Celebrate With Us! Anniversary Gifts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Happy 9th Anniversary!

Another big year has come and gone. We joined the Justice League Dark to stop threats of a dark magical variety, and then faced down even darker threats from the Dark Multiverse and the Dark Knights.

It's time to lighten up a little as we head into 2020, starting with the anniversary event and...the threat of complete annihilation at the hands of the Anti-Monitor.

Alright, well, we'll start lightening up a bit soon. For now, it IS time to celebrate. Enjoy the Attack of the Anti-Monitor anniversary event through January, and because it is our anniversary, make sure to log in now to claim your anniversary gifts!

As always, your support through the years is invaluable. Thank you for spending your 2019 with us. Now, on to 2020!

ALL-PLAYER GIFTS

Everyone gets to celebrate the anniversary with one FREE Character Advance to CR255 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) or to CR100 (Nintendo Switch)!

Whether you want to jump back in on a main character or start a new one, this advance will get you right into the fight. This character advance also comes with numerous starter items to get you going and the new Hera's Strength 2020 gear suit, pictured below. (Note that player-requested open helmet!)

Plus, if you want the Hera's Strength style on multiple characters, you can pick it up through Style Unlocking after you have equipped it on any character.

[IMG]
    Hera's Strength 2020

To claim your free Character Advance, you must log in between now and January 31, 2020. Once you have logged in, you may use the advance right away or save it for a later time. One per account.

Additional Character Advances may be purchased at Character Creation or Character Select.

MEMBER GIFTS

Of COURSE there are more gifts for Members.

Starting today, log in to claim your special Member Appreciation Gift Box. Inside you will find the Member Gift Artifact Cache, Artifact Catalysts, XP, and Seals, AND the full set of all-new ROYAL CHROMA MATERIALS!

Materials allow you to swap out the texture (or "material") on any gear style with a new one. Royal Chroma Materials channel elegance and come in seven colors (yes, you get them all).

Like all Chromas, each color comes as a set of three variants to allow for the ultimate in customization (yes, you still get them all!). That's 7 sets of 3 variants each, for 21 total Chroma Materials. Math is so 2020.

Take a look!

[IMG]
    Royal Chroma Materials (Example of Each Color)

[IMG]
    Royal Chroma Materials (Example of the Green's 3 Variants)

To claim your free Member Appreciation Gift, you must be a member and then log in between now and January 31, 2020. Players can upgrade to membership and log in to receive the Member Appreciation Gift. One per account. Items are account bound.

OPEN EPISODES

Look, you knew it was coming. Also starting today, Open Episodes are back! All players can play through Episode 35 (with increased loot lockout times) now through February 7, 2020. Log in, rank up, and get a taste of what you have been missing.

Open Episodes will run through February 7, 2020. Excludes Metal Part II.

Happy Anniversary, and we'll see you in-game!
    • Like x 28
  2. Eve YouTuber

Soooo many gifts!!! The materials and the reskin looks great. Thank you Devs! :)
    Happy Anniversary & Happy Birthday DCUO ^_^
    • Like x 5
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

thanks for the gifts, we really do appreciate it however for the future plz no more chroma styles, the game is overchromatized already.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If we are not currently a member, or have never been a member, if membership is added before the 31st, will the grant be applied or do you need to be a member already. That XP might get me to subscribe for a month on a few premium accounts.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, Membership sale? You did it last year.
    • Like x 2
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

• Like x 1
  7. Walvine Well-Known Player

Raise's a pepsi max ,...Salutes!
    • Like x 1
  8. Andros New Player

Happy Anniversary and thank you so much for the gift. I really appreciate the members gift, even if 180.000exp it's not that much for an artifact to rank up starting from 0. The CR skip it's very useful, especially for the new players, but the comparison between the 255 CR and only 77SP it's unbalanced. I' m also wondering why Playstation, Xbox and PC get the CR skip to 255 and only Switch get the CR 100 (I know that it's a new platform but there're already people with max CR there. An advice, take a look for the EU server, it' s empty).

As always thank you very much for your hard work.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

will the Royals be available later on down the road as well? wouldn't mind picking up a couple of extra of some of the colors for other characters.

(yes I know I can trade the unopened color packs via shared bank to the other toons but, for example, I have a few character that use green and would like to get each of them one if possible even if its later down the road)
    • Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guess my new years resolution is to become a traitor.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

February 7 is the end date for open episodes.
    • Like x 3
  12. Carolynn New Player

chromas only for members?
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The artifact stuff is not tradeable.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Unknown at this time.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

They are for members
    • Like x 2
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Membership sale coming? Just hoping people don't buy a membership today only to see it go on sale tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the nth metal detectors are actually tradeable, I just sent them from an alt account to my main.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the cats and the detectors have always been tradeable to the same platform(to my knowledge anyway).
    • Like x 1
  19. Gladrios New Player

SWEET! thank you, been waiting for a while for a cr skip. since no one running old things anymore, this kinda saved me!
    • Like x 1
  20. SilverGT2000 New Player

I'd like to start off by thanking the dev's for a very wonderful gesture for so many gifts related to the new 2020 Anniversary here in DCUO. I certainly do appreciate it .

With that being said I'm once again left disappointed and a little annoyed due to I'm still waiting on double art xp weekend to come back around and finally a 4th slot for artifacts. We have had to many choices for so long and so many different combinations but nowhere to put them.

I was hoping with the launch of so many multiple artifacts at once and the start of Tier 10 it would have been then but it never came. My next hope was at the 2020 Anniversary event and so far(and I do mean just from what we've been given ad of now) I'm left disappointed again.

Please understand I'm not angry or ranting lol, I really do love the gifts and thank all again so much for your generosity to the players.

I'm just sitting here I guess wanting something more to put my time and money into with another slot.

Thank You again and I hope the Anniversary Event is a huge success
    • Like x 1