm. In PvP? When I face players that know how to play I am getting pressured so hard that sometimes it interrupts my Blight cleansed combo
  13. Poetic Play Committed Player

Nature isn't getting much changed with healing... The only noticable thing is that Harvest will be non-interuptable now and not steal the Poison Spores from DPS. Also that Bloom is getting altered to be easier to use... So it will do little ticks and then a big heal at the end but faster and knock enemies back a good distance, so like Ionic Drain.

Most the changes to Nature will be Damage changes.
  14. Radium Devoted Player

Thats the downside.

Celestial is amazing for large group PvP and people know this.

Its a power that can put out great heals and a decent amount of damage so you pretty much have a big target on you.
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

??
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I find celestial more engaging. I love the battle healer stuff.

Nature I always felt it was too easy, to the point that the only hard thing was catching the odd big spike damage. While that isn't hard at all, it was just so easy most of the time that I'd lose focus and end up missing that burst damage.

So I much prefer Celestial personally.

The new Sorc looks nice as well.
  17. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Celestial is the most op power in the game it's crazy how good this power is
  18. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Well I switched back to NAture to try it guys. WOW is all I have to say. I knew there was a reason Nature was my first love.
    • Like x 2
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

nah...

ill admit it hits hard..but the hard hitting stuff is all stationary... and most raids in the game (aside from t5, dox nex) are not raids where you can be very stationary when you have gadgets and hard light dps' those powers are better in melee then celestial if celestial cant just stay in one spot and spam retribution..its on part with hard light and gadgets...
  20. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I don't understand...

Also wanna add thank you to all who have joined in the discussion.
    • Like x 1