Castlevania animated series

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by montazumas revenge, Feb 9, 2017.

1. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Wow so Netflix decided to revive this project :eek: I'm a big Castlevania fan and I remember back in 2007 when the planned anime project was going to be animated movies with the first being based on Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse. There was concept art and hype but then it eventually fizzled out and thought to be cancelled. But now as a animated series, this sounds interesting

[IMG]
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Here's the new trailer from Netflix

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Looking forward to episode 1. Its premiering, this morning. Coming up that is.
  5. Helderman Dedicated Player

Will it be kodomo, shonen or seinen?
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The show is fire. Kudos to the team behind the animation and the director who helped bring this all together. Also, FYI, the show has been green lit for another season
  7. krytine Loyal Player

It is a great little series if you can call 4 episodes a series. Yeah 4 thats it i was disappointed about that. But its good what they have.
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very true but you have to admit that Netflix took a big gamble by testing the waters to see if the show or mini series in this case garners enough support and interest to continue their Castlevania project. So far, it panned out for Netflix with the good reviews and will continue with season 2 that will have 8 episodes
    [IMG]
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

They didn't take a gamble, they blatantly showed they have absolutely no idea about what works for their customers and what does not. They gave green light for season 2 just a few hours after release of season 1. Their numbers say the homemade Adam Sandler crap works so their marketing wants them to stick with that, and doing something not in the numbers they try to sell as gamble. But honestly: the way other titles (not Netflix own productions) in the vampire-range of stories work, they should have known their customers better. What is all the data-collecting worth if they can't analyze it properly???

Sometimes they offer me American Psycho as a Comedy and I think "Hey, they finally got a rough idea of my taste...." Then they offer me their Ridiculous Six crap "because you watched Terminator" and I realize "nope, that was just a random mistake on their end...."

If companies could actually work with all the data they collect, they wouldn't need to sell a safe shot as a "gamble".
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I want them to make one based on Ghouls 'n Ghosts. And then say, "This is the hardest thing we ever tried to do. I guess we shouldn't have tried to film all of it at once."
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    [IMG]
    The second season of Castlevania dropped on Netflix and it was fantastic. Yes, the show had some things that I can complain about but truthfully did not hurt the show. With the good reception by many, Nefflix didn’t wait long before deciding upon the future of the show. According to Deadline, Netflix has already ordered another season with an expanded episode count. The new season will have ten episodes, an increase from the eight episodes in season 2, and four episodes in season 1.

Here is a small clip of awesome
    • Like x 1
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

And I'm again really looking forward to the next season. Still don't get their marketing folks and data analysts though. As long as they stay even just roughly with the source material, that show will get great numbers. Just don't jump the shark....
    • Like x 1