Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AzraelR Committed Player

I read the last posts and it seems that the loadout you guys are using is focusing on skills and not on weapon mastery. That makes no sense today.

First: The Celestial skills are slow.
    Second: Even the skills of Celestial doing strong damage, Weapon Mastery combo is even greater.
    Third: If the Celestial skills approaches from Weapon Mastery damage still will not compensate because you don't spend power with WM.

The only way this works are the Celestial skills (considering they are rather slow and should have high damage due this) is still taking damage higher than the Weapon Mastery, but it will never happen...

So there is no reason to be using a lot of atack skills. Staying using Malediction> Benediction or something like Plague> Divine Light does not work, because like I said, Weapon Mastery combo outweighs the damage of these skills and the time it takes you to run them, I make a Weapon Mastery and the damage exceeded them.

You need to use a long weapon mastery. Or shield (hold 4) or Bow> Dual Pistol (I use this) and at the end of the combo, use a dot, + trinket buffs to get bonus and increment the next attack from weapon mastery. That's it.
  2. blklightning New Player

You miss the entire premise of this recent discussion... that is:

Not everyone wants to be stuck using ONLY weapon mastery to deal decent damage.

WM loadouts, until GU40 are... boooooring. Buff, WM, 50% modifer spam. See a billion Robot Sidekicks? That's cuz there are not enough powers good enough to fill a WM loadout. With the Max Damage mod, this will change. What does not change is the fact that some people want to master the Advanced Mechanics, as there will come a day when AM is on par, or better, than WM.
    • Like x 9
  3. AzraelR Committed Player

What? Max Damage is already in the game. And you are sure that things will change with this mod? I have played several T6 instances with this mod, only to find (in the end) that the loadout I used before (focused on WM) is even better. So unfortunately no, almost nothing has changed for Celestial.
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

R
    Remanders statistics say different.
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I think a lot of the misconception is seeing the large crits from WM combos. Those large crits aren't every time. When I use DW to Bow, most of the numbers are more in the 3-4k range. I was honestly surprised, when I tested 1-H to HB against RcW, that, even without Max Damage, RcW wasn't actually that far behind in effective DPS and it jumped ahead significantly with Max Damage. Now 1-H to HB isn't as high DPS as DW to Bow, but from what I saw last night in Necro, I think RcW with Max Damage is comparable to DW to Bow.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

Maybe your right with DW to Bow, but what about bow to full auto dual pistols? The range is awsome , so you can hit targets with WM where RcW and ScH cant hit. Thats the main question for me.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, according to Shiny Mackerel's numbers, Bow to DP is lower DPS than DW to Bow:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...o-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/#post-2643335

Even if you can hit more targets, keep in mind that damage splits after 2, so the most you can do is twice your single target damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. blklightning New Player

I've been waiting a very long time for your WM blinders to fall off. Finally!!!
    • Like x 2
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Gotta say, it sure was nice to get back into just using the Celestial combos. I was honestly a bit rusty on that run, so I missed a good number of them. By the end, I was getting back into the rhythm, though. My favorite part was kicking that revolting Robot Sidekick off my bar!
    • Like x 4
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My loadout, through no empirical testing, rather what I want and have observed will be: WcR, RcW, R(cC), B(cM), Anoint, CI.

To me, Supercharges are meant for mobs, so the idea is that I will use Bene, Anoint, CI, WcR then 2H>Arrow Storm. For solo Target, it will be RcC, BcM, Anoint and RcW spam.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

Maybe yes when you look at the base stats. Bow to pistols has 5 ticks, every tick can hit with 3-4k dmg and there are always 2-3 crit. hits, sometimes all are crits.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

You can't look at it like that. That's exactly why people end up thinking one is better than the other. Look at DW to Bow vs RcW. Looking at the numbers flying, you'd assume the former is faster and hits harder. That's false.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

your right if you compare RcW with Dw to Bow or HB to Bow, then RcW looks better, but if i compare RcW with Bow to dual pistols full auto then i would say Bow to dual pistols are better. + I can get the 450 precision from the neck mod.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Bow to DP Full Auto takes 3.2 seconds, and you get 1.6 hits on the hit counter per second. DW to Bow takes 2.4 seconds, and you get 0.8 hits per second. You need to get the hit counter to at least 10, in order to activate the mod. That means you need 2 full Bow to DP combos (6.4 seconds) before the mod becomes active and 5 full combos (12 seconds) for DW to Bow. So, I agree that Bow to DP would activate the mod more quickly. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Lady Thren New Player

Still, that neck mod is a waste... considering how many times we can get interrupted for instance. The Might neck mod is better despite the fact that we do so little Might damage.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lady Thren New Player

Remy, I have a request!

Recently, my hands have been hurting very badly due to hella combos we have to spam as Cels (Plague's long combo :'[ ). I was wondering if you could find a DPS loadout that uses DW-Bow WM and minimizes the amount of combos we have to do. Even if it means sacrificing DL from my loadout (I use for STs like bosses).

I prefer powers I can spam without comboing them. Just like I do in my Battle Healer role, I only combo 2 out of the 6 I use & 1 of those 2 is an optional combo. :)

Crunch the #s and let me know what you find!
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I am still doing graphs for the healing part with Max Damage.. Celestial Battle Healers will probably be pleased.
    also in DPS im trying Dark Pact once again..
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Best might abilities, as far as actual damage per second goes appear to be: Smite, Retribution, and Defile (only as finisher) for single target; WotP and Admonish for multi target. Not really any good ranged multi target, unfortunately.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, you could just go with one combo (PcDL or DLcP), Benediction, Anoint, CI, Robot Sidekick, and WM combos. I did that for a long time. It works.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That's exactly what I was using.
    they are unfortunately the only options.
    Even though the damage is still lacking even with DP, MD/EM mods,Nitro Soda and WM Crit Window....
    it was purely for inquisitive purpose though