Categorizing friends?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Captain Domino, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Captain Domino Committed Player

Not sure if this has been brought up (I'm sure it has at some point) but, what are everyone's thoughts on adding an option to put certain players under a role sort of category?

I'm hoping I'm not alone here but, I tend to add people who I think do pretty well at their role (or if they're just cool and mellow) but, over time I tend to not always remember the role said person was.

I think implementing something like a role category in the friends list will not only help with putting together a solid group but, also the experience players will have.

Just an idea. Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It would be a nice basic thing to have. Instant messenger programs have it, and our lists are similar.

Also we should be able to categorize the ignore list so we can group by offenses! :D
    • Like x 3
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

An excellent idea, especially when we factor in the existence of power respecs, the limitations of human memory, and how some people might take long breaks and forget who is what on their friends list.
    • Like x 1
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

+1
    I usually add people that are cool and do well with their role, bringing my friendlist to something like:

-Johnthetank (good tank)
    -Jimthetroll (good troll)
    -Jenthehealer (good healer)
    -Jack (cool guy, saved Rose)
    -James (some guy i chatted at level 10)

Then the days go by and i'm assembling a group and i open my friendlist to look at something like:

-Person
    -Person
    -Person that occasionally sends tells
    -Person
    -Why did i add this guy?
    • Like x 3
  5. SSeid Committed Player

People can change powers so it won't be that helpful.. However if you could see the power that people in FL are it would really help.. not only to make groups but it would also satisfy the inner stalker of most people :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Captain Domino Committed Player

Haha, I agree with the ignore part. Would definitely be nice to have some options :)
  7. Captain Domino Committed Player

Yup! Pretty much describes my experience with the friends list lol. Unless of course I run with them regularly and don't take any months off.
    • Like x 1
  8. Captain Domino Committed Player

I was thinking maybe it would automatically show there current power or something a long the lines of showing which role was previously played or most played. And of course, satisfying that inner stalker hehe; )
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A setting that allows you to put role icons of what roles you play by your name on friends and league lists would work as well. Only issue would be getting people to actually remember to do it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain Domino Committed Player

Yup, that would be nice to have something like that. Nice to see you btw, Cold. It's been a while!
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

All it would take is their role symbol next to their name like when we are in a group. Something the new UI would have had? They need to get this new UI back on the table, the quality of life changes it could have brought is endless and from the videos I seen before they put it on hold looked like they had already done quite alot of work on it.
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

It has been brought up many times before and it is desperately needed. I hope they get around to this in the near future.
  13. Stilway Well-Known Player

Maybe they could color code a players name so you know what role they are on your friends list. So even if someone on your friends list changes their power the color of their name on your list would change.

Example:

-Blue for Trollers... Matching the power bar.

-Green for Healers.... Matching the health bar

-Yellow for DPS.... Matching the might damage color

-Red for Tanks..... Matching the damage numbers we see when we're hit by an add.
    • Like x 1
  14. Veritasum Loyal Player

This is a no brainer feature that should be in game and as such has been requested countless times. Unfortunately, I htink this went the way of the UI revamp. It's one of those things that you could likely add to the existing UI, but the more you add or change, why not just do the UI revamp? o_O It gets a lil nutty.

In case you're not aware what is the way of the UI revamp, it's that it went away, likely forever.
    • Like x 1
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

I'm still hoping that the Dev team can talk their superiors into funding a UI update...
    • Like x 1
  16. Owl Devoted Player

I think that there should at least be symbols by a friend's name indicating the power set and the current role.
    • Like x 3
  17. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

There's nothing to gain by (very roughly) knowing why you put someone on igno. That would have no use and therefore would be a complete waste of the devs' time.
  18. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It would be for the same reasons as categorizing friends. Different players may have different scales for offenses. As an example, maybe the bots go in one category. Also, a year from now, I may not remember what someone's offense was... just like I might not remember a friend's role. The ignore list isn't as important naturally, but if a change like this is applied to one list, the work has already been done to apply to another list.
  19. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

yeah, I did get your concept of different scales of offenses the first time, but why would you want to remember why you put people on your igno list?
    categorizing friends makes sense, because you still play and interact with them, and you might need a specific role at a time to join your group.
    you don't play or interact with the people on your igno anyway, so there's no point in categorizing them.
  20. Tannen Committed Player

an alternative to an ability to categorize, would be to add a field for each friend where you could add a personal note of some sort. So if I run with Bobby Electric, and think he did a good job healing, I friend him and add a note saying "good electric heals", then 6 months later I notice him on, and see that note. I may not remember what I ran with him, but I'll know why I added him.