Case for an Indigo Lantern Powerset

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

eh. i just prefer a true shadow power. no light whatsoever in any shape or form, & black/greyish white animations
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

id imagine shadow would also include a form of stealth, perhaps a shadow form supercharge, shadow pulls and such, because id see it as a troll power AND maybe a unique ability to control adds themselves by controlling their "shadows", & a shadow teleport attack
    • Like x 1
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

back on topic of the post tho, i would be down for any new power regardless of what it may be, need something fresh
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Roth Committed Player

It all depends on whether the devs think it's worth the effort, I have a sliver of hope they do. We've hardly gotten anything new besides Episodes and Time Capsules
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The case for an Indigo power is simple.

We need it.

Case closed. ;) ;)

Heck we need ALL the Lantern powers.

Love- As you say there was male Star Sapphire. So no reason we could not have it as a Healer power.

Greed- What if your character is a construct from the EViLLL Larfleeze?
    Or we use the fact that Lex was an Orange Lantern to explain why there would be more then one. Would make a good Controller power. ;)

Black and White- It is a game. They could find a way to balance it on par with the other powers. Or make them UBER powerful and sell a 1000000 respec power token. ;)
    And they could use it to add some new mechanics in the game.
    Imagine a White Lantern with the ability to raise his fallen comrades?

Or imagine the EViLLL Black Lantern that can raise his fallen comrades as EViLLL Black Lantern for the rest of the fight.

And heck... now we have the Ultraviolet Lanterns too to think of adding into the game. ;) ;)
  6. Raven Roth Committed Player

DC is deadly protective of their lantern lore so the Devs have to do it how they want them to.

Only few men were found worthy of joining the SS Corps. DC would have to give them an ok on it.

Unless he's there with it Larfleeze wouldn't allow his stuff to be anywhere else than Okarra, Lex was only an Orange Lantern for a few seconds before Larfleeze showed up and almost killed him getting his ring back. Larfleeze draws power directly from Ophidian so good luck having him hunt you down for his ring, if you're referring to in game none of the misted villains are lanterns. Also you're ok with your character being permanently orange?

It doesn't matter, in their lore they're too powerful, and Mepps already said it's not happening. Indigo and Ultraviolet are our only viable options
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Roth Committed Player

8. IonHero Committed Player

I assume that the lantern powers are still granted by the exobytes in our characters system. (which I believe draw from the genetics, tech and magic from the "Future timeline").

Anyone should be able to be for example an Orange lantern, as the power is coming from either a copy of Future Larfleeze's ring (Tech) or from the Citrine Mist of Future Avarice (Meta) or possibly some Magic copy of the power?. Larfleeze would not be deputizing us.

Same would go with any of the other Lantern powers.
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

The exobytes don't grant us the rings, back in the day if you switched to light a message would play saying you've been deputized. Misted Iconics use mist enhanced versions of their normal powers. And even if it were an orange ring from the future all Ophidians across all realities are the same being, so Larfleeze in the present would sense that the orange light is on Earth.
  10. IonHero Committed Player

Just from a narrative stand point, being deputized doesn't really make a lot of sense.
    Your character also don't have the rings weaknesses (like during War of the Light Part 2, Green Lanterns don't get destroyed by Orange.).
    Nor the issues with their rings that plagued the Corps through the latter half of the Leveling missions, and "Fight for the Light".

So I guess... Your exobyte power is... you are a Battery for your Ring. (Or your power is an abundance of Fear, Rage or Will.)
    You fill your ring With either your Genetic Power (probably a small portion of the emotion entity granted by the exobytes.), your magic, or you have your own tech to charge it.

On that note, I'd be fine with "Mist" Powers. I'm not an Orange Lantern I'm just enveloped in Citrine Mist. :p
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

The devs said recoloring a power isn't as simple as it sounds so I doubt they'd recolor every single one with all 7 mists