Celestial Dmg

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fighter, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Fighter Well-Known Player

I just started playing my Celestial character again. I heal usually but had the chance to dps last night. I used anoint benediction dark impact smite plague and divine light. I think I will switch DL for robot sidekick. But I am not sure about dark impact. What do you all think? What loud outs are you all running in T6 content?

Oh and I am using Bow into pistols. But I think handblasters into now will be better.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Check out Remander's Guide.
    it Will help with your Celestial Damage
  3. Fighter Well-Known Player

Yeah I have checkout his guide and it's great! I was just wondering what actual loud outs people are finding work well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I like to get up close and personal.

I dont use Weapon Mastery or weapon attacks either.

Admonish, Plague, Consume Soul, Benediction, Anoint, Cursed Idol.

Ranged I use
    Smite, Benediction, Retribution, Plague, Anoint, Cursed Idol
    • Like x 1
  5. Fighter Well-Known Player

Awesome. I will give these a try. I usually try a few loud outs and end up with my own version. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Doctor Painsoup New Player

I will preface my statement by saying I am far from the best celestial dps. So my opinions might not carry the most weight, but I find celestial dps very situational in terms of what powers to use.

For generic groups of trash mobs in alerts/raids w/ a tank I will typically use CI+ Prec Trinket+Benediction+Anoint, PcDL, WcR, RcW into WM for cleanup or repeating depending on how much health they have.

However in alerts with no tank if I am going to be dealing with aggro alot then AcB or CScWotP/WotPcCS becomes more useful.

For single target high health mobs like raid bosses moves like DLcP and BcM become more useful because of the white DoTs they apply. I know RcC used to also apply a DoT of some sort, however I think they may have changed it in a recent patch because the effect was not intended. So an easy rotation for bosses could involve Trinket+Anoint+BcM, DLcP, RcW x3 repeat as needed. Though the last RcW could be replaced with a quick WM combo to get the hit counter to 9 for the Prec buff from the neck.

That being said I used to run 2 dps armories. One for trash and one for bosses. That however grew tiring fairly quick and with full 94 gear, I setup a loadout that would allow a mix between the two that would work in both situations well.

Current loadout : Wither, Anoint, Retribution, Benediction, Plauge, Cursed Idol

I could swap out Plague or Wither on bosses for DL if I wanted too but I am lazy quite often lol.

Cursed Idol is a great SC for damage compared to the others. Considering its a free might based DoT which also heals everything around it's large area it can really help on large groups of mobs as well as bosses. Bonus its only 25%. However I have not done much testing with LD. But i think the damage is fairly low compared to CI.

So like I said it can be hard to pin down a celestial dps loadout when there are so many options available to use. But as I recall Robot sidekick does very little damage relative to what you could do with your powers. While it might seem like a free bit of easy damage, it was mainly used by people (myself included) when all we did was buff our WM and pew pew.

If any of the regulars find something wrong with this please do correct me, as I said I am far from an expert on Celestial. But have used it as my main since the power was introduced. Best of luck.
  7. Fighter Well-Known Player

Awesome Doctor PainSoup, thank you! That's gives me more to try out. I agree that Celestial is a very situation power. Using long combos in solo content and without a tank is troublesome.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

I run the same loadout doc, but i don't use DL for bosses... tried it and i think it's not that great that i have to hurry with changing my loadout ;). But it's jsut my opinion.
  9. Zerefu New Player

Try my backwards compatible loadout of Divine Light, Anoint Benediction, Plague, Robot Sidekick, CI.
    If you're on a solo boss use Plague clip Anoint clip benecMale then HB combo into Divine lightcPlague and at any time if adds show up you can go right to the multi loadout which is reverse, Divine light clip anoint clip bene, WM plaguecDL
    Works like a dream
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yuck! WM! :p
    I do like the loadout though.
    :D
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

my rotations are:
    Adds/Mobs/Adds+Boss: PcDL, WcR, RcW, repeat and i'm keeping Bene/Anoint always up.

Singletarget: BcM, Anoint, PcDL, 3xRcW
    • Like x 2
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The ranged loadout that Supreme gave, I use. It is very smooth and it feels powerful. Does very good damage also.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Same. I do have an all melee loadout without PcDL for when I run with another Celestial DPS (not often).
    • Like x 1
  14. Fighter Well-Known Player

Thanks everyone for all the awesome responses. I have a lot to try and sort out now!!