Catering to Casual Crowd Hurting the Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ichiro, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup. Say what you want about OC, there was a desire from the community to beat those raids and as a result, people were running whatever they could to both gear up and beat them. Now, I don't think OC was good for the community by any stretch of the imagination, but I would rather have the game in that state then the one we have now.
    • Like x 4
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You do know what a scripted attack is, right?
    • Like x 1
  3. Sylo Committed Player

Really doesn't matter what you blame. The game is as it is. You either adapt or move on. Really doesn't get much simpler than that. Sorry dude.
    • Like x 2
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

change is an option up 2 the servers are perma off
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ol boy here we go. Yes I do know what scripted attack is. U do know how to pull right? U do know how to not die b4 everybody else right? Make excuses to make urself feel better.

I'm not sugar coating things 4 likes. If the tank can't pull adds ( I'm not talking about bombshell, Not talking bout HH boss) then there a problem. If your a 131 Tank in NGN dying b4 everybody there a problem.

Can't pull adds in L&W and your 125 there a problem.

Your response is tired some. Ur trying to call me out about tank when I mention alll roles! but then again if you mention something about a tank defending them most likely you will get a like, ignoring the fact I mention ALLLLLL roles.

DCUO forums isnt informative any more. It all about who can out smart who to get likes in a argument. I see why ppl in game, facebook, youtube, talk bad about us as a whole.

Im kinda chuckling right know cause ur trying to find away to see if I know what I'm talking about to get likes, when everybody knows their are alot of inexperience players playing at T7 that took sp and mods dont matter to heart.

Everybody that playing this game knows this. But for some reason ppl arn't calling it out hear on the forums.

Answer me this and I will leave it alone.

If a tank keep dying will he lose aggro?
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Exactly.

There was a huge buzz around the time for that entire DLC. From the pre-release hype, to when it was actually out there.

The raids were poorly executed. The DPS focus meant players sacrificed support roles in favour of burn to ensure that ******** enrage mechanics didn't kick in. This sacrificed that extra tank/healer which helped with group survivability. Coupled with the fact that technical problems prevented things from rendering, people were unfairly dying and no amount of skill could save you from it. But people still persevered.

The biggest reason OC was a flop was because of it's poor and pathetic rewards structure. It's still bad today but today is a vast improvement over the original reward structure. Ultimately, after the first time you beat a piece of content, the desire to simply beat it is gone. You've done that. Now you're doing it again to improve your character. When you're running a piece of really tough content and you're getting absolutely nothing, not even a mark or something which would eventually lead to the best reward, then there's no reason to run that content any more.

Coupled with the fact that GTA5 came out around that time, too and beating the best that DCUO had to offer, there was nothing at all to do and very little reason to play, so people left and enjoyed the hell out of GTA5. Many never coming back again.

DLC8 offered nothing fresh, either. We were overpowered for everything it had to offer from Day 1. It's the only DLC I can think of which I completed in it's entirety in a single day. So a lot of people just stayed away.
    • Like x 3
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Spot on.

Not to mention, people completed all the DLC 8 content in under an hour. There was both a total lack of difficulty and there wasn't any form of time sink in that content. I knew a lot of people who left around that time because there wasn't anything for them in that DLC.
    • Like x 2
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I look at this being a very simple thing. You think mods matter, bottom line though they truly don't if the player knows what they're doing (which is a very small part of the population) and chances are even if the players who don't know what they're doing were modded, they'd probably still have issues. Mods aren't the main problem, the player bases knowledge is.
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Results says other wise. I'm not changing my mind when it come to this. What ever you speak and what I experience and what majority of ppl have problems with. Is on two different planets.
    All im hearing excuses now
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You're pulling "numbers" out of nowhere. You're right in realizing that were going to have to agree to disagree and that you're hearing excuses.

Too bad it seems to be your excuses.
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Didn't pull numbers when I say what i experienced. So ur saying stuff to keep arguing. Like I said. I'm not changing my mind as of now. If u feel insecure cause u don't mod is your problem
  12. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Hmmm this would not show the legendary subs, or life time. Also does not show pc...but it does show a distinct drop in numbers for sure.
  13. Rekn Well-Known Player

All the DOOM and GLOOM.

Yes Numbers of the population are not what they used to be after launch, yes there was a decrease in sales of expansions. Nothing every MMO on the market has gone thru.

Some things that are interesting....

City of Heroes was only the 5th( might be the 6th been a bit since I looked that info up) MMO recorded to actually shut down.

These type of threads have been around for 15years for Everquest yet it still seems to keep the servers on.

I know a few games still have the lights on but a very small crowd playing...yet when you think about the fact that we have more people alive today than have died in recorded history I think a small crowd is plenty to keep most of these games running.

Mods - Skill Points - have an impact but not nearly much an impact as knowledgeable and smart ( Dumb ) does.

Well have a good week all.
  14. pauleta180 Well-Known Player

i think these numbers are slightly off. if you have a sub, you don't own the content so i think everybody that has a sub is not counted in these numbers. if i'm wrong then these numbers are terrible.
  15. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

and you just replied to an almost 2 year old comment...
    • Like x 1
  16. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

that is some serious necro right there.
    • Like x 1
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

try to do that with NO HIGH CR MODDED PLAYERS. if the whole group is as you say...IT WILL NOT GET DONE!!!!!
  19. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the game is a bore. I have, and will again. take a long, NOT PAYING, break. come back for a month. and get it all done. and be bored...AGAIN...with the no skill needed, lame DLC they come out with...
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry but I had to :D
    [IMG]