CELESTIAL movements?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Jan 15, 2016.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Is it me or does every move celestial have seem to be vulnerable to interrupt.. Bad enough the cast times are long winded animations, but once i pull aggro with all this beasty damage:p , i cant seem to get going again. Bcuz every casting of celestial powers i do adds or bosses will just lunge me while in animation. Forcing me to breakout, forcing me to start over my AM, just to get lunged again and interrupted again and spending power breaking out again. Ultimately losing more power than im supposed to

1)Why arent ALL these moves labelled vulnerable to interrupt?

2) When is DC going to get rid of stationary attacking? Meaning this feeling of being locked into place every time you cast a power. Similar to ICE and fire, games are now headed towards, a sticking , and moving style of gameplay.
    Im pretty sure that was one of the motives to make atomic tanking aggressive. This feeling of casting powers and stayin in one spot is dull. Not all the powers in the power tree should be movement free but i would like to move around using my toons while fighting similar to ice and fire..
    • Like x 1
  2. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Please see the other complaint thread on Celestial for your answers.
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

refer me.. currently at work..
  4. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Celestial combos can be jump-cancelled after every input. It can be quite mobile.
    • Like x 1
  5. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Usee Shadow Concoctions...they will detaunt your enemys...then begin burn

I have a celestial healer so I completely understand. The animations are slower in instances than they are in open world or when not in instance
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

jumpin after animations is not jump cancelling.. Jump cancellin has been dead for over a year. this still doesnt do a thing after mobs are already on your butt lunging you..
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No you can't jump cancel combos but you can jump around during combo inputs without breaking the AM. If you're flight it works better in movement mode. After your initial hit, press X and whatever direction you want to go after you press the required button for the combo input, your toon will move in that direction during input animation. It doesn't break the combo or AM.

Note though this requires a lot of practice and hinders your damage a little due to reduced clipping speed.
    • Like x 1
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I was referring to "being locked into place every time you cast a power". You're not; you can jump during an animation and begin moving (slowly) while the animation plays out as you go into the next input. It's effective, especially with AcB, BcA, CScWotP and WotPcCS as they already bounce you a bit into the air.

As for being lunged, I recommend blocking.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

If you have flight you can freely move while casting combos at the same time.
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Try Combos using Skimming
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't miss skimming lol
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

tbh im not a fan either, but u can move so much easier with that one imo
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

to be honest you guys are finding loop holes.. all i just want is the freedom to use FULL movement during cast times..
  14. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

15. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Sorry to say but jump canceling isn't done for everything. I still have to in my rotation as gadgets and fear gas. Though they did change EMP timing which I don't have to, it doesn't make up for unexpected situations.

But in saying that, a game that promotes action combat should be a bit more mobile.
    • Like x 1