Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Burnt New Player

Since the max dam mod came out should we still be using bene in our loadouts? I was under the impression that it only boosted weapon damage. Using a weapon with celestial now isn't needed anymore, correct? What am I missing?
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Benediction confers a +10% crit chance to both weapon and ability attacks.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

It's always bothered me that they included a might finisher in an obviously precision heavy powerset. Even with DP, the damage isn't that great.
  4. ez7 Troller New Player

I always read the description as the 10% crit chance only occurs when you combo into malediction?
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

^ This. I mean with whirling dervish and Phase Dodge it was doing alright. But the nerfs to those excluded it entirely
    I just hate the fact Celestial has the worst might damage of the prec powersets.
    Rage, Earth, HL have a much more balanced might to prec damage ratio.
    It's sad really... if they are gonna make a might finisher, make the might damage hit for something worth while..
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Nope. You get it with the cast. You can also get it on the combo from Mal to Bene, but Bene gives it to you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

I actually like that it's so precision heavy. It's truly risk-reward. If you miss your combo, the damage stinks. That's what WM should have been, honestly. I think they should make Defile a precision finisher. Might burst with second precision burst on targets under 35%. Replace DP with something else.
  8. Xzotix Committed Player

Finally figured out what I think the issue is.
    I was testing RcC as a DPS power... It's really not.
    Not sure of the terminology but with this loadout:

Anoint
    Benediction (cMal if boss)
    Plague cDivine Light
    Renew cCurse
    Retribution cWither

You get the first tick (crit) and it the rest are in the 75 crit range with my current gear around cr 102 (wish they would fix a way to see the cr of your alt when you switch armory.) Couldn't get the 1 crit to show again. But 75 might as well be 1.
    Also you get the initial hit from RcC and the aura but that's about it. A few precision ticks not worth it, no crits.
    Also switched RcW for ScH, ScH was normal. But as noted you don't get much from RcC.
    Wondering how this would affect a Celestial DPS if a healer was using this?
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

On dummies, RcC is wonky. I don't think it always works or it's some type of delayed effect. You are right, it is meant to be a healer ability and I use it for healing a lot due to free damage and free HoT. Truly, CcR is a DPS ability. When paired with Malediction, you get healing, which causes extra damage with CcR. However, it's the idea that you are loading might damage as opposed to prec.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Starbrand was wrecking shop with RcC.

And if you want, you can use CcR make sure you use it on bosses and combo Benediction into cMalediction.
    The two powers literally feed off each other. Plus every time you get healed, cRenew makes the cursed target take damage.
    Not a bad trade off imo

EDIT: in healer role I use it. Both you and the dps benefit from it. Malediction cBenediction also makes RcC tick.
    I do RcW and DLcP and im hitting Resto cap 4 times out of 6.
    • Like x 3
  11. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks, I haven't tried CcR. I'll give that a go.
  12. Xzotix Committed Player

You're battle healing, right?
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Here's the deal with Curse. Curse does one tick of burst damage followed by up to 11 additional ticks over the next 11 seconds (one per second), if that target is attacking. The regular version gives might damage, and the Cleansed version gives precision damage. With the combo of RcC, all you get for damage are the cCurse precision burst and potential ticks. With CcR, you get the might burst and potential ticks, as well as up to 6 precision ticks over the first 6 seconds (one per second). These precision ticks are only if you are receiving heals.

Technically, there is more potential damage done by CcR, but the problem is that most of the damage in both cases is dependent on either the target attacking or you receiving heals. If the target stops attacking or is attacking too slowly or if you're not receiving heals or your health is already at max, the potential ticks won't be there. This makes Curse and it's combos not very reliable for DPS.

Now, there is currently a bug, which I confirmed with spord, that activates all of the Curse or cCurse potential ticks when either Malediction or cMalediction are active. It works with any combination of the two abilities (RcC & Mal, RcC & BcM, etc.). You can test this on the sparring targets. Curse or cCurse alone will only give you the initial burst. Having Malediction or cMalediction active will result in "double ticks," which are just the potential Curse or cCurse ticks being triggered. It's evidently been present since the powerset launched. This will be fixed. The only intended interaction between Curse and Malediction is if you have CcR and McB running, you can do precision damage to heal yourself with McB, which then causes additional precision damage to the Cursed target. Essentially, you're triggering a second tick of damage through your damage based heals.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

When is the fix coming?
    And great. It will be pooey again!
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That explains the wonkiness I was seeing. I thought it was just a sparring target issue. However, we would not need to combo Mal into Bene as Mal heals the player and CcR work on healing the player receives not the group.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

I've played all heals except for celestial. Do the most experienced healers consume alot of power when solo healing and why? Also, why would a celes healer blow his bar when everyone is full? Some type of prebuff for heals or what?
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Usually Celestial healers never move past 40% in power even in bad situations if they know what to do.
    Im a former cel player and most of the time i was 72%-95% full while keeping a team up.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Oh ya?
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did Lockdown with only 5500 Resto and I was no lower than 40% unless a lot of people start dropping due to special attacks, etc.

To answer your question, they are probably trying to "battle heal." However, I've seen other healers blow their power bar because they don't know what they are doing, i.e. instant healing everyone instead of putting a HoT up.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes but only if they know what to do. I run into celestial players that blow through their bar like dps on a regular.