Celestial Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hussler, Nov 14, 2013.

1. LordAnilation New Player

And btw my game is up homie come and see whenever you like pvp pvp whatever you want dude I'll show u especially pvp
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

So let me get this straight. I you're saying only people who don't think it's op are celestial, meaning you are saying I'm a celestial dps, when I'm not. Then you follow up with a challenge? If I'm celestial would by your logic mean it's an automatic win, and if I'm not celestial how is that relevant?
  3. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

He must not have read your sig lol.
  4. PhantomLore New Player

funny thing is i'm not even celestial hahaha.. I see other powers out dps celestial even if the celestial user know what they are doing its not op its easy to use silly.
  5. PhantomLore New Player

Its not broken its balanced pretty well if you have not noticed. For example.. if you get knocked or interrupt by any means, you will be knocked out of casting AND it takes time for the power to be used. Slow activation big damage. Celestial isn't good in some lowers content with other people by your side cause sense they can put out damage quicker, the enemies barely have enough time to accept the ticks of celestial while in t5 raids they have higher life which it can take celestial damage. It depends on the location and player. a single target dps should to fairly better than a celestial dps in boss raids.
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I don't like the rifle or 1 handed animations. I also don't have any knowledge of why 1 handed would need a "fix".

Rifle two triangle is the strongest tap range in the game, is aoe, and has pushback. The splash damage needs to be "fixed". It's herasy to say I know.

As far as celestial, if you are going to fix "retribution-cwither", included should be slight reduction in the cast time like .4 to .6 seconds of plague-divine light combos and an addition of two extra ticks to death mark.

Also jeb, yesterday and today I have noticed cleansed plague dots not spreading on enemy ko, have you noticed this?
  7. PhantomLore New Player

wrong person but still go towards you lol
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Haven't been using plague lately so not sure, I know it use to work fine.

And yeah, that's the tricky part of celestial, with so much time to be inturrupted. It's powerful, but put us in melee situations where we get inturrupted, are we going to be more powerful than those burst powersets, I don't think so. But right now spamming retribution is just perfect for what we're doing, it's so efficient while still being really solid.
  9. Bandee0817 New Player

just see when the new rage power will come, celestial will fall under the shadows and every unskilled and unpracticed dps will cry for nerf too. this one for who's are crying always for nerf: stop using power respec tokens every 2 weeks. stick with one power and LEARN IT! dont cry if you cant dps good with celestial. thats nonsence. interesting, my dps is fire now, before i was celestial, before that quantum. theese are all equal, none of them op or nerfed. just know how to use it. and if you dont place your skills on the right places, then dont say **** things. im sure, 70% of ppl who cries for nerf to celestial, they just swithced the power and nothing else. if you celestial you need to place your skill points to precision, not might. gears too. dont be surprised that loads of ppl outdamage others, if they already got the best gears and tons of marks and lot of exos, they dont need more then a 10 minutes to put precision based gears. precision monds on the gears and reset skill points for maximum precision. and there it is. they easily can outdamage thoose ones who were quantum or fire or whatever, except hl. you cant be the top celestial dps with full might gear, mods, skill points. even if you dont know what are you doing. as a miracle (-.-), i was good with celestial and might based gear, but i put all my skill points to precision. as result i got a might-precision hybrid, what worked really well and i did more damage then other higher cr dps-es. why? because i knew what i did, nnot just pushed every button when i could. with might gears and mods i did nice damage out with pots and the cursed totem or what was that sc. and i had nice precision to make big numbers with the power combos. if you cant do the power combos, just go for fire, i promise, that is easy as hell and you can do nice damage out, but dont cry that whos are better and have long time experience about the game and they can do more damage then you. just work on that to be that person whos are will crying because of you, but dont be one of them. i think thats all i can say. if anyone think im wrong, come and blame me, dont care, but i know what im talking about, i know this game very well, then others who just started at few months earlier and already started to cry. if whos agree with me, thumbs up :) peace and respect to everyone.
  10. Hussler New Player

If you can just stand still and spamm your power in a duel without even using your weapon and beat the other person,both punchline fully nodded and both over 80 s.p . Something wrong there. Celestial need looking into.oh and barely used any power.
  11. Galadorn New Player

If you (shift) block the strongest celestial DPS COMBO will hurt around the 5% of the damage. (50-100 dmg)
    Some celestial powers costs low power, some do cost lots.
    Most of the celestial powers are weak and useless if you don't complete the combo
    If you get stunned, pushed, feared or any other effect your combo gets interrupted (Weak attack and power lose)

Now it's OP?
    The answer is NO, this Power set has more risks to do nothing and therefore more benefits when doing something.
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If your getting beat like that, then pvp just isn't for you.
  13. Burnt New Player

Do you feel better now that the nerf is in? You'll still be bottom of the DPS board
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

What are you talking about? Celestial got buffed more than it got "nerfed". Celestial only got nerfed to those that spam Retribution mindlessly.
  15. Ogat New Player

Retribution IS the core of every rotation tho regerdless if you do more then it or not. IT's a 16% dmg decrease justified by construct animation time beeing reduced(really?) and a 37.5% power cost increase at the same time. This will make 2 celestials in 1 group completely not viable as you'll pretty much have to resort to PcDL or DLcP to keep up and those don't stack between two celestials, also the more challenging stuff to perform like defile tap jump powerphase tap retri will take a dps hit as well. And annoint is not the answer, hl dps hugging me for buffs anyways sure i'll let them have 800 more precision cuz that wan't make beating the even harder..
    • Like x 1
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Main buffs weere healing.

I doubt Annoint will stay as good as it is right now.

it is a nerf to celestial dps, BUT it needed one :D
  17. lanternknight Committed Player

Please don't make silly posts when clearly don't know a power or it's use in pvp. If you are letting a celestial user stand back and do damage then you clearly lack common sense. Celestial gets their damage off of combos. Combos that are ALL interruptable. If you stay right up on them they won't have time to get thwir combos off. When you see their hands glowing is when you go for the interrupt.

When you dual a celestial user stay out their range before the start of the dual. The reason is to stay out of the range of their longest and most powerful combo during the countdown

Do those tips and you wont have a hard time against celestial users in pvp or dual
    • Like x 1
  18. Zpred Dedicated Player

I agree retribution needed a power increase but I don't believe cleansed wither needed a damage reduction, like some have said it is pretty much the bread n butter of a celestial dps loadout regardless the loadout, that would be like hitting hard on HLs snap trap fan.

On the bright side the healing buffs sound cool.
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

Spamming retribution to wither should be on par with spamming ram snaptrap fan or just snaptrap fan, which it currently isn't in both power usage and damage potential.
  20. Zpred Dedicated Player

Spamming light blast or other 35% finishers should be on par with photon blast but they are not, it's what seperates certain powers uniqueness, what every power should do the exact same damage but with different animations? There's a lot of powers that do the same feature that are not on par with each other in every power type.

What I was meant to of said was I don't believe it should of took a double hit, increased power cost n lowered damage? I believe one or the other but not both imo.