Celestial No Good as Endame Healer?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Great Architect, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Tonight I have been booted from three Raids (before we even started) because "Celestial is $#!*% for healing". I offered to switch to DPS for one of them, and got even more laughs. I know why the second occurred - Celestial does not DPS well unless you are rigged for the raid, and clip well. It's the bane of being a back-loaded powerset, But I've never heard those criticisms towards Celestial Healing.

Where does this attitude towards Celestial come from? I'm sure it's the best, and certainly the most versatile Healing power in the game.

So why the hate all of a sudden? 210 syndrome? Or something I'm missing? I can solo heal the alert with no tank, no problem, and was able to run Elite up until this week. Now I'm shut out of even Normal, FFS?
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

*Endgame, obv.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Pugs r u know the word. Cele healing is fine 4 elite raids
    • Like x 4
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Celestial is just fine. Whoever booted you either had some really bad celestial healers recently, is just an idiot... or both.
    • Like x 6
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I've never heard that before puggys smh.
  6. E Clip Dedicated Player

Its not the best healing powerset, water and electricity are better imo, but it can heal any content. You wont be topping charts as a dps against good players who are playing the OP powersets at the moment, but its certainly not bad. I've never seen anyone getting to boot for playing Cele or any other powerset for that matter, so I guess like Darth Piper says, either they had bad experience with Celestial players or just idiots.
    • Like x 2
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

Well out of the best solo-heal players i know on elite end-game content they all play celestial and celestial dps is very strong aswell but mainly cause of prec spec i guess ...
    • Like x 1
  8. QuantumFlange Active Player

Best healing power in my opinion. Able to solo all elite content with it...
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Here's a little tip that people tend to misconstrue: you can strtegically place combos to increase your healing.

Both the priority heal and the shield have a combo where you place a curse on a target and ONCE IT DIES it heals the group.

When your group is fighting adds, target the one dying ans simply do the combo on the add.

That and your clipping is also important
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I thought Celestial was at the top when it came to healing?
    • Like x 2
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

It is, just the skill gap causes issues for ppl who don't know when to combo or what to use for the matter. The other two mentioned have a much less skill gap that is based on "is it on cooldown or not" for the average joe healer. You can do just fine with any of them.
    • Like x 4
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes - and the priority heal combo actively damages the target when it attacks.

This is what I meant about it being versatile. I think only Water outclasses it as a Combat Heal power, but Water lags on straight heals.

Curse is massively underrated in straight DPS role, too.
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yes, yes, yes! The three most important combos you can use while Celestial healing:

Admonish (4-man heal) -> cleansed Blight (8-man Heal Over Time)
    Blessing (4-man shield) -> cleansed Death Mark (you + 3 nearby get healed when target dies)
    Renew (priority heal) -> cleansed Curse (you + 3 others get healed when target dies)

And as you said, target an add that's about to die... or is easy to kill. Now, in some elite raids that may be a lot harder... Crown Elite, for example... where you aren't killing adds. Judicious use of shields (Blessing and Sacrifice) can help a lot. You also have the best range of any of the healing powers. Divine Light (or Virtuous Light... whatever they're calling it now) can reach the far tank while you stay near the group... so if you have Eye of Gemini you will then help by providing yet another Heal Over Time as well as some Supercharge building.
    • Like x 1
  14. E Clip Dedicated Player

Its got a nice burst, especially when it crits, but it has such a limited application in content that its not worth keeping it on the loadout. The damage ticks when adds/bosses attack the tank are sporadic and very small. When I need a quick ST burst I use Divine Light or Consume Soul.
    • Like x 2
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Apparently we have different concerns, or ways to play. That's fine - I rate Curse and you do not :). I listened to what you said, but I don't feel that it has limited application for me. I'm not sure I could, would, or should convince you otherwise. I'd maybe ask you to try it, and see how powerful it is.
    • Like x 1
  16. E Clip Dedicated Player

Sure man im open to suggestions. When I decide what powers to use, I dont have opinions based on preferences, Im a data driven player, so the only way to convince me is to show me that its better than the alternatives. So my question is: how do you incorporate it in a rotation and in which scenarios?
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

Some suprising figures, I think you will find...

If I can't find the spreadsheet, I'll reproduce the data over the next couple of days.

As for where it fits in a rotation, that depends on your build - and particularly if you take advantae of decreased cooldowns form Gear Mods.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I always kinda worry when I go into an alert with one, because they seem to generate aggro even faster than other healers. But I don’t snub them for it, and it shouldn’t be a factor at all in raids if everything goes okay.
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

Cool, now you peaked my interest. Please share your findings/data when you get the chance.
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

people are stupid that's the only reason for any exclusion.
    • Like x 2