Celestial Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hussler, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Which is why I said either the Damage of c/Wither or the power cost of Retribution needed to be adjusted, not both. Sure HL, Gadg, and other powers can put out some significantly high numbers as well but you can't tell me that it requires more effort for a Celestial to do the same. The ease of application for the Celestial Dps's damage is astounding. I'm not saying that DPS'ing as ANY power is hard, but Celestial really doesn't require much effort for the damage puts out using R > c/wither. A simple 1-2 punch back to back to back with a D >c/plague every now and then is the norm I see, which is really funny to me because Celestial has a lot of other great combos to use. I'm not sure if it was you or the other guy that said it but Celestial, as is right now, shouldn't have any issues beating a HL, Quantum, or Gadg Dps in Nexus or Paradox.

This isn'a about HL/Gadg being "Supreme" again. I'd very much so prefer they buff my other favorite power sets (Sorc, Elec, Fire) versus bringing other power sets back down in line. I don't support nerfs but I do see where some are justified since they clearly do not decide to "buff" power sets anymore.[/quote]
  2. Frankzilla Committed Player

Everyone talks hl and gadgets but you know what a good mental user right up there a good quantum can hang around. there isn't many but there is a few sorc dps that been the power set forever that figured out how to put up a fight. My point is its the user not the power when it comes to most hl gad mental even sorc, there are tons of hl user ive ran with at the end of raid they ask my rotation or my stats. I beat a hl user yesterday who has 1611 prec mines 1453. But celestial on the other hand has been many ppls crutch for the past few months and now they are upset they may have to stand on their own two feet now. My suggestion stop power hopping find a power you like animations mechanics and practice cause I got a feeling yall are gonna see an abundance of low skilled hl dps watch and see. But dont ask me for my rotation all ill give you is a LOL.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If dcuo ever make a raid the dps can melee safely, cele will be far behind. If cele was released instead of earth, no one would have been complaining because the cele dps spamming powers in the back would have done good dmg, but wouldn't be in first place against a good dps and against a gad/ice he would prolly get doubled. I see in the current content it needed an adjustment, but I don't think all the content will be like the t5 raids. What kills me is most of the players who are qq about cele being op is the hl community and they should feel ashamed not vindicated
  4. Frankzilla Committed Player

Your wrong about that sir the only reason ppl think celestial cant melee is because they forgot they have a weapon.
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

wrong about what? Aren't you one of the hl user who have been asking for the cele nerf, because you use to beat your friends, they switched powers and started to beat you? If players were using cele like they do now and cele was released when earth was, players wouldn't be asking for a nerf, you prolly would, but the good dps wouldn't
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I can assure you that just isn't true. The damage from HL combos are average at best. There is a reason why you must spam and clip everything.
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

AcB is the hardest hitting dot in the game.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm not doubting that, what im saying is if cele was released around when t4 was cele wouldn't be the top dps power at that time
  9. Ogat New Player

The thing is you're able to do the spam at crazy speeds :>where as Celestial combos have an inmovable barrier put on them in the form of the breach phase no matter how fast you are your retribution will always take 1.8 secs at it's fastest for instance, thats almost twice the length of a HL clip, also there's no phantom nades for celestial there are ways to add them but they result in double or tripple power in.

True enough :)
    • Like x 1
  10. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I was referring to his statement on how "HL combos are stronger that mental and other powers. They don't you can just hit them all fast. Other power sets are slower but stronger.
  11. lanternknight Committed Player

Exactly. Celestial in a lower content where things die faster will get out damaged by quick burst damage users. RETcWIT does not produce enough damage to kill things faster than other powers. PcDL and DLcP does, but those combos are slow. Meaning by the time the combo is finished the target is either dead or close to it.

The thing is that people complain just to complain. The 1st complaint I saw about celestial being OP was from a HL dps. He said that he was HL and that someone out damaged him, who never out damaged him before that person switched to celestial. So, he said elestial had to be OP since that person out damaged him. How idiotic is that?

Then the lemmings joined in on the nerf posts as they always do even if something isn't OP. They complained it doing to much damage. Then they said it wasn't the damage that made it OP, but the power to damage ratio that made it OP. Showing they are just trying to look for something to complain about.

Damage: Using retribution/wither combo only will not top the charts. Unless the other dps are under geared or less skilled. It also drains power faster just spamming it. Plus the damage has to reflect the risk. This powerset is the only power that can be interrupted during each cast of its combo for no damage. The more inputs needed for the combo the more risk and the more damage it should do. Which is how this power is. Admonish c Blight does more damge than Retribution c Wither. Plague c Divine Light and Divine Light c Plague, does more damage than the other two.

Power consumption. Retribution c Wither is the main power drainer because it is one of the fast combo spammers. Now if you add PcDL or DLcP, they are so slow that at least two pot ticks come in during the combo process, plus the power dumps from both trollers. So the slow combo with the constant power coming in during the combo always keeps the bar full. It also breaks up the spamming of Retribution c Wither. Powersets that have to spam quick burst damage moves to do damage are naturally going to drain way more power than celestials damage rotation.

HL has the same issue of damage to power ratio compared to a might based powerset, like Mental. HL can do power ram combo into snap trap use power snap trap combo into fan. That is four powers with only the power usage of two. Compared to Mental using Telekinetic Bolt, Mass Terror, Menace, and Thought Bubble. Four powers used with the cost of four powers. Showing that HL can also do damage at less of a power cost than a might based power. Not to mention HL can do an infinite combo with only the cost of one power.
  12. lanternknight Committed Player

Really? So why is it that a HL user can out damage a mental user with less power used? I was HL for awhile. I would run regal hotel to test my rotations. I noticed I put out more damage for less power with HL light than I did with my might based powers.

You must be a HL user because you are defending it. See how you are defending your power trying show that it isn't OP. Even though it always top the charts before celestial came out. People even posted in how OP it must be because everyone was switching to it. Now celestial is out and everyone forgot about HL. Get ready though. Once Celestial gets nerfed and HL is always back on top, what do you think will happen next? The same thing that is happening to Gadgets Photon Blast.
  13. lanternknight Committed Player

It has nothing to do with the weapon. It has to do with interrupts. To melee with celestial you have to be able to get your melee moves off before being interrupted. That is why they would get out damaged. Think of it like doing Fireburst for every encounter and getting interrupted doing. During that interrupt for damage the other dps will be putting out a steady stream of damage. That is why Celestial excels at range dps. Less chance of being interrupted. I do more damage with Gadgets in alerts than I do with Celestial.
  14. lanternknight Committed Player

If you don't get interrupted.
  15. lanternknight Committed Player

Claw hold claw, ram into whip thrash, power snap trap into fan will lower a sparring dummy's health more, faster, and for less power than mental casting telekinetic bolt, mass terror, menace, pyrokeneisis, and thought bubble.

You want to say Celestial needs a nerf whatever go ahead. But, don't make it seem like HL isn't stronger than other powersets
  16. chaotic3430 Committed Player

AcB into melee weepon combo is awesome. Try BcM, leap attack, AcB, melee combo.
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If you had the ability to read you would see that in my sig it says I'm a mental dps. I rarely get out damaged in T5 by a HL player and the only ones that can are the ones that I know that are grade A top of the line HL dps, and trust me they use a LOT of power. Everyone else falls by the way side. I will get out damaged in lower content with the exception of prime, but honestly who cares about lower content, I can put down my controller to get a drink come back and the raid is done.

While it is true that those powers use slightly less power than the average mental power, they don't do nearly as much damage by themselves. Also there are rotations that can be just as fast as HL and since they naturally do more damage... think about it. I really hope you aren't mental and just saying all this based of what you have seen, otherwise I think you may want to get a power respec token.

PS. I never said celestial needs a nerf, I also never said HL was stronger than the other power sets. Don't start an argument by outting words into someone's mouth.
  18. KALEL18 Well-Known Player

NOOBS ALWAYS CRYING, GET SOME SKILL POINTS AND SKILL BEFORE CRYING ABOUT A CERTAIN POWER TYPE. HAVING 80 SP IS NEVER GOING TO OUT DPS A 143 (MINIMUM NEEDED TO BE A FAIR DPS ) DPS. LEARN YOUR ROLE AND HUNT FOR SP'S/FEATS. DONT BE CRYING TO DEV'S ABOUT HOW WEAK YOU ARE.. "NOOB'S"
  19. Geek ManXY New Player

Listen, I get you think you're smart but the thing is, the Celestial that out DPS me had LESS SP than I did, I know this because it's my Wife. She was not geared as well, she didn't have the mods I had, and she didn't have the SP I had yet she still beat me by a lot and since I know it's not my lack of skill it means her Celestial is OP. Now maybe you can understand that.
  20. BrownMamba New Player

Your the same person that posted on the testing forum that Celestial didn't get enough of a nerf. I think you're delusional about your skill level.