Celestial Healer - Blessing glitched

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by blklightning, Oct 27, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

This was pointed out by a user in the Celestial thread in Oracle's Database. I made video to prove his point.

The effect/animation from Blessing disappear after casting a few combos well within the 15s duration of the shield. In his, and my example, he cast Blessing, AcB, RcW, A... and poof... Blessing disappeared.

I also looked at Current Effects to confirm that the benefits of the shield are actually gone, even though 15s have not even come close to passing.

• Like x 10
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Any word on this?
    • Like x 1
  3. CerberusT Well-Known Player

This made blessing fail me in dox. :(
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, it's very annoying.
  5. CerberusT Well-Known Player

No kidding. It got to the point where I threw up blessing and didn't use any combos in order to try and squeeze out the full affect. I may try to switch it out until they correct it.

We still need some kind of response on where they are with this issue though.
  6. Zuse Loyal Player

does this bug apply on the 4 ppl that are blessed or just the celestial user that spawned the blessing

i should test this
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

I think it's only the caster, but honestly, I haven't paid much attention to it recently.
  8. Zuse Loyal Player

i think ive seen when in paradox i would lose the shield a lot earlier then the rest and i would not even be taking any damage

anyway i sometimes use the shield only as a self heal if i got knocked down or if i get killed
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep. It's really just an annoyance. If I need the shield, I just avoid comboing, until it's safe to lose it. I'm usually more interested in shielding others than myself, anyway.
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

true true...

it can be replaced with retribution or wither...but i tend to have it since its a really nice self heal when i am revived and the cleansed deathmark is nice too when having a lot of adds so u just add cDM and when adds a killed then heal...but that's pretty much the only reason i like the blessing...wish they fix this bug though
  11. shiny mackerel Committed Player

I posted this in another thread where blklightning brought it up:

They don't cancel Focused Restoration anymore but still do for Blessing. So all you have to do when you cast Blessing is to not use Admonish/Blight/Cleansed Blight/Consume Soul too many times in 15 sec if you're being mobbed by adds or something.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Thanks for the info, Shiny. That helps. Still needs to be fixed, but that will help in avoiding the shield break until it is.
  13. Mick Nugget New Player

I use it on purpose do a simultaneous shieldburst/instant simultaneous reshield of corrupted blessing's sheild.. gotta admit it took a ton of trial and error to be able to do it correctly.

Try it while timing deathmark/cblessing into the right sequence of the combo chain and you'll see what Im talking about, but you have to do a specific rotation or the sheild just bursts without the new one going right back up right away... can still resheild one a second later but if you do it right its all instant. the animation looks beast you see the purple sheild explode while the new one shoots up around you all at the same time.

nice way to purposely explode your sheild (hitting the other guy for big damage) in pvp and frustrate the other guy cuz a new one goes right back up instantaneously.

I hate giving away secrets but that one might help get some pvpers ready to get some pvp "fairness" (lol nerf) implemented. But it does suck for healing so I hope it helps :)

+1'd
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Well glad to know I'm late on this lol but the same thing haooened to me...
    Took me awhile to adjust without it. And resorted to the one thing I hate...ret/wither spam.

Well at keast everyone stayed alive
  15. blklightning New Player

I posted this over 2 months ago. It immediately disappeared from the AA thread and I could only find it by the link I had posted in another comment.

I'm glad to know that it's finally public.

Thanks for voting on it!
  16. Fighter Well-Known Player

Please fix for those of us that have stuck with Celestial Battle healing! Thanks!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Any green name care to comment on this? There's been no indication that anyone is actually listening. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. blklightning New Player

Ya know... this is STILL not showing up in the forum list. I don't get it.

Will one of you be so kind as to create a new bug post w/ or w/o my exact text; and, of course, link the vidoe?

Devs probably haven't even read this. Blerg.

EDIT - I just emailed this to Spord.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, they have it set up so the threads are prioritized by the number of thumbs up they get, so it's easy for one to get buried. Personally, I don't like that approach. Direct contact with Spord will probably get farther than posting in here.
  20. blklightning New Player

Well that's just plain silly of them. How can people possible see new threads if they get so mixed into the voting-prioritized jumble? Poor use of resources, methinks.