Capsules Are Not Game Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizz iZ, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

Well played, sir
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

I'll make my point really clear.

The OP says TCs are not game content.

I say they are, because I use the broker to get them, from a mix of items both from TCs, DLCs (op collections) and base items....and rare iconic gear. All those things except for the few items I get from FREE stabilizers, gets me enough money each time a TC comes out, to get all the stuff I want. I play the game, I get TC stuff (everything so far except two new auras and Ill have them soon.)
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Let me ask this, since it does come back to defining what is and isn't "game content":
    What changes to Time Capsules or how you aquire stabilizers would justify the feats attached?
  4. Riddim7 Active Player

People can argue about Time Capsules as much sa they want but there is 1 simple fact about them - they was made only to get money.

Most players even once didnt get most rare collection or material but those things are on broker. Means somebody for second time did get most rare thing in game - used first one and can sell second one. And here is rip off part. Or some players are favored to get for second time thing from Time capsule which most players will newer get or those players did open hundreds of Time Capsules using stabilizers they must bought. Both scenarios are not fair for players.

"Broker strategy"? hmmm didnt know DCUO is strategy game. When start playing game around 4 years ago broker was to buy exos, plans. But thats true, this game get so low that players need "broker strategy" to get impossible to get things for feats, which is sad when you think about meaning of word feat, and that on some real feats players need to spent long hours in raids/alerts, and atm word feat mean nothing in this game since to get "feat" you just need real or in-game money.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Its a game.. and part of the game is trying to make money to buy things we need

That involves "broker strategy"
    • Like x 1
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

Even in its prime, the broker was important. Ya didnt get that might plan ya needed, oh its 10 mil in broker, how did I ever buy that back in the T4 and T5 days without TC items?

Same way I do now. Selling high demand items at premium prices, when enough players get the item, price drops, then I move on to the next rare thing. You all make this sound like its rocket science.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats the thing, there shouldnt be feats attached lol
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Or, some people like me sell that rare drop the second we get it, without collecting it the first time. For instance, the phoenix feather or void essence sells for way less now, than they did when they first came out. If I get lucky enough to get 1 out of the 3 rarest collections, I will sell it knowing at some point I can buy it back for half the amount.
  9. recoil Committed Player

capsules really aren't the problem here. does the rng for the most recent ones suck beyond reason? yes it does. but who's fault is that? the most you can make from content is 20-30k and that's through selling plans. divide that up and it would take MONTHS to get enough cash to buy a collection piece that will only be around for 1 to 2 months. you could sell stuff but guess what? no one wants to pay for stuff that used to go for about 2 million. our biggest problem is 90% of broker items have DEFLATED and 10%(the capsule collections) have INFLATED and stay that way. we need either a major re-haul of the cash rewards to reflect the inflated broker prices, or less rng.
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

If you only sell plans, yeah I doubt you'd even get that.

Base items though, youd be surprised what many go for, and its as easy as running a t2 duo.

OP collections for newest content, 9 of the 36 can net ya over 10mil each. Those come from running the two box granting solo missions in A51 or TTV, both bounty missions, 411 mission, both alerts, and both raids. (Alert and raids theres a chance at every boss.)
  11. recoil Committed Player

for the most part i sell (what was) rare collections. though i may be putting more emphasis on arkham from now on since coulrophobia seems to sell well. (if you are reading this arkham is a very boring grind don't go there)
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Neverwinter??? Play that one somtimte. That seems to still be doing fine. How did he destroy it??

What is the other one??
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not really.

Jackster was on Neverwinter before. Neverwinter is still going. It was even added to PS4 less then a year ago.... and still is doing fine with plenty of players.

Heck some of the stuff that we have in DCUO comes straight from Neverwinter like the Time Capsules.
    In Neverwinter they have Lockboxes that work in a similar way.

Neverwinter did not get a short life after Jackster was there...... pretty much the opposite. It even got expanded to PS4.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Playing the Broker is a game in itself in DCUO.

It can be time consuming.... but it usually is the better option to get something like Phoenix Material or even better Cosmic material.

But it takes practice..... trial end errors....... and time spent selling items to master.

But once you do master playing the Broker.... it makes it easier to get some of the rare items in the game.

Heck I bought a handfull of Cosmic Materials... Phoenix Materials..... and others I forget playing the Broker. ;)

15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Where do you think they items you get from "using the Broker" come from??? o_O
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

The same place my TC items come from that I put in the broker....caps opened by free stabilizers.

Every player can get a free box every 3, 4 or 5 days. Thousands and thousands of characters. Like Ive said before, if only 25%-50% of those players sell their free goods, it becomes a large broker market.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Really??? You think that all the items come from "free" stabilizers??

We have people spending hundreds of $$$ on stabilizers..... and some rare collections/Materials go for $100M+ on the Broker.

So... if items came from "free" stabilizers as you claim....
    Rare items would go for a Billion on the Broker..... if it was as you claim. o_O
    • Like x 1
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Not ALL but people do take advantage of the fact that stabilizers drop in game.
  19. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

In Neverwinter, assuming you played the game, offer items from inside the capsules that helped a player progress?
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Assuming??? Now you hurt my feeeelings. ;)

Help a player progress??

Oh yes.... it does help a player progress quite a lot.

It speeds up your crafting quite a lot.

It speeds up the Professions by giving you characters that will craft faster.
    Better tools for your Professions to increase the quality of what you craft.

It gives you a truckload of stuff for your companion. Either to upgrade your companion.....
    or it gives you new extra companions.

It gives you Silver bars that allow you to buy some of the best gear in the game.
    You can buy crafting items.
    You can buy Artifacts.
    You can buy some better companions.
    You can buy some better mounts.

And much more I fail to mention.

Maybe I should make a video of all you can get from them boxes? ;)